HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bad Loss Habs lose 4-2 against Senators

Old
01-16-2010, 10:10 PM
FeelsLike93

vCash: 500
its so frustrating to see people bash Price everytime he loses a game wowww hes only human relax

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Until Halak is weak and we'll see a "please stop playing Halak and ride Price all the way".

Come on, we have 2 young kids who are not saviours, but are not terrible either. We have to go with the hottest and play with the ones with a streak.

Which to me doesn't mean AT ALL to go with who wins. If either loses 1-0 with 50 saves, the heck with the fact that he loses. You have to know who respond well after a heartbreakin loss. If you have some kind of view for the playoffs, you need to know that factor. Possible that you have to go with 1 goalie in order to get things going. You have to know who respond well not after a win but after a loss.
a general response to all regular posters, when our team is allowed to play an offensive game we are good to great. When we play the passive game we are easy to play against. Really when we look at the goalies we can see clearly that we have two very good goalies, it is the type of game we play that we need to address.

1. We have speed and puck control is available to us.
2. Our defense is not as fast or tough as we need them to be
3. Our Goalies can steal a game here and there but we don't know against who or when
4. Playing your third or fourth line in the last few minutes of a close game is why Guy Carbonneau is not the coach any more.
5. The 1 -2 -2 is garbage when our team is as fast or faster thatn most teams in the league

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Okay...I've officially given Martin a chance. I really don't find him that much better than Carbonneau. He does play his top players more than Carbonneau did, but that's about it.

Plays the 4th line too much (at least recently).....whatever system the Habs play, doesn't seem to suit the team. Why do the Habs not forecheck aggressively?

He doesn't seem to be much of a motivator....this team plays with little or no emotion.

and for the love of Mary, Jesus and Joseph, break up the Gill and Mara pairing, or at least keep them off the ice when the 4th line is out.

To his credit, he does call the occasional timeout.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Are you guys joking? Price wasn't great but he wasn't the reason we lost.

Don't you remember Halak in the last game against Ottawa? We also lost 4-2. The exact same score.

The Ottawa Senators are just better than us. Their defence is better, and their bottom 6 is way better than ours. Their top 6 are more physical, and better along the boards.
Ottawa won't make the playoff

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gusfring

Bad loss to a bad team - by a bad team. Bottom line.

We actually need a 4th line. Spacek is brutal.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:11 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
feelin' a little over dramatic aren't we? If a game ever makes me lose faith in a goalie it won't be a game like this. And you can go through every franchise goalie and find they've given up goals like those that were scored tonight.
I've seen lots of franchise goalies like Plante, the Gumper, Vachon, Dryden, and Roy. Price is nothing but a huge disappointment. You know, potential means nothing if you if it doesn't convert into actuality.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:11 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysInTheAttic View Post
Carey Price is not a franchise goalie. Not going to happen. Great goalies make great saves. He blows easy saves like the first goal. If he has any kind of value, and I find that very hard to believe, he should be traded before Halak. For the record, I now give up on this guy completely. Epic fail.

your hockey accumen is showing

Old
01-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
What happened to D'Ago****ty and Pacioretty...
D'Agostini plays with no confidence and has hit the wall and CLEARLY in his case, a change of scenery is needed or a career in the AHL. Pacioretty was and is simply not ready. But lack of depth suggest that as much as they have some problems, they are the best scenarios we have. Unfortunately.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:12 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
Wishful thinking?

I basically said that most of the team played poorly. Yes, it was a team loss.

That doesn't mean that Price didn't play a role in that lost.

The Phillips goal was deflected, but I don't recall the Alfie goal being deflected.

You could tell from the body language of the Habs skaters that they felt Price should have had that 2nd goal. That he should have stopped it.

The shot totals in this game weren't absurdly against us (like they are in many games).

Some people are blowing out of proportion how much the Sens dominated this game. The Habs were the better team in the 1st period, and were the better team until Price let in the Alfie goal. That goal was a huge turning point. It was very emotionally deflating for the rest of the team.

The team probably should have had better mental toughness, but this is what tends to happen when teams lose faith in the goalie. It effects their entire game.
What about a goaly loseing faith in the players up front......trade Price....just do it, put him out of his misery.....I want to see how he does in another uniform.....go with Halak....get a backup

This should stop, it actually has to stop!!

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
a general response to all regular posters, when our team is allowed to play an offensive game we are good to great. When we play the passive game we are easy to play against. Really when we look at the goalies we can see clearly that we have two very good goalies, it is the type of game we play that we need to address.

1. We have speed and puck control is available to us.
2. Our defense is not as fast or tough as we need them to be
3. Our Goalies can steal a game here and there but we don't know against who or when
4. Playing your third or fourth line in the last few minutes of a close game is why Guy Carbonneau is not the coach any more.
5. The 1 -2 -2 is garbage when our team is as fast or faster thatn most teams in the league
Wow....were you reading my mind?

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Carey Price is not a franchise goalie. Not going to happen. Great goalies make great saves. He blows easy saves like the first goal. If he has any kind of value, and I find that very hard to believe, he should be traded before Halak. For the record, I now give up on this guy completely. Epic fail.

How many goalies in the league has been qualified as "franchise goalie" at 22 yr old in history?

And btw, name me 10 franchise goalies in the league right now.

