HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Skills Competition/All Star Game Thread (Subban and Desjardins)

Old
01-18-2010, 10:51 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Subban is going to save a few jobs in this organization...

This guy will wear the C in 2013.
Cammalleri, Gionta and Markov will all be gone?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

What's with Desjardins' net?

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

As I've said before, if for whatever reason Subban is traded..I will freak the **** out.

The organization better realize just what they have with this kid.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Taupy

Subban with the DATSYUKAN... sweeeet

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:28 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Cammalleri, Gionta and Markov will all be gone?
Markov doesn't want it

Gionta doesn't kiss enough media ass, but does bring a very gritty style to the team

But, why the **** should Cam get it? Because he scores 35 and is most available to the media? I want my captain to be able to lay-out someone if they cheap shot one of our smaller guys, say Cam... Richards, Iginla etc.. or if they are super elite, like a Kovalchuk (even that's questionable)

Here's a list of captains - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rnate_captains

Notice a theme? Cam

Cam would only perpetuate the stereotype about the Canadiens being small and fragile.

Subban loves the spot light, he's already taking french lessons, and he represents toughness, size, intimidation AND skill.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Hermamoud

It all makes sense now. Boucher sent Subban to the dressing room during that practice so that he can think of his move for the ASG skills competition.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Habs

Quote:
Markov doesn't want it

Gionta doesn't kiss enough media ass, but does bring a very gritty style to the team

But, why the **** should Cam get it? Because he scores 35 and is most available to the media? I want my captain to be able to lay-out someone if they cheap shot one of our smaller guys, say Cam... Richards, Iginla etc.. or if they are super elite, like a Kovalchuk (even that's questionable)

Here's a list of captains - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rnate_captains

Notice a theme? Cam

Cam would only perpetuate the stereotype about the Canadiens being small and fragile.

Subban loves the spot light, he's already taking french lessons, and he represents toughness, size, intimidation AND skill.
Saving the C for a kid who hasn't played a single game in NHL. Priceless.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
As I've said before, if for whatever reason Subban is traded..I will freak the **** out.

The organization better realize just what they have with this kid.
Same here. One of the few untouchables on this team.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Markov doesn't want it

Notice a theme? Cam

Cam is fragile? Aside from his injury his last season with the Kings, he missed 1 or 2 games a season...

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 08:29 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Saving the C for a kid who hasn't played a single game in NHL. Priceless.
Johnathan Toews says Hey.
But I hate giving rookies captaincy. But in a few years if he pans out, he should be the captain, no questions.
Oh god the french press is going to love that.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 08:36 AM
eddy

Desjardins won the top goalie award stopping 16 of 19 shots.
http://theahl.com/canadians-take-win...tition-p140198

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
Johnathan Toews says Hey.
But I hate giving rookies captaincy. But in a few years if he pans out, he should be the captain, no questions.
Oh god the french press is going to love that.
He is learning french, so yea, they will like it.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:41 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
Cam is fragile? Aside from his injury his last season with the Kings, he missed 1 or 2 games a season...
No other team in the NHL would make Cam captain - why should he be?
He's a sniper.
And he's great with the Media.

But I'd like the face of this franchise to rid itself of the stigma of being undersized.

It's been a long time that we've had a captain that would be willing to drop his gloves or make a statement as such, AND have the skill to match.

Subban appears to have the skill, personality, character and toughness to be a franchise player ... when was the last time we had a prospect of such great promise?

Obviously I wouldn't give it to him in his 1st year or two... But I rather have no captain and just wait for once he's ready (given that he does pan-out to be as great as he's developed thus far)...

Old
01-19-2010, 09:50 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
No other team in the NHL would make Cam captain - why should he be?
He's a sniper.
And he's great with the Media.

But I'd like the face of this franchise to rid itself of the stigma of being undersized.

It's been a long time that we've had a captain that would be willing to drop his gloves or make a statement as such, AND have the skill to match.

Subban appears to have the skill, personality, character and toughness to be a franchise player ... when was the last time we had a prospect of such great promise?

Obviously I wouldn't give it to him in his 1st year or two... But I rather have no captain and just wait for once he's ready (given that he does pan-out to be as great as he's developed thus far)...
Your post just shows why the Habs fan get a bad name around the league and on these boards. Overhyping prospects, adopting stereotypes, stating hypothesis as if they were facts...

