HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petr Prucha

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2010, 01:04 AM
  #126
NHLhockey1234
 
NHLhockey1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
prucha will be out of the NHL and out playing in europe in 2 years. His rapid drop in point production will not be cherished at all by any team.

Nigel Dawes has more points than prucha.

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:18 PM
  #127
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,731
vCash: 500
2 more tonight for Pru

check out the highlights, both real nice goals

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...20092010,2,717

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:20 PM
  #128
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
nice seeing him produce, I would hope he is considering he's getting top line minutes and PP time.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:33 PM
  #129
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
nice seeing him produce, I would hope he is considering he's getting top line minutes and PP time.
He averages 14:14 a game and plays on the second power play unit.

And he's now got more goals than anyone on the Rangers not named Marian Gaborik.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:37 PM
  #130
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
He averages 14:14 a game and plays on the second power play unit.

And he's now got more goals than anyone on the Rangers not named Marian Gaborik.
Good to see that Prucha's getting an opportunity to play, and making the most of it.

14:14 min per game is more than he ever averaged with the Rangers. I can't even remember the last time Prucha was on the PP for the Rangers... probably early in the 2007-08 season.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:37 PM
  #131
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
He averages 14:14 a game and plays on the second power play unit.

And he's now got more goals than anyone on the Rangers not named Marian Gaborik.
If he was on the Rangers, something tells me he wouldn't have as many goals.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 11:51 PM
  #132
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Good to see that Prucha's getting an opportunity to play, and making the most of it.

14:14 min per game is more than he ever averaged with the Rangers. I can't even remember the last time Prucha was on the PP for the Rangers... probably early in the 2007-08 season.
Try early 06-07. Two games without a power play goal and Tommy boy had him off the PP so fast it made his head spin. Never got why Renney wouldn't give PP any PP time after he was so successful in his rookie year.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 12:05 AM
  #133
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
He averages 14:14 a game and plays on the second power play unit.

And he's now got more goals than anyone on the Rangers not named Marian Gaborik.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 12:06 AM
  #134
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Try early 06-07. Two games without a power play goal and Tommy boy had him off the PP so fast it made his head spin. Never got why Renney wouldn't give PP any PP time after he was so successful in his rookie year.
Brendan Shanahan...and I understand his rationale, Shanny had a world class shot, and was superb on the PP.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 12:28 AM
  #135
SomebodySaveKreider
Registered User
 
SomebodySaveKreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,519
vCash: 500
Not for nothing, but the last guy I'm begging for is Petr Prucha.

Brad Richards? Alexei Ponikarovsky? Anton Volchenkov? Yes.

Petr Prucha? No

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 12:39 AM
  #136
Kerri
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post
Not for nothing, but the last guy I'm begging for is Petr Prucha.
I'm begging for anyone who can put a goal in net and acts like he gives a crap.

So, yup. I'm begging for Petr Prucha.

Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 12:49 AM
  #137
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
I'm begging for anyone who can put a goal in net and acts like he gives a crap.

So, yup. I'm begging for Petr Prucha.
Just because he has been mildly successful there doesn't mean he would have been here. Our team blows. He would have blown with them

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 12:57 AM
  #138
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Try early 06-07. Two games without a power play goal and Tommy boy had him off the PP so fast it made his head spin. Never got why Renney wouldn't give PP any PP time after he was so successful in his rookie year.
Two words: Brendan Shanahan.

Shanahan was handed Prucha's PP minutes.

EDIT: Didn't see Inferno mentioned this already above.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 01:39 AM
  #139
007
Olympic nut
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mannahatta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 3,475
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
i love prucha, but he'd sink on this Rangers team without a trace. I actually think the best place for him is getting first line minutes in the Czech Extraliga. He's too good to play low minutes in the nhl.
Posted via Mobile Device

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 01:48 PM
  #140
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
He averages 14:14 a game and plays on the second power play unit.