And then, name me how many of them has been great, almost perfect, like you say Carey should be, at 22.

Is Carey's career over or what? He is not good enough? His career is going downfall? He cannot get any better than that? He is not as consistent as Brodeur, Luongo, Miller, Lundqvist yet.. he must be a bust.. He is 22 yr old already. All the previous goalie has won cup, and been dominant every games, playing well consistenly at the beginning of their career. Look a M-A Fleury and his career start.. Bust written all over him.. oh wait..

I can believe a poster over 5000 posts like you cant understand that.

Last edited by Stradale: 01-16-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
couris

Spacek is brutal.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Schooner Guy

Overreactions all over the place, as per usual after a loss.

Our goaltending is the only reason we're still in the playoff race. If not for both Halak and Price, we're down with the Leafs. Both have stole numerous games this year. Halak has received more overall offensive support than Price this year but the goaltending is not a problem for this team. We're rich in nets with these two young goalies.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Rocket

Price didn`t look that great last game either

The Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Ottawa won't make the playoff
Don't be to sure, buddy. We beat you guys without our number one center, Spezza and without Michalek.
--
The reason you guys lost was because your power play decided it would be a nice game to take the night off.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:15 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
I've seen lots of franchise goalies like Plante, the Gumper, Vachon, Dryden, and Roy. Price is nothing but a huge disappointment. You know, potential means nothing if you if it doesn't convert into actuality.
Weird, other than Roy those Goalies played on some pretty good clubs. Roy and Price have very similar numbers up to the end of their second seasons not including Playoffs.

Old
01-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
D'Agostini plays with no confidence and has hit the wall and CLEARLY in his case, a change of scenery is needed or a career in the AHL. Pacioretty was and is simply not ready. But lack of depth suggest that as much as they have some problems, they are the best scenarios we have. Unfortunately.
still don't understand why Sergei start the season in the AHL instead of Pacs

Old
01-16-2010, 10:16 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Hab fans are the absolute worst for giving up on young players in all of professional sports...

Since you can see the future and are so sure that Price will never be a franchise goalie I will also pull out my crystal ball... I guarantee you if you trade Price right now you will be very sorry in 2-3 years watching him play on another team...

There really is no end to this Halak/Price thing is there... Problem is it still won't end even after one of them is gone...Hab fans will still be arguing that we should have kept this guy and traded the other and vice versa...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilencerX View Post
Don't be to sure, buddy. We beat you guys without our number one center, Spezza and without Michalek.
--
The reason you guys lost was because your power play decided it would be a nice game to take the night off.
good luck with your goaltending

Old
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
Wishful thinking?

I basically said that most of the team played poorly. Yes, it was a team loss.

That doesn't mean that Price didn't play a role in that lost.

The Phillips goal was deflected, but I don't recall the Alfie goal being deflected.

You could tell from the body language of the Habs skaters that they felt Price should have had that 2nd goal. That he should have stopped it.

The shot totals in this game weren't absurdly against us (like they are in many games).

Some people are blowing out of proportion how much the Sens dominated this game. The Habs were the better team in the 1st period, and were the better team until Price let in the Alfie goal. That goal was a huge turning point. It was very emotionally deflating for the rest of the team.

The team probably should have had better mental toughness, but this is what tends to happen when teams lose faith in the goalie. It effects their entire game.
So tell me, what kind of goal isn't deflating for a team? Because people throw that as an argument all the time. If the opposition scores and gets the lead, no matter what kind of goal they scored, being ahead will motivate them. Logically, being behind would wake the other team, but we see that it's not really the case with our Habs.
Hearing that ''they don't have confidence in X goalie'' is so tiring. People should stop overrating this team. Price did not lose us the game. We didn't play like a winning team would, we had 6 PP and didn't score, committed many turnovers.

But it's easier to be Captain Obvious and say ''the Habs scored 2 goals. That means the goalie should have only allowed 1. He suckz!''

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:17 PM
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
Price didn`t look that great last game either
From a team perspective, your goalie should never have to be great to win games but just good and both our goalies are good all the time.

Old
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Price is a good goalie and he will be a great one but he's young and have way to much pressure on him, we need to keep Halak around because he's not ready to be the number1 goalie in this city at all. You can see that the fans can get under his skin and this is not a good sign at all.

Gainey play his job this year and I hope he know what the **** he's doing
There is nothing at all in the way Price plays that suggests that he will be a good goalie let alone great.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
good luck with your goaltending
Thanks. Brodeur seemed to do a good job.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habfan1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
So tell me, what kind of goal isn't deflating for a team? Because people throw that as an argument all the time. If the opposition scores and gets the lead, no matter what kind of goal they scored, being ahead will motivate them. Logically, being behind would wake the other team, but we see that it's not really the case with our Habs.
Hearing that ''they don't have confidence in X goalie'' is so tiring. People should stop overrating this team. Price did not lose us the game. We didn't play like a winning team would, we had 6 PP and didn't score, committed many turnovers.

But it's easier to be Captain Obvious and say ''the Habs scored 2 goals. That means the goalie should have only allowed 1. He suckz!''
A further point on the same note, which save is not a KEY save?

Old
01-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Price is also 22 years old. Of those five you mentioned, only Vachon and Roy were playing in the NHL at 22, and only Roy was starting regularly.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote