Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Top 20 prospects

Old
12-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Gwyddbwyll

vCash: 500
Top 20 prospects

I was bored so I've put together a top 20 of British prospects (under 20).

1. Rob Farmer (91) - Sheffield Steelers - excellent WJC's, dominated British juniors and the EPL (second tier) made his debut in Europe for Sheffield Steelers, even notching some points as the team surprised many by qualifying for the next round. Looks set to follow another Steelers product, Rob Dowd into the EIHL and develop into a top GB player.

2. Ben Davies (91) - Cardiff Devils - Played in the EIHL last year as a 17yo, now making a contribution this year with 7 points so far. Undersized but skilled and has an ability to step up - fans will be expecting him to develop greatly in the next 2 years.

3. Jack Prince (91) - Unknown - Big 6-5 forward who has been in America for 2 years and is aiming to play in the NCAA. Not sure how he's getting on this year but one of GB's top prospects. Not a high scorer but motivated and hopefully wont turn into another Tom Carlon (a highly touted big prospect who faded somewhat).

4. Aaron Connolly (93) - Young guy who has outscored his peers heavily throughout the junior ranks. Went over to the States this year where he's had to get used to reduced ice-time but is one of GB's best prospects for a while.

5. Adam Harding (93) - Another 16 yo, has also dominated British juniors like Connolly and made the jump to the States. Would like to find out how he's doing.

6. Tom Squires (91) - Another from the Sheffield team. Although not rising as fast as Farmer, he's still a solid prospect for the future. Could be a good GB international but a long way to go still.

7. Andrew Hirst (92) - Sheffield - the 17yo has apparently come on leaps and bounds and could be a top player.

8. Ben Bowns (91) - Solid goaltender whose stats generally dont reflect his ability. Hopefully will get a shot in the EIHL sooner rather than later.

9. Liam Chong (93) - This 16yo tore up the juniors last year at Romford, with Frankie Harvey and ambitious for the future, has moved to the States. Need to find out how he's getting on.

10. Shaun Wild (93) - There arent many defensemen prospects at the moment but 16yo Shaun Wild has been very successful, putting up points at U-18 level as a 15yo. One that should make his name in the next few years.

11. Scott Conway (95) - Son of the legendary Kevin Conway, put up eye-popping stats in British juniors. He's much too good and I believe he's gone to the NA to develop his hockey talent, but I dont know where. If he's a prodigal talent, he'll probably opt to be Canadian.

12. Frankie Harvey - Not sure where he's gone, not overseas I think. A prodigous scorer and features regularly for GB in junior teams.

13. Jack Musil (93?) - Kingston - Someone I havent heard of before but as a 15 yo he had 72 pts in 15 games at U-16 level and 18 goals in 12 games at U-18 level. That is impressive.

14. Mark McGill (G)
15. Tom Murdy (G)
16. John Connolly
17. Callum Fowler
18. Jamie Chilcott (D)
19. Sam Godfrey (D)
20. Blaho Novak

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 06:29 AM
mattski93
Poo Brain

Send a message via MSN to mattski93 Send a message via Skype™ to mattski93
Frankie Harvey's playing in the EPL for Romford Raiders, scored nearly a point per game (7+10 in 18) before an injury at the end of December.

mattski93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Pantherhockey48

I can give you updates on 2 of your top 20.

Scott Conway is playing in Detroit for Belle Tire AAA 95's not sure of his stats at the moment.

Jack Prince is playing as a rookie at Texas Tornado in the North American Hockey League (NAHL) junior A and has just been selected to the Top Prospects tournament in Michigan. I think he is currently leading his team in goals and points.

Pantherhockey48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:15 PM
smitty10

Any chance Prince gets drafted?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 08:01 AM
mattski93
Poo Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherhockey48 View Post
Scott Conway is playing in Detroit for Belle Tire AAA 95's not sure of his stats at the moment.
11+6 in 21 games, 3rd on the team.

Old
01-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Pantherhockey48

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Not sure, he has the size 6'4" and hands and would be great for UK Hockey.

