HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues (20-19-7) vs Rangers (22-18-7) Sat Jan 16 7 PM

Old
01-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Berglund's transformation has been very visible, and to be fair he'd started to show signs of life prior to Murray's firing. It made me start wondering if even Kariya was having a similar issue....the whole team was thinking too hard and having a confidence crisis.
I originally didn't buy into the whole "Andy Murray is holding Berglund down" theory, but he's looked like a whole new player since Murray left town. You can just see the confidence and the renewed sense of purpose in his play. For a while there, I was starting to doubt his ability to become a #1 center (a little premature, I know).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
One benefit the team has (IMO) is the poor start the team has had has affected individual players efforts to make their Olympic teams. Where-as teams with multiple Olympic players who are ahead of us, most notably Chicago, San Jose, Vancouver, Calgary and Detroit will be sending significant pieces to the tournament while most of our players will be resting.
I almost wish EJ hadn't made Team USA. He could use a week or two away from the game more than anybody else on the team right now.

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 03:37 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
You don't see many Polak jerseys, but man he's become a solid player for the Blues. Brings the intensity every night. Is strong as an ox...and playing with more nastiness this year.

That pairing with Jackman is fun to watch. They are constantly punishing the opposing forwards, and must be hell to play against. If Polak can continue developing a little offense to his game without losing any of the defensive edge, its just gravy. Very glad to see him get recognized with Player of the Game last night.

He deserves his spot on the Czech olympic team.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote