HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

GDT: #47: Flyers @ Capitals - January 17, 2010 - 3:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2010, 12:05 PM
  #601
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Eh, in fairness, Carle and Coburn were far more aggravating yesterday. Coburn flubbed every good chance on his stick, and Carle kept making really dangerous passes from good shooting locations.
Not scoring does not mean you playing like crap.. Coburn was not bad.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 12:12 PM
  #602
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,176
vCash: 300
At least Carle and Coburn can be good. OKT is just awful.

PhilaFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 12:17 PM
  #603
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,698
vCash: 500
Haven't watched the game and I'm really lacking time to read through the whole thread.
Can someone summarize the game for me, pls?
I watched the highlights, Emery hasn't looked too good in the goals and it's a shame we don't use Richards' point shot more, these are my only impressions.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
  #604
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
You obviously aint got the brains to understand what went on. Well let me explain..

The Caps went after him all night because they know he got a short fuse, hoping he would retaliate and receive a penalty. But Laviolette handcuffed him, no fighting...we want to stay disciplined.

And I can't believe he took all those hits and didn't explode, he definitely respects the boss. But I don't like it, he can't play his physical game. Hopefully those cuffs are removed in the next game.
Stop. Just stop. Your worship this guy, but if you take the glasses off, you would realize how badly he blows.

He had multiple occasions to take the body and did not do so. And he got beat in the corners numerous times. He is not a physical d-man, as Coburn had more fricken hits then him.

He was not a target by there fighters. It is just that he is only out there agianst the 4th line because every other line would straight embarass him. The Capitals gameplan certainly was not to hit OKT, because he is a very valuable player for them, as he gives them plenty of scoring oppritunities.

He would be a good d-man....in the KHL or AHL. He does not belong in an NHL lineup.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 12:26 PM
  #605
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
He is not a physical d-man


That statement told me to put the rest of your post in my trash.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 12:39 PM
  #606
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post


That statement told me to put the rest of your post in my trash.
Sorry I watch the games. Physical d-men don't look like tackling dumbies.


Your reasoning is you have no response to the rest of the post.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 12:43 PM
  #607
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Not scoring does not mean you playing like crap.. Coburn was not bad.
No, but flubbing glorious chances is pretty bad. He had multiple good scoring chances that he blundered...and not like hit shin pad blunder, but fumbled the puck, had it go off his heel, etc.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 12:52 PM
  #608
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Really? Yes they were, he was a target during the entire game by their fighters. Rosehill and Orr did the same thing in Toronto. This crap will not stop if he's not allowed to defend himself. And avoiding hits isnt that easy when you have to protect the puck.
You really gotta stop with your ********. What reason would they go after OKT? I bet they didnt even know who he was. You make it sound more and more that you dont know one thing about hockey...

I tried to be civilized and have a debate, but you ignore posts that goes against your argument. So for that you show, yet again, you just spit ******** all the time. I give it one more game till OKT gets hurt and your not on here for a month again.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 01:06 PM
  #609
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You really gotta stop with your ********. What reason would they go after OKT? I bet they didnt even know who he was. You make it sound more and more that you dont know one thing about hockey...

I tried to be civilized and have a debate, but you ignore posts that goes against your argument. So for that you show, yet again, you just spit ******** all the time. I give it one more game till OKT gets hurt and your not on here for a month again.
Calm down, I only told what I believe is going on, nothing wrong with that. And I haven't noticed any posts from you in this discussion, you will have to excuse me if I happened to ignore them, that was not intentional.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 01:18 PM
  #610
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,450
vCash: 500
Jaroslav Slowdry>> OKT, and sadly 2009/2010 Coburn

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 01:20 PM
  #611
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Jaroslav Slowdry>> OKT, and sadly 2009/2010 Coburn
Lets not get crazy here.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 01:20 PM
  #612
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I heard the coach was pleased with his performance last night, it's just a matter of time before he sends Coburn back to Bartulis.
Well, yeah, I'm sure Boudreau was ecstatic...

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 01:29 PM
  #613
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Lets not get crazy here.
who's crazy, I'm serious, and I didn't like Modry

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 02:43 PM
  #614
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No, but flubbing glorious chances is pretty bad. He had multiple good scoring chances that he blundered...and not like hit shin pad blunder, but fumbled the puck, had it go off his heel, etc.
Yeah.. well, lets trade that ******* for 2nd round pick. We have so many "good defensemen" coming down the pipe. Coburn did not look out of place lately. Not as bad as before.

I am sure someone will start a fight with me about Bart, Syvret and Parent.. Saying something like: they played well for the last 10 games or some other crap.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 03:06 PM
  #615
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Yeah.. well, lets trade that ******* for 2nd round pick. We have so many "good defensemen" coming down the pipe. Coburn did not look out of place lately. Not as bad as before.

I am sure someone will start a fight with me about Bart, Syvret and Parent.. Saying something like: they played well for the last 10 games or some other crap.
I'm not on the get rid of Coburn bandwagon, but I am going to call a spade a spade. Coburn neutered a few golden chances in a game where we needed goals. Carle did the same.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 03:23 PM
  #616
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm not on the get rid of Coburn bandwagon, but I am going to call a spade a spade.
Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Coburn neutered a few golden chances in a game where we needed goals. Carle did the same.
That he did and so did other players.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 03:30 PM
  #617
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
That he did and so did other players.
And more than happy to call 'em out too...not all of them have been having the atrocious season Coburn has been having, however.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
  #618
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
And more than happy to call 'em out too...not all of them have been having the atrocious season Coburn has been having, however.
No one can do anything for now. Flyers are having that type of season. It will come down to the end I guess. A lot of players having very average or below average season this year.

No argument from me really. Coburn has been average but lately he hasn't been bad.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 03:37 PM
  #619
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black
 
F L Y E R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,448
vCash: 500
The one thing that I like about OKT is that he's physical. When the one Caps player got close to Emery after the whistle, he just grabbed him by the jersey and threw him away. Plus, he was out there throwing big hits. I'll admit though, Bradley was hitting him left and right. I don't know what that was about. I just wish our defensemen were more physical.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 03:38 PM
  #620
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by F L Y E R S View Post
The one thing that I like about OKT is that he's physical. When the one Caps player got close to Emery after the whistle, he just grabbed him by the jersey and threw him away. Plus, he was out there throwing big hits. I'll admit though, Bradley was hitting him left and right. I don't know what that was about. I just wish our defensemen were more physical.
...it's Bradley's game and OKT was out there against him a lot.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 04:21 PM
  #621
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
You obviously aint got the brains to understand what went on. Well let me explain..

The Caps went after him all night because they know he got a short fuse, hoping he would retaliate and receive a penalty. But Laviolette handcuffed him, no fighting...we want to stay disciplined.

And I can't believe he took all those hits and didn't explode, he definitely respects the boss. But I don't like it, he can't play his physical game. Hopefully those cuffs are removed in the next game.
if OKT would stop admiring his passes the last 2 games those hits wouldnt even have happened or not made to be as bad as they appeared. That is all on him, regardless if it was a late hit.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:17 AM
  #622
ToTheNet
Registered User
 
ToTheNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
To continue our SB conversation, you can listen to her voice on Broad Street Hockey during an interview she did.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...rah-baicker-of

Starts at about 28 minutes in. Talks about this game and the Richards' situation.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.