Good job buddy!

Rivet's the captain of the Sabres. I guess this means they're a tough, grinding team?

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
FrankMTL

Sick move by Subban. Is it me, or does he look a lot "thicker" then last year around this time, especially around the WJC? He looks like a fridge with skates right now. That's a whole lot of Subban!

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:56 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
People talking about Subban and the captaincy in the same breath are probably the ones who had Higgins or Komisarek all lined up for it in their second or third years in the league. Or Chipchura before that...

FrankMTL: Agreed, I thought he looked a lot bigger than the last time I saw him. He still skates like the wind though so that's good to see.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:56 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Your post just shows why the Habs fan get a bad name around the league and on these boards. Overhyping prospects, adopting stereotypes, stating hypothesis as if they were facts...

Good job buddy!

Rivet's the captain of the Sabres. I guess this means they're a tough, grinding team?
What are you referring to? Overhyping prospects???

I said if he continues to develop as he is doing, why wouldn't he be our Captain down the road?

How the **** am I overhyping PK Subban?

And what are you saying, that Rivet won't drop gloves? Captains don't need to be toughest player on the team, but they do gotta be able to make statements with their physical play...

You want Cam to be our captain, great for you... I for one don't.

Old
01-19-2010, 09:58 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
People talking about Subban and the captaincy in the same breath are probably the ones who had Higgins or Komisarek all lined up for it in their second or third years in the league. Or Chipchura before that...

FrankMTL: Agreed, I thought he looked a lot bigger than the last time I saw him. He still skates like the wind though so that's good to see.
FAIL.

Subban is the only prospect in memory that I'm this excited to see.

Subban is a greater prospect than Higgins, Komi or anyone in recent memory was (not counting goaltending - Price) .

Nice try though.

Old
01-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Avim86

Markov-Spacek
Hamrlik-Subban
Gill-Gorges
Sounds really good about now

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 10:02 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
What are you referring to? Overhyping prospects???

I said if he continues to develop as he is doing, why wouldn't he be our Captain down the road?

How the **** am I overhyping PK Subban?

And what are you saying, that Rivet won't drop gloves? Captains don't need to be toughest player on the team, but they do gotta be able to make statements with their physical play...

You want Cam to be our captain, great for you... I for one don't.
Yes, you are overhyping prospect. And that's this type of overhyping that will get people to post insanities if the kid doesn't instantly become a superstar.

You're stating hypothesis as facts, when you're saying that Cammalleri isn't captain material in any NHL team.

Finally, you're adopting stupid stereotypes when you say "I want the captain to be tall enough so we aren't labeled as a small team anymore". To which I answered the type of player the captain of a team is has nothing to do with the team's identity itself.

This isn't even about having Cammalleri as a captain. It could be Gionta or Markov, I just think it's stupid to see a prospect as the future captain of the Habs before he even plays one single game in the NHL.

Old
01-19-2010, 10:03 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
Markov-Spacek
Hamrlik-Subban
Gill-Gorges
Sounds really good about now
O'byrne won't be a 7th next year... Hamrlik or Spacek, or Gorges will be traded.

Old
01-19-2010, 10:11 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Yes, you are overhyping prospect. And that's this type of overhyping that will get people to post insanities if the kid doesn't instantly become a superstar.

You're stating hypothesis as facts, when you're saying that Cammalleri isn't captain material in any NHL team.

Finally, you're adopting stupid stereotypes when you say "I want the captain to be tall enough so we aren't labeled as a small team anymore". To which I answered the type of player the captain of a team is has nothing to do with the team's identity itself.

This isn't even about having Cammalleri as a captain. It could be Gionta or Markov, I just think it's stupid to see a prospect as the future captain of the Habs before he even plays one single game in the NHL.
No , overhyping prospects my friend is taking a prospect and expecting him to be captain right away, or to be a franchise player right away.

If you open your eyes, you'll have read that no where do I expect him to be a captain next year, or in 2011.

As for overhyping the # 3 rated prospect in the AHL with top stats and former captain of team Canada... ya you're right, I guess I'm being a fan that has reason to be excited for once

And you think the Captain of the team does not reflect the identity, culture and image of a team? Ok boss.... Not sure I agree with you there.

