HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors III

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2010, 06:46 PM
clashdub1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I meant I don't want the Kings to end up like Pittsburgh NOW....They are going to lose Gonchar, they still can't afford a top winger for Crosby or Malkin....They better hope they don't have any young players emerge as stars...There are always rumors of Staal being dealt because they won't be able to afford him or want to swap him for a winger.

According to hockeysfuture, they are 28th ranked with prospects...Unlike the Kings who are 3rd ranked...we have more kids ready to come in and make it and demand big salaries than they do on the horizon.
crosby malkin stall and fluery are all under 25, so of course they are going to be 28th in prospect rankings cause their top propects are playing and contributing in the nhl and are all under contract for the next five years. And they have caputi and tangradi who are projected to play on the top two lines next year. Penguins will contend for the cup for the next five years even if they loose gonchar. Kovalchuk is a 50+ goal scorer playing with kopitar. Wasnt this the plan to rebuild for five years and then attract a big UFA or RFA to play with all our young talent? Well no UFA or RFA is better than kovalchuck

Old
01-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by clashdub1 View Post
crosby malkin stall and fluery are all under 25, so of course they are going to be 28th in prospect rankings cause their top propects are playing and contributing in the nhl and are all under contract for the next five years. And they have caputi and tangradi who are projected to play on the top two lines next year. Penguins will contend for the cup for the next five years even if they loose gonchar. Kovalchuk is a 50+ goal scorer playing with kopitar. Wasnt this the plan to rebuild for five years and then attract a big UFA or RFA to play with all our young talent? Well no UFA or RFA is better than kovalchuck

Old
01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by clashdub1 View Post
Sentence structure aside, I like you...and please don't be shy about posting here.

Old
01-19-2010, 08:20 PM
clashdub1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Sentence structure aside, I like you...and please don't be shy about posting here.
have to type quick, im at work.

Old
01-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
If we were to win the lotto and get Kovy, would Simmonds hand over his Kurri?

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
01-20-2010, 01:07 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If we were to win the lotto and get Kovy, would Simmonds hand over his Kurri?
He would.

But then again, kings will probably hear something from the NAACP. That's if the NAACP even knows that LA even has a hockey team.

Wayne will wear #19.

Old
01-20-2010, 03:58 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Well, Sykora cleared waivers.

I guess now, they're listening to trade offers. Sykora could fit in nicely as a RW on our top line with Kopi and Smyth. This way, we can also reunite Richardson, Simmonds and Parse line.

I think Purcell for Sykora should get it done.

Any thoughts?

Old
01-20-2010, 04:03 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Sykora cleared waivers, which leaves him as a negative value. Minnesota needs to give something else up in order to move him similar to us getting a 2nd rounder to take Denis Gauthier from Philly, we only gave up 2 guys who were occupying reserve list spots with no chance of making the NHL.

Purcell would prolly get 60 assists with the Islanders , he does have some trade value though.

I think Sykora goes through re-entry and gets claimed then.

Why give up Purcell when we could have just had him for free?

Old
01-20-2010, 04:07 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
He would.

But then again, kings will probably hear something from the NAACP. That's if the NAACP even knows that LA even has a hockey team.

Wayne will wear #19.
Kovy might switch to 71, i think thats what he wears on the olympic team..

Old
01-20-2010, 04:08 PM
clashdub1

Quote:
Well, Sykora cleared waivers.

I guess now, they're listening to trade offers. Sykora could fit in nicely as a RW on our top line with Kopi and Smyth. This way, we can also reunite Richardson, Simmonds and Parse line.

I think Purcell for Sykora should get it done.

Any thoughts?
Dear Mr. Lombardi,
Please dont make a trade to aquire Sykora cause he sucks and he his old.
Thank You

Those are my thoughts! 1.Pittsburgh did not re-sign him for a reason and he played with crosby and malkin 2.He played on the wilds top line and they placed him on waviers, i wonder why?

Old
01-20-2010, 04:11 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I suppose you're right but I just hate seeing Purcell being a healthy scratch every game.

I guess a part of me wants to close the door on Purcell although, he does have some trade value.

Old
01-20-2010, 04:14 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
Kovy might switch to 71, i think thats what he wears on the olympic team..
You don't REALLY think that Kovy's going to be the one to switch numbers do ya? I'm thinking some other russian player with seniority was wearing #17.

