HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov

Old
01-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Hes been exactly what can be expected of a 21 year old rookie. I think hes going to be pretty good when he fills out in a couple years.

My one minor complaint? The kids gotta keep his head up.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:15 AM
xander

He made a bunch of nice moves last night. Eventually he will start to cash in a few of those scoring chances that he's been generating.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:15 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Can't wait until he fills out a bit more and gets stronger.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:28 AM
NikC

AA was very noticeable on the ice yesterday. Almost scored 2x.

Hit a post a believe. Looks pretty good.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:38 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

They should make him finish whatever is left on Lisin's plate at team dinners.... Needs some bulk

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:38 AM
McRanger

He is too tentative with the puck, something that will change with experience.

Sometimes he seems to have Petr Nedved syndrome, being too much of a hurry to shoot the puck, which only serves to punish the oppositions shin guards.

McRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

If AA gets 18-19 minutes next year, he will net 55-60 points while playing a solid two-way game. If you look at his stats, he has about that pace per minute, but he may not be ready to handle 18 minutes.

Next year he should be ready for full second line duty if he gets the channce.

I would really prefer to shift Drury to the third line. Maybe playing 12 minutes a game will get him to agree to be traded to a contender. A year from now he will have only 1.5 years left on his contract and someone would want him.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 03:26 PM
TheDave1022

I think AA can def be second line center next year. Even with drury moved to third line, he still gets ice time because he is on for defensive zone faceoffs and the penalty kill.

AA has hit a few posts, so he could easily be over 10 goals if he had a little more luck. He makes some really nice moves around defenders at time. He just needs to bulk up a bit as others have said.

TheDave1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 03:54 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
He has great hands, a good shot. I think he's less of a playmaker than he was expected to be, but he's well on track to being a good top 6 player for us next season. Depending on how Grachev looks outta camp, I think those two should play well together. Avery also seems to play well with him, and I don't think it'd be the end of the world if Avery was on that line either.

I think he's going to be exactly what Nik Antropov was supposed to be when he was at this stage of his career. There are a ton of similarities to their game, except Anisimov has the ability to just deke people out of their shoes.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
He has great hands, a good shot. I think he's less of a playmaker than he was expected to be, but he's well on track to being a good top 6 player for us next season.

In my opinion, I think he has the ability to be a 30-30 guy. He knows how to undress defenseman and drive to the net.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Anisimov has been excellent recently even though it didn't show up on the score sheet every time. He's making a very good effort, smart plays and at times flashes skill. The points will come soon if he keeps it up.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Scooter17

Where has this guy gone? Zero points in the last 14 games, while playing 13-14 minutes per game. I'm not as high on the kid as a lot of other people are. I expected more from him. I don't see the fire in him that you see with other young guys like Cally and Dubinsky. To me he is a big waste of talent and size and I don't see him turning into a consistent top 6 player.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter17 View Post
Where has this guy gone? Zero points in the last 14 games, while playing 13-14 minutes per game. I'm not as high on the kid as a lot of other people are. I expected more from him. I don't see the fire in him that you see with other young guys like Cally and Dubinsky. To me he is a big waste of talent and size and I don't see him turning into a consistent top 6 player.
He's a rookie. And still has some holes in his game. In my eyes, he is going to be a good third line two-way center, with 15-20 goals and 40-45 points a season, like late Sergei Federov.

Bit it remains to be seen. He certainly doesnt have the speed to be the first line center some said he could be.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter17 View Post
I hate comments like this. If you actually watched the games, youd see hes doing everything but putting the puck in the net...hes a kid, in his rookie season, playing on the 3rd line, and getting next to zero power play minutes (as he should, hes young, and we have better options). Torts doesnt play a guy that many minutes if he thinks he is playing poorly.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
bumrusherer

He's a project but even though that is the case, you still see flashes of what he could be a couple years from now.

His puck handling and skating to go with that size is mouth watering, IMO.
In the AHL, he has a medicore 1st term but then exploded the 2nd time around. I dont expect him to exlode next year but he'll be much more of an impact player in terms of point production.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 06:15 PM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
He's a project but even though that is the case, you still see flashes of what he could be a couple years from now.

His puck handling and skating to go with that size is mouth watering, IMO.
In the AHL, he has a medicore 1st term but then exploded the 2nd time around. I dont expect him to exlode next year but he'll be much more of an impact player in terms of point production.
He really does have mouth watering skills. No doubt a top six player when he rounds out. I do question his finishing skills but not everyone is perfect eh?

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
17futurecap

Love watching this guy on the ice, he is huge out on the ice, and has good speed for a big man. I look forward to continue to watch him make his game better this season, and for years to come.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:00 PM
clmetsfan

Everyone who says that he's been inconsistent is half-right. He's definitely inconsistent offensively, but what really convinces me that AA is gonna be a keeper is his defense. He's extremely reliable in his own zone for a 21-year old, which speaks favorably of his hockey IQ.

Once he learns to trust his abilities and get more aggressive offensively, the kid is going to be a very reliable two-way center.

clmetsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 06:00 AM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

i'd be amazed if AA doesn't turn into a 60+ pt player. his talent is right where it should be for his stage of development, and so is his hockey sense. on top of that he does a fair amount of hustle for a guy that doesn't really get a chance to get "into the game" like he will when he starts getting 16-18 minutes per game (which is also why i believe some people here think he's "invisibile" at times on the ice).

he's an all tool player that is already fairing well on face-offs. he uses his body more than i suspected he would, and seems to have a knack for forcing opposition turnovers. his immediate tendency when he has some open ice is to drive the net. i haven't seen a wrister or slap shot that completely blew my mind, but both shots of his seem powerful and accurate enough to be a goal-scorer in this league.

10lbs and a year or two of experience is going to make this guy a 2 way goal scorer, and he already has the sense and skill to be a legit playmaking pivot. imho he's a sure-fire player that will be able to compete to be a number 1 center on a fair number of teams in the NHL.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote