HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Alexander Frolov Creates Dilemma For Dean Lombardi

Old
01-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Cammalleri was not going to sign with the Kings, no matter what, after he lost his arbitration hearing. Remember, he was demanding $6 million per season after one good season in the league...he was not worth that at the time.

It wasn't long after that season began that he began to sulk, and I'm not talking about sitting in front of his locker with his head in his hands. He started the season very outgoing, as he had always been. But it didn't take long for him to mostly stop talking to the media, and when he did, he was either subdued or just not very forthcoming. Also, it showed in how he communicated with his teammates. He started as leadership material, always talking to his teammates and offering encouragement. That stopped at the same time he started to sulk.

Finally, he sulked on the ice as well. Sure, he got hurt that season, but even after he recovered, he seemed to be going through the motions.

Now...I can't prove anything. However, I observed all of this first-hand. Based on that, I think he was deeply upset at the whole arbitration thing and he took it out on the Kings, and not just by refusing to sign with them.
Please DL puppet, stop with your spewing of Cammy hatred. Jeez, shouldn't you try and maintain some objectivity as a member of the media (and I say that with a great deal of apprehension)?

Yeah, I guess Cammy standing up for his teammate and getting injured clearly shows that he's sulking and wasn't a team guy.

Pathetic!!!

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Sure, he got hurt that season, but even after he recovered, he seemed to be going through the motions.

Now...I can't prove anything. However, I observed all of this first-hand. Based on that, I think he was deeply upset at the whole arbitration thing and he took it out on the Kings, and not just by refusing to sign with them.
... Of course you can't prove it, because it isn't true. Cammalleri wasn't 100% for the rest of that season, and his play showed it. It's a load of crap to say he just wasn't trying out there.

I don't blame the guy for clamming up. He knew he was as good as traded from the moment the arbitration hearing was over.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
what do you think of kovalev for frolov he has one more year at 5m
and about 9 years on Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I don't see where this could have worked out any better for Lombardi from a sheer monetary perspective. For a guy who relies on scoring numbers to determine his value, Frolov has been used in such an unbelievably poor manner that -- on a certain cynical level -- it's almost impossible to believe Lombardi hasn't had a hand in it. At times, it seemed for all the world that Frolov was punished every time he did something positive on the scoreboard. If Dean was looking to find a scenario in which he could low-ball Frolov on his next deal, the script for that couldn't have been written any better. Frolov has the appearance of being the most jaded guy on this team, and I don't really blame him for it. If I were him, I'd be sick of all of the bullsh** too. He's not the current regime's guy, and it looks as if he's not going to be allowed to forget that fact.

i don't think i even want to touch anything associated with conspiracy.

one thing i WILL say is, we've never heard Frolov complain about anything.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 01:23 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Please DL puppet, stop with your spewing of Cammy hatred. Jeez, shouldn't you try and maintain some objectivity as a member of the media (and I say that with a great deal of apprehension)?
... It wouldn't be advantageous for him to criticize the organization that provides him with media credentials, so don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

Last edited by JT Dutch*: 01-19-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old
01-19-2010, 01:23 PM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
THIS is what Frolov really brings to the table. The good hands and passing/scoring abilities are almost just bonuses. WHY must he be a 40 goal scorer? Where's the statistic that says how many Kings TEAM goals come from this ability of Frolov's? How many time was the puck kept in and a goal resulted, whether or not Frolov got the goal or an assist? This is going to be extremely useful in the playoffs, when the opponents crack down on defense and time spent in the oppostition zone is going to be AT A PREMIUM.

This is a situation where the numbers don't tell the true story. He should, maybe MUST, be re-signed.
For real!!!!

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:12 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:

Yeah, I guess Cammy standing up for his teammate and getting injured clearly shows that he's sulking and wasn't a team guy.

Pathetic!!!
"DL Puppet?" LOL. You're entitled to your opinion. I just stated what I witnessed first-hand. What first-hand knowledge do you have of the situation?

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:13 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
... It wouldn't be advantageous for him to criticize the organization that provides him with media credentials, so don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.
For the record, I've been critical of the Kings many times in my career. You, of course, take whatever opportunity you get to launch personal attacks at me.

Old
01-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I agree with a few posters here that DL will offer him a 3.5-4 mill contract for about 3-5 years. This would be a real bargain and still put us in a decent salary cap situtation to make a move for a high priced player (Kovalchuk).

Sign Frolov Sign!!!

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:27 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
For the record, I've been critical of the Kings many times in my career. You, of course, take whatever opportunity you get to launch personal attacks at me.
... Gann, I used to really enjoy what you wrote; I would even link to it, in fact. And there WERE times where you would criticize the organization. But those days ended a few years ago. You're clearly not objective at all when it comes to the Cammalleri situation. The next time you praise Frolov, or give him any credit for the team's success, will be the first time. I find it curious, to say the least, that neither of those two are Lombardi's guys. When's the last time you disagreed with anything Lombardi did?

Old
01-19-2010, 02:34 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
... Gann, I used to really enjoy what you wrote; I would even link to it, in fact. And there WERE times where you would criticize the organization. But those days ended a few years ago. You're clearly not objective at all when it comes to the Cammalleri situation. The next time you praise Frolov, or give him any credit for the team's success, will be the first time. I find it curious, to say the least, that neither of those two are Lombardi's guys. When's the last time you disagreed with anything Lombardi did?
You haven't been reading my stuff lately, if the last time you saw anything critical was "a few years ago."

Anyway, thanks for the feedback (seriously).

As for RH63, you're obviously not worth responding to.

Old
01-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
You haven't been reading my stuff lately, if the last time you saw anything critical was "a few years ago."

Anyway, thanks for the feedback (seriously).

As for RH63, you're obviously not worth responding to.
Hey, just try and apply a little objectivity in your work. From what you say about Cammy, you clearly have none.

Old
01-19-2010, 02:56 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Hey, just try and apply a little objectivity in your work. From what you say about Cammy, you clearly have none.
I'm not a beat writer, so I don't just give you the quotes and let you decide how to take it. I do more commentary/analysis. And no, objectivity and opinion are not mutually exclusive of each other. Any good journalist will tell you that.

Old
01-19-2010, 03:13 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

An opinion can only be objective by committee of perspective. Opinion and objectivity can co-exist, but can not occupy the same space.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
I'm not a beat writer, so I don't just give you the quotes and let you decide how to take it. I do more commentary/analysis. And no, objectivity and opinion are not mutually exclusive of each other. Any good journalist will tell you that.
Well, it just sounds to me as if you have an agenda.

Personally, I've battled on behalf of Cammy on 3 different boards so, I don't want another battle here. However, I just think you'd be more credible if your comments showed both sides of the story.

For instance, you mention that Cammy was injured but yet, you fail to mention that he got injured defending one of his teammates. He fought a much bigger player because he wanted to send a message to his teammates that he's there for them regardless but you just simply make a statement that he stopped being a leader and he sulked in the locker rooms and out on the ice.

That kind of statement may work with some of the Cammy haters but I think you lose credibility with those who know the full story of his injury.

Old
01-19-2010, 03:32 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
what do you think of kovalev for frolov he has one more year at 5m
Not in 5million years.

Old
01-19-2010, 03:36 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I thought once Captain Ron disappeared, every thread would stop turning into a Cammy debate.

Old
01-19-2010, 03:47 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i don't think i even want to touch anything associated with conspiracy.

one thing i WILL say is, we've never heard Frolov complain about anything.
This. x1000.

As for the rest of the thread.... it reminds of me of this, but without the funny:

Old
01-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I thought once Captain Ron disappeared, every thread would stop turning into a Cammy debate.
Don't be so naive.

Every thread has the potential to turn into a Cammy thread as long as Diehard and I (you can now add JT to the list) are still around.

Old
01-19-2010, 03:54 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Don't be so naive.

Every thread has the potential to turn into a Cammy thread as long as Diehard and I (you can now add JT to the list) are still around.
Cammy sux

Old
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Cammy sux

You know, on a rainy day, there's nothing better than a turtle soup. You care to join me for some turtle soup?

Old
01-19-2010, 04:06 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
This. x1000.

As for the rest of the thread.... it reminds of me of this, but without the funny:
... I've just come to the realization that when it comes to Kings' history, I won't be able to stop myself from getting sucked into these arguments. Once I realized that, it's become a lot easier to handle.

Old
01-19-2010, 04:29 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Is there any chance that LA would trade Frolov? What would you want from Ottawa for Frolov & Johnson at the deadline?

Available: Cheechoo RW, Picard LD, Campolli LD, Lee RD, Foligno LW, Kuba LD, Volchenkov D, Winchester RW, Kelly C/LW, Kovalev RW, Shannon RW, Ruutu LW, picks & prospects.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 04:30 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Gann, for people that cannot talk without attacking you just use the ignore function and put them on the ignore list.

btw: tnx for the article

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
rh63 and JT Dutch say NEGATIVE to your thoughts.

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 05:24 PM
reset

sign fro. hes the type of "support" player you need to win a cup. amazing in the corners, plays good defense.

reset is online now   Reply With Quote