Old
01-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Adam Harding is playing for SISEC Prep in the Canadian Sport School League. He leads the team (who aren't doing well at all) with 11pts in 9 games, but eight of those points came in one game (4g+4a). He's listed as being 5'1", 151lb - Is that right?

http://www.csshl.ca/leagues/rosters_...layerID=593554

There's an Adam Connelly listed as playing with Chelmsford.

Liam Chong (A 92 birthday, not 93) is playing for Northwood School, Lake Placid (midget team). I count 3 goals and 6 assists so far.

http://www.northwoodschool.com/sport...idget%20Hockey

There's another English kid listed on the roster at Northwood - Dan Scott, Defenceman, Born in Chatham in 1992.

Another from the list playing abroad is Jamie Chilcutt - Ontario Hockey Academy

Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Nope, I think his draft year was 2009 and over-agers have to be pretty special to get drafted later. Best scenario is for Prince to go the NCAA route to get a degree and a tryout at camp like Dave Phillips has just done with Chicago/Rockford.

The '91 born players are one of Britain's best junior groups in recent times but none were even close to being drafted. British prospects are generally slower to develop as they get less ice-time than contemporaries. Maybe Scott Conway has a shot if he goes to the CHL at 18.

Old
08-15-2010, 06:02 AM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
Liam Chong (A 92 birthday, not 93) is playing for Northwood School, Lake Placid (midget team). I count 3 goals and 6 assists so far.
Now icing for the Invicta Dynamos in the ENIHL, back in Britain.

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 02:51 PM
smitty10

Anyone know if Robert Farmer will be playing in the OHL this season?

Also, what kind of player is he? Will he be a top 6 or bottom 6 player in the OHL?

Old
08-17-2010, 07:01 PM
mattski93
Poo Brain

Quote:
Anyone know if Robert Farmer will be playing in the OHL this season?

Also, what kind of player is he? Will he be a top 6 or bottom 6 player in the OHL?
Provided he makes the cut, yes. He should make it.

I'd say he's a top-6 player. Something close to a power forward who's responsible at both ends on the rink, he can score plenty but will stick up for his teammates and gets involved physically. He can play a defensive role but he's at his best leading the rush. I think he'll surprise people with how good he is.

Old
08-23-2010, 06:29 PM
hockeycanuk

Not sure why you left Brett and Brendan Perlini off the list. I know they have returned to Canada, but I think they played for the British national teams when they were in the UK. Brett was just drafted this year by Anaheim.

hockeycanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 08:43 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcWoo View Post
Now icing for the Invicta Dynamos in the ENIHL, back in Britain.
Not often you see the Mos get mentioned on this site! Woot!

The Angry Teatowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycanuk View Post
Not sure why you left Brett and Brendan Perlini off the list. I know they have returned to Canada, but I think they played for the British national teams when they were in the UK. Brett was just drafted this year by Anaheim.
They played for the youth England teams which is only up to the age of 11 or something like that. They havent played for the GB international teams after this as that would commit them to being British and they wouldn't be able to play for Canada.

Old
09-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

It's been too long since a British player has made/been playing in the NHL. It'd great to see another one in the league, the last ones were Owen Nolan and Bryon Dafoe.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 04:01 PM
smitty10

Robert Farmer has been cut by the Ottawa 67's. Any idea if he'll stay in NA or go back to the UK?

Old
09-27-2010, 05:27 PM
mattski93
Poo Brain

Quote:
Robert Farmer has been cut by the Ottawa 67's. Any idea if he'll stay in NA or go back to the UK?
I think he'll try to sign up with another NA team, but if he does return home he'll join up with Manchester as he signed his contract with them before he left and it's still valid. There's a spot available for him with the release of Dean Holland.

Old
10-20-2010, 01:13 AM
hockeyfanatic91

Rumor has it that Jack Prince will be playing for GB 20's this year. Should be a good chance to see how the american hockey has improved him. Also a chance to see how he compares to the likes of Farmer, Davies, and Squires.

Last edited by hockeyfanatic91: 10-20-2010 at 01:26 AM.
hockeyfanatic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Pantherhockey48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanatic91 View Post
Rumor has it that Jack Prince will be playing for GB 20's this year. Should be a good chance to see how the american hockey has improved him. Also a chance to see how he compares to the likes of Farmer, Davies, and Squires.
So it looks like Prince is playing, scoring goals and MoM against Ukraine.