And he's now got more goals than anyone on the Rangers not named Marian Gaborik.
How dare you mention a "marginal" player that was traded away for nothing at all. He's "marginal" and shouldn't be mentioned ever.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
  #141
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Who cares how many goals he has in comparison with this excuse of an offense we have (which will, in all likelihood, finish dead last in GF or in the bottom 5). He's still only on pace for 18 goals and 27 points. Put him into this line up and take on of our players out and the difference is absolutely negligible.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 02:06 PM
  #142
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
How dare you mention a "marginal" player that was traded away for nothing at all. He's "marginal" and shouldn't be mentioned ever.
Are you really going to suggest he's not marginal? If anyone proposed we trade for a player with the same skillset as prucha and the same stats but someone that fans weren't so in love with or familiar with, the thread would be a joke and probably be locked by days end.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 02:24 PM
  #143
SaveByRitcher35
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Did anyone propose to trade for him?

Nope.

Point just is that Prucha's not as worthless as his 6-goal healthy-scratched last season. In fact, some would argue Prucha makes a terrific third liner; good energy guy who works the boards hard and is willing to go through heavy traffic to make a play, along with the ability to add some secondary scoring.

Some of us still root for him, and no one is making you click on this thread to read how Prucha scores more often than any Ranger besides Gaborik.

SaveByRitcher35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 02:30 PM
  #144
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveByRitcher35 View Post
Did anyone propose to trade for him?

Nope.

Point just is that Prucha's not as worthless as his 6-goal healthy-scratched last season. In fact, some would argue Prucha makes a terrific third liner; good energy guy who works the boards hard and is willing to go through heavy traffic to make a play, along with the ability to add some secondary scoring.

Some of us still root for him, and no one is making you click on this thread to read how Prucha scores more often than any Ranger besides Gaborik.
Yup, I think many Rangers' fans are happy he's having some sort of success after his last 2 seasons here. I don't see anything wrong with that.

And I think many people realize that the Phoenix trade was a good thing for him. He's getting more of an opportunity to play there than he ever did here. I, for one, am not advocating to bring him back to the Rangers whatsoever.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 02:35 PM
  #145
CanyonofBlueshirts
Registered User
 
CanyonofBlueshirts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Chris Higgins 5 goals
Ales Kotalik 8 goals

Petr Prucha 11 goals

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 02:56 PM
  #146
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
I'll always root for Prucha. Yeah, I wish he were still a Ranger and all that but I'm not expecting to ever see him score 30+ again. Then again, if he played for the Hawks, Wings, or Ducks he probably could.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 03:10 PM
  #147
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM3RR27 View Post
Chris Higgins 5 goals
Ales Kotalik 8 goals

Petr Prucha 11 goals
Not really surprising.

Mike Rupp has 11 Goals and 4 assists should we try snag him up too?

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 03:33 PM
  #148
czechmate25
Registered User
 
czechmate25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
Not really surprising.

Mike Rupp has 11 Goals and 4 assists should we try snag him up too?

Was Rupp a NYR fan favorite who busted his ass every game while wearing the blueshirt who got traded for a playoff rental who is no longer here?


It's so nice seeing Prucha getting it done.....good for Pruchs!

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 03:46 PM
  #149
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
Was Rupp a NYR fan favorite who busted his ass every game while wearing the blueshirt who got traded for a playoff rental who is no longer here?


It's so nice seeing Prucha getting it done.....good for Pruchs!
You're making his point for him. Commentary on Prucha's success or potential usefulness to this team have more to do with the fact that the kid was a fan favorite than it does to do with the actual level of success he's having, which is quite modest.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 03:53 PM
  #150
czechmate25
Registered User
 
czechmate25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
You're making his point for him. Commentary on Prucha's success or potential usefulness to this team have more to do with the fact that the kid was a fan favorite than it does to do with the actual level of success he's having, which is quite modest.

I didn't see it that way....I thought the defense was "why not try to sign any player who has 11 goals right now". In any regard, Prucha is playing pretty solid for getting 3rd line minutes and many Phoenix fans feel the same way about Prucha as we did about him while he was here. Moreover, I think many NYR fans would welcome some "modest" production right now from a player who doesn't take games off and gives it his all every shift....which is more than can be said of the joke we have assembled here now.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.