HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2010, 04:06 PM
  #1
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,211
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors III

Keep ****ing that chicken


__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 04:30 PM
  #2
JMFJ 3
Registered User
 
JMFJ 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: French Polynesia
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
According to my sources, Kovalchuk to Buffalo for Clarke MacArthur and a 3rd in 2011, e4.

JMFJ 3 is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 04:37 PM
  #3
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
According to my sources, Kovalchuk to Buffalo for Clarke MacArthur and a 3rd in 2011, e4.
That trade is missing a Vanek

DapperDan is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 04:57 PM
  #4
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 11,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
That trade is missing a Vanek
And a few more players/picks

kingsfan28 is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:01 PM
  #5
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Wow, with all these Kovy to the kings rumors, you would think there has to be some discussions between the two teams, would you not?

As for the Brown, Johnson, plus for Kovy trade...I believe the value is there. I guess it really depends on who's included in the plus part of the deal. Personally, I would like to hold on to Johnson if at all possible. Trading Brown makes sense as we'd be trading captain for captain.


Kings17, in regards to Harrold, I'm just stating that he can be a reliable dman on our team. He'll never be more than a 3rd pairing for us but the guy's pretty smart player and he knows how to play hockey.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
  #6
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
According to my sources, Kovalchuk to Buffalo for Clarke MacArthur and a 3rd in 2011, e4.
And they are asking L.A. for Brown, JJ, and a 1st in exchange for Kovy?

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:07 PM
  #7
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
And they are asking L.A. for Brown, JJ, and a 1st in exchange for Kovy?
Well, I think the difference is that Kovy's willing to sign an extension with the kings (thus his value is higher) whereas with buffalo, he probably won't and therefore, Kovy will all likely walk away from the sabres at the end of the season.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:13 PM
  #8
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
And they are asking L.A. for Brown, JJ, and a 1st in exchange for Kovy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Well, I think the difference is that Kovy's willing to sign an extension with the kings (thus his value is higher) whereas with buffalo, he probably won't and therefore, Kovy will all likely walk away from the sabres at the end of the season.
Yikes.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
  #9
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Yikes.
Care to elaborate?

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:21 PM
  #10
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Care to elaborate?
Call me crazy, but JMFJ 3 was making fun of Eklund with that one.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
  #11
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 42,705
vCash: 500
I really think it's gonna be a quiet deadline for the Kings.

kingsholygrail is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:30 PM
  #12
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Call me crazy, but JMFJ 3 was making fun of Eklund with that one.
I don't get it. Not quite sure why I should care if one of the posters here made fun of eklund.

If you're referring to the Brown, JJ, plus trade, I got that from the link Telos provided.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:43 PM
  #13
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I don't get it. Not quite sure why I should care if one of the posters here made fun of eklund.

If you're referring to the Brown, JJ, plus trade, I got that from the link Telos provided.
And the person on the link most likely got it from here.

JDM is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:47 PM
  #14
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
And the person on the link most likely got it from here.
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. Anyone can start a blog and post on twitter accounts, blah blah blah, I get it.

All I'm saying is that the trade from a value stance makes sense.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:48 PM
  #15
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Value-wise it does. It would be a tough pill for me to swallow. I'm ok losing one of Brown or Johnson, but both hurts and I'd rather give up an extra top prospect like Hickey and maybe another mid pick to make up for not having both NHL players.

JDM is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 08:58 PM
  #16
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Well, I would definitely trade Brown before trading Johnson but other than that, we're pretty much in agreement.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 09:13 PM
  #17
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 500
I may be alone in this but I don't want Kovalchuk if it's gonna cost us Brown, Johnson and co....If you listen to Toronto Radio, Bill Waters always talks about how one dimensional Kovy is...he can barely play a lick on defense and he has been in the playoffs once...Darren Dreger said he asked his agent about the 10 million a year rumor and his agent dodged the question. I don't want this dude.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 09:55 PM
  #18
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
At some point a lack of defense becomes acceptable when it is just one player and that one player has an ENORMOUS amount of offense to make up for it. You don't want a team built of those players, but having one makes sense. He doesn't have to play the PK or anything.

JDM is offline  
Old
01-17-2010, 10:30 PM
  #19
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kovalchuk's value right now isn't as high as people think. Waddell is probably going to bet his job that Kovalchuk will re-sign in the off season.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 04:34 AM
  #20
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Kovalchuk's value right now isn't as high as people think. Waddell is probably going to bet his job that Kovalchuk will re-sign in the off season.
Which is why his selling price is high. Waddell would like to do that, but has proven to be less than intelligent before and I think would pull the trigger if the barn buster deal came through. I think Brown and Johnson + comes close to that deal... even though it is an overly steep price. The only way he gets traded I think is if he gets impatient and panicked and sees an offer he thinks he can really market to the fans. Brown, Johnson and any first round pick (there's more than 15 good players in the draft) is adding quite a bit of bang, buck and entertainment value to any franchise.

JDM is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 05:55 AM
  #21
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I may be alone in this but I don't want Kovalchuk if it's gonna cost us Brown, Johnson and co....If you listen to Toronto Radio, Bill Waters always talks about how one dimensional Kovy is...he can barely play a lick on defense and he has been in the playoffs once...Darren Dreger said he asked his agent about the 10 million a year rumor and his agent dodged the question. I don't want this dude.
Aren't you the guy that is constantly advocating Ivanans, he brings no defense as well as killing any and all offense too.

I'm not trying to diminish Kovi's perceived lack of defensive awareness, but I think it tends to get over exaggerated by some people. That being said, Kovi asking for 10 mil is when i walk away from the table, as I've said before only 3 players in the league are worth more than 8-8.5 a year.

KingLB is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
  #22
santiclaws
Registered User
 
santiclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I really think it's gonna be a quiet deadline for the Kings.
I very much doubt it. I don't think they'll make a huge splash, but they do need a winger and I think they'll pick up a vet.

santiclaws is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 12:05 PM
  #23
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I really think it's gonna be a quiet deadline for the Kings.

what would you consider quiet? an unsexy depth move?

teams making the most "noise" at the deadline rarely fare too well... that goes in both directions.

wabwat is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 12:32 PM
  #24
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
At some point a lack of defense becomes acceptable when it is just one player and that one player has an ENORMOUS amount of offense to make up for it. You don't want a team built of those players, but having one makes sense. He doesn't have to play the PK or anything.
Yeah but if what he posted is true (Kovalchuk wanting $10m a year), I think CAP space is better spent elsewhere. That doesn't even factor in what assets would have to be moved to get him. What is good for the goose is good for the gander and people often make this comment about Kings players; what has he won?

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
01-18-2010, 12:53 PM
  #25
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Aren't you the guy that is constantly advocating Ivanans, he brings no defense as well as killing any and all offense too.

I'm not trying to diminish Kovi's perceived lack of defensive awareness, but I think it tends to get over exaggerated by some people. That being said, Kovi asking for 10 mil is when i walk away from the table, as I've said before only 3 players in the league are worth more than 8-8.5 a year.
Ivanans is an enforcer...what does that have to do with Kovy...? His role is the forecheck and fight...I don't know what kind of stupid point you are making dude.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.