I'm not perpetuating stereotypes at all - it's a fact - the stereotype on the habs are that we're small.

So giving the C to Cam is doing exactly what to the reputation?

Can you find me one captain in the entire NHL, from guys that would drop their gloves to elite superstars, that resemble ANYTHING to Cam?

Old
01-19-2010, 10:16 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
No , overhyping prospects my friend is taking a prospect and expecting him to be captain right away, or to be a franchise player right away.

If you open your eyes, you'll have read that no where do I expect him to be a captain next year, or in 2011.

As for overhyping the # 3 rated prospect in the AHL with top stats and former captain of team Canada... ya you're right, I guess I'm being a fan that has reason to be excited for once

And you think the Captain of the team does not reflect the identity, culture and image of a team? Ok boss.... Not sure I agree with you there.
I'm not perpetuating stereotypes at all - it's a fact - the stereotype on the habs are that we're small.

So giving the C to Cam is doing exactly what to the reputation?

Can you find me one captain in the entire NHL, from guys that would drop their gloves to elite superstars, that resemble ANYTHING to Cam?
So much fail in this post, seriously. Who ****ing cares if Gionta or Cammalleri is our captain?

They're small so they shouldn't be captain?

Seriously, just stop, you're digging yourself quite the hole... You don't have any clue what is required to be the captain of an NHL hockey team, nobody here has a clue about what the criteria are, this is stupid to say Subban is going to be the captain of the Habs in the future before he even plays one game in the big league. This is the type of things that made a flop out of Higgins in everyone's mind... even though the guy never was touted to be anything more than a deluxe 3rd liner.

A captain's job is to lead his team, either by example or by vocal leadership in the lockerroom. The type of player he is - this doesn't mean a ****.

Old
01-19-2010, 10:25 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
So much fail in this post, seriously. Who ****ing cares if Gionta or Cammalleri is our captain?

They're small so they shouldn't be captain?

Seriously, just stop, you're digging yourself quite the hole... You don't have any clue what is required to be the captain of an NHL hockey team, nobody here has a clue about what the criteria are, this is stupid to say Subban is going to be the captain of the Habs in the future before he even plays one game in the big league. This is the type of things that made a flop out of Higgins in everyone's mind... even though the guy never was touted to be anything more than a deluxe 3rd liner.
Why are you comparing Chris ****ing higgins to PK Subban??????

We don't know what the criteria is for being a captain in the NHL???

Ok, here's a helpful tip - look at who are CAPTAINS!

If you can not find commonalities than I'm not sure what to tell you... anyways, there's a reason why Cam is not a captain - thank god.

Team Captain
Anaheim Ducks Scott Niedermayer
Atlanta Thrashers Ilya Kovalchuk
Boston Bruins Zdeno Chara
Buffalo Sabres Craig Rivet
Calgary Flames Jarome Iginla
Carolina Hurricanes Rod Brind'Amour
Chicago Blackhawks Jonathan Toews
Colorado Avalanche Adam Foote
Columbus Blue Jackets Rick Nash
Dallas Stars Brenden Morrow
Detroit Red Wings Nicklas Lidstrom
Edmonton Oilers Ethan Moreau
Florida Panthers Bryan McCabe
Los Angeles Kings Dustin Brown
Minnesota Wild Mikko Koivu
Montreal Canadiens vacant
Nashville Predators Jason Arnott
New Jersey Devils Jamie Langenbrunner
New York Islanders Doug Weight
New York Rangers Chris Drury
Ottawa Senators Daniel Alfredsson [a]
Philadelphia Flyers Mike Richards
Phoenix Coyotes Shane Doan
Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby
San Jose Sharks Rob Blake
St. Louis Blues Eric Brewer
Tampa Bay Lightning Vincent Lecavalier
Toronto Maple Leafs vacant
Vancouver Canucks Roberto Luongo [b]
Washington Capitals Alexander Ovechkin

Old
01-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Sick move by Subban. Is it me, or does he look a lot "thicker" then last year around this time, especially around the WJC? He looks like a fridge with skates right now. That's a whole lot of Subban!
Yes I was thinking the same thing. He looks HUGE.

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote