HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Petr Sykora, Robbie Earl (Minnesota), Tim Brent (Toronto) - all clear

Old
01-19-2010, 12:51 PM
TweetyLeaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
I think the Flyers or Islanders should pick up Sykora. ATL Division ***** for the win!
Sykora doesnt strike me as a Flyers kinda player.
Actually somehow it would be very hard for me to imagine Sykora as a Flyer.

Maybe i lack imagination.

TweetyLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys26 View Post
I really thought Tim Brent was with Chicago last I heard
At least you've heard of him.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:52 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Sykora will get a look from the Islanders. His speed and veteran appeal can really help the youngsters over the haul.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:53 PM
SpezDispenser

Literally every team in the league will want a shot at Sykora for 750K. Pens, Sens, Leafs, everyone.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Wild33

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Interesting moves from the Minnesota side. Someone else has to be coming in. Earl needs to be put on wavier to go back to Houston, so that's not a shock. He'd done his job well though. But waiving both is surprising. We don't have any extra forwards on the active roster without those two.
Need room for Burns should come back in the next week but I'm guessing Scott and Boogaard will alternate playing forward. I don't think anyone is coming in.

Wild33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Luigi Lemieux

sykora is finished. it was pretty obvious the second half of last year with pittsburgh and the way he was benched in the playoffs.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:58 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Literally every team in the league will want a shot at Sykora for 750K. Pens, Sens, Leafs, everyone.
Doubt the Pens will after we benched him in the playoffs. He just lost his abilities to get open and to score goals, which were the only two he had. I loved Sykora when he was productive, but it was time for him to go this offseason.

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:59 PM
quesosauce

avs might could be interested in sykora what with hejduk out for a few weeks and svatos being a wet blanket

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
We don't have interest on Sykora, we need a first line scorer winger.
Hey! Sykora is exactly that.

In the year 2000.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Having a bit of a laugh remembering the folks who knew Robbie Earl was a superior prospect to Joe Pavelski. Good times.

jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post

I assume you left off the happy face or something Sykora has gone MIA this season in minny and it is not his first time at doing something like that

Also--this move comes after Sykora's agent did his number on twitter about how the WILD were miss using Sykora and holding him back

The wild have made him a healthy scratch a few times and he has been injured--his numbers in Pittsburgh are soft once you realize you he was playing with

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay33 View Post
Need room for Burns should come back in the next week but I'm guessing Scott and Boogaard will alternate playing forward. I don't think anyone is coming in.
Scott and Boogaard are currently in the lineup every day at defense and forward. This will also bring Sheppard into the everday lineup, leaving no extra forwards. Stoner and Burns aren't ready, and Scott won't be playing forward. I wouldn't be surprised if Sykora stick around if no one claims him, but somebody else will be coming onto the roster.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:04 PM
NewFang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
At least you've heard of him.
I've never heard of him either, but google says he belongs to Chicago. Weird.

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:13 PM
TweetyLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Sykora stick around if no one claims him, but somebody else will be coming onto the roster.
Pierre Marc Bouchard getting better ?

TweetyLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Butch is a long, long, long way from playing. Kobasew is gone for a long time as well.

Burns will be back in the next couple days...wonder if Stoner is going to come off IR soon.

I am confused about the Earl waivers, he played great when in the lineup. I guess we're just going to hope that Sheppard can be a 4th liner?

Sykora, good riddance. Hope somebody picks him up.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:20 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf View Post
Pierre Marc Bouchard getting better ?
No, and that's really concerning for everybody. It's still a question of "if" he will play again, not just "when".

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:53 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
TSNBobMcKenzie

Brent on waivers because he's been injured all year and didn't go thru waivers in Oct. Now healthy, must clear to play in AHL. 10 minutes ago from UberTwitter

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
BigHabs

i think the habs should take a shot, sykora playing with fellow czech plekanec could be good for the habs andrei is still out he might not be back for another 1 - 3 weeks we could use his atleast someone of scoring talent that he still has left. once andrei comes back can put him on third line to give us an extra scorer on the team in the bottom 6 something montreal hasn't really had in awhile.

plus pouliot might not play wednesday as they reported he hurt his hand fighting and betting the crap out of redden.

i believe sykora couldn't hurt our team at this point but make it stronger and his cap hit comes off at the end of the year. win-win at this point for the habs who are battling for a playoff spot.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:17 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

I really hope Chuck Fletcher has something planned.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

I wouldn't mind taking Sykora. Habs have very little scoring depth on the wing due to injuries.

Shinsuke Nakamura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:21 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
thank god sykora is gone. love what he did with his first game after sitting out healthy--absolutely nothing. Not only that, but he wasn't even trying. Usually guys in that situation have some sort of motivation that propels them to at least display some effort, but he had none. Good luck squeezing juice out of him to whomever picks him up. The earl part confuses me though...

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Z0S0
Gomie is my Homie

Send a message via MSN to Z0S0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFang View Post
I've never heard of him either, but google says he belongs to Chicago. Weird.
Tim Brent
7/04/2009
Signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Toronto Maple Leafs to a one-year contract.

Z0S0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:25 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatsFan48 View Post
I really hope Chuck Fletcher has something planned.
I mean, I'm not faulting Fletcher for waiving Sykora - the Wild did have too many wingers and Sykora never really fit - but waiving Earl at the same time is the odd part.

That leaves us with 12 forwards on the roster. Irmen looked terrible in his call-up. Kalus gets too many penalties. Gilles plays a similiar game to Earl, and Gillies needs plenty of time in the AHL.

Something has to be on the move. Especially after that back-breaker of a loss last night. The Wild aren't going to make the playoffs unless they go 2 wins to 1 loss for the rest of the season.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
i think the habs should take a shot, sykora playing with fellow czech plekanec could be good for the habs andrei is still out he might not be back for another 1 - 3 weeks we could use his atleast someone of scoring talent that he still has left. once andrei comes back can put him on third line to give us an extra scorer on the team in the bottom 6 something montreal hasn't really had in awhile.

plus pouliot might not play wednesday as they reported he hurt his hand fighting and betting the crap out of redden.

i believe sykora couldn't hurt our team at this point but make it stronger and his cap hit comes off at the end of the year. win-win at this point for the habs who are battling for a playoff spot.
I also think it is worth a shot from Montreal's point of view. If Plekanec, Sykora and Cammelleri can gel as a line then it can make sense to keep all of them together for a couple of years. Certainly Sykora is affordable for the Habs as long as he is be a productive member of the line.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I think that if Sykora is GIVEN a top six role and ten games, he might return to form.

Unfortunately for him, he missed about 5-6 WEEKS where the team established its identity and the top six kind of solidified themselves. And the identity of the team (physical, hard working, fighting for the puck along the boards and corners, driving hard to the net) clashed with Sykora's style (softer, scoring on the rush, not physical, does not want to get in the dirty areas).

Oddly enough, Havlat had the exact same struggle of being injured and then being way too soft and uninvolved for this style of hockey, but pairing him with big Latendresse and hardworking Brodziak worked well. But the Wild have a lot more invested in Splatvat.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote