HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/15/10 Do you care where the Oilers AHL team is?

View Poll Results: Do you care where the Oilers AHL team is?
yes 24 48.00%
no 23 46.00%
i don't know 0 0%
Other, please explain 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
But you have 3 rookies in the top 2 lines and that is a 30-place team.
Adam Larsson is a bad thing because...?

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 11:04 AM
mactforcoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
No worries, I figured that since this was a stats piece more people than usual might enjoy it so I posted it on here. My blog link is http://bryanbryoil.blogspot.com/ I don't update as often as I use to but I think there's a subscribe feature or something where you can get emails if there's a new post there, or just keep coming to BB's great thread and she usually posts the link to my new posts.
I actually read the info on your blog this morn Bryan, before seeing it on here. Thanks for all the stats. I didn't think Seguin was that good. I'm a little concerned that he didn't make the jr team, but he looks like the real deal. Hopefully we get one or the other.

mactforcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Harley

I care that they are in the basement. Every year. I mean seriously. Can't this organization find people competent enough to build a winner anywhere. At all.

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactforcoach View Post
I actually read the info on your blog this morn Bryan, before seeing it on here. Thanks for all the stats. I didn't think Seguin was that good. I'm a little concerned that he didn't make the jr team, but he looks like the real deal. Hopefully we get one or the other.
I'm glad that you enjoyed it, if we do land the top pick and the top 3 are supposedly really close it will be a REALLY tough task for the scouting staff.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 02:52 PM
mactforcoach

Quote:
I'm glad that you enjoyed it, if we do land the top pick and the top 3 are supposedly really close it will be a REALLY tough task for the scouting staff.
No doubt about that, but I can think of worse problems to be faced with. If I had to pick today, I think I'd go with Seguin, based on the stats you provided.

Old
01-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
No doubt about that, but I can think of worse problems to be faced with. If I had to pick today, I think I'd go with Seguin, based on the stats you provided.
I'm really looking forward to watching a few of their games to make an opinion based on more than stats. I believe they play against eachother on Tuesday, I'll probably watch the replay on a later date as it is cheaper than paying for the live feed. It's a "scouting" viewing not as a fan, so the score or watching it live really doesn't mean much to me.

Old
01-16-2010, 03:05 PM
mactforcoach

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to watching a few of their games to make an opinion based on more than stats. I believe they play against eachother on Tuesday, I'll probably watch the replay on a later date as it is cheaper than paying for the live feed. It's a "scouting" viewing not as a fan, so the score or watching it live really doesn't mean much to me.
I look forward to your assessment, when it comes to the Jrs I respect your opinion. Not many people put in the time to watch them

Old
01-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
It will be a nice problem to have. I'm not too worried since any of them will likely turn out very well, and the Oilers scouting performance in the last few years hasn't been anything much different than what can be expected with playing the lottery that is the draft.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
I look forward to your assessment, when it comes to the Jrs I respect your opinion. Not many people put in the time to watch them
Thanks, I usually watch more AHL and NCAA than CHL, but with the Oilers in their current position it is worth it to me to watch the potential top 3 picks play in a couple of games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
It will be a nice problem to have. I'm not too worried since any of them will likely turn out very well, and the Oilers scouting performance in the last few years hasn't been anything much different than what can be expected with playing the lottery that is the draft.
When you get to play the lottery and get to choose from all of the best instead of getting the leftovers, it makes a world of difference. I really hope that we finished dead last so that at worst we fall to 2nd and land whichever player is left over.