Wayne will gladly give up #17.

Old
01-20-2010, 05:20 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
You don't REALLY think that Kovy's going to be the one to switch numbers do ya? I'm thinking some other russian player with seniority was wearing #17.

Wayne will gladly give up #17.
Malkin, at least thats what the video game did... Wayne could be 24 when fro's gone and be our Kobe.. haha

Old
01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Not a hockey buzz rumor, but Dreger just reported that Whitney and Wallin were asked to waive their no trade clauses. Wouldn't mind Whitney in a Kings jersey this week.

Old
01-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Interesting. I would actually welcome both of them with open arms if that deal is in any way connected to us. Whitney is a given, but Wallin is interesting. He has an almost comical career. He has never scored more than 10 points in a season, but he has reached exactly 10 four times. He has also only played more than 70 games once in his career out of 8 NHL seasons, which makes the 10 points thing even more interesting, because everytime he was on pace to obliterate his season high totals, he would end up injured or something.

They are both UFAs at the end of the season, Whitney making $3.55 million @ age 37, and Wallin making $1.725 million @ age 34. My guess is that Wallin would be a replacement for O'Donnell should he stay, if we are indeed the destination for these guys.

Old
01-20-2010, 08:31 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Whitney definitely. Purcell and a 3rd should suffice.

Not quite sure we need a Wallin.

Old
01-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

FYI, here is what was written in the TSN article that Dreger referenced:

Quote:
On Wednesday, the Hurricanes named Eric Staal the team's new captain and also asked leading scorer Ray Whitney and defenceman Niclas Wallin to waive their no trade clauses.

While general manager Jim Rutherford says he expects the team to compete for the rest of the season, he indicated that he'll likely trade away some veteran players before the March 3 deadline.

Whitney and Wallin join a list of player believed to be available for trade that also includes Matt Cullen, Scott Walker, Stephane Yelle, Andrew Alberts, Aaron Ward and Manny Legace.
Purcell and Jones for Whitney and Wallin would be a move I would welcome.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 01-20-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old
01-20-2010, 11:51 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

I can already see the Hurricanes fans come at us with torches and pitchforks after realizing they got Jones...

Old
01-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

There is so little there for Carolina to use moving forward. Middling draft picks are more likely.

Old
01-21-2010, 01:46 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
i don't think they are even gonna get that much for Whitney... well, they shouldn't. everyone and their mother knows that he's most likely going right back to Carolina in July.

Old
01-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i don't think they are even gonna get that much for Whitney... well, they shouldn't. everyone and their mother knows that he's most likely going right back to Carolina in July.
I dunno. We saw a very similar situation with Keith Tkachuk and the Blues just a couple years ago. The Blues got 3 picks and Metropolit from the Thrashers for 2 months of Tkachuk. And the entire hockey world knew Keith was going back to St. Louis come July.

Old
01-21-2010, 10:01 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
I dunno. We saw a very similar situation with Keith Tkachuk and the Blues just a couple years ago. The Blues got 3 picks and Metropolit from the Thrashers for 2 months of Tkachuk. And the entire hockey world knew Keith was going back to St. Louis come July.
Waddell is an idiot though. Traded Coburn for Zhitnik same deadline for their big playoff "run".

I believe St. Louis relinquished one of those picks due to Keith re-signing with them. I'd have to check though.

Old
01-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Johnny Utah

Didn't Lombardi draft Whitney....hmmm....

Old
01-21-2010, 01:11 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
very true. though, Atlanta traded Tkachuk back to St. Louis... i suppose the same can be done with Whitney as well however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Waddell is an idiot though. Traded Coburn for Zhitnik same deadline for their big playoff "run".

I believe St. Louis relinquished one of those picks due to Keith re-signing with them. I'd have to check though.
i think the whole "idiot" thing is a little overstated. he made a couple of bad moves in succession, but a lot of that was precipitated by his back being against the wall primarily because of some public comments by Hartley about making the playoffs.

don't get me wrong, his back is up against the wall this time as well - with his job AND franchise player on the line. but it's the bottom of the ninth, two-out, two on, and down by a run... he's GOT to get a hit here.

Old
01-21-2010, 01:13 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Didn't Lombardi draft Whitney....hmmm....

i don't know... was Lombardi GM yet at that time?

Closed Thread