HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
01-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Captain Monglobster

vCash: 500
Last nights game was one of the best he's ever had as a Ranger. That said I won't be surprised if next game he goes back to turning it over in his own zone at least 2 or 3 times a game. That's just the nature of the beast with this guy.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 08:53 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

i feel so sorry for the guy. I cant imagine how embarrassing and discouraging it must feel to get booed by 18.200 people, especially when you dont deserve it.
Get on the guys that are actually playing like horse manure. Rozy has been one of our best defenseman for a while now. Him, Staal and MDZ. What does this guy have to do to catch a break from the garden crowd?

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
i feel so sorry for the guy. I cant imagine how embarrassing and discouraging it must feel to get booed by 18.200 people, especially when you dont deserve it.
Get on the guys that are actually playing like horse manure. Rozy has been one of our best defenseman for a while now. Him, Staal and MDZ. What does this guy have to do to catch a break from the garden crowd?
Its not all 18200 that boo him, its just the idiots. Im sure he knows that, it just sucks that he had to be booed even during the jersey retirement ceremony.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 08:26 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

dont like the booing at all. thats just wrong.

however, rozy is still, at best, just ok. since his surgery he hasnt been nearly the same skater. his lack of footspeed kills him. prior to the surgery, he could recover from getting beat and still make the play, now he cannot. his lateral speed is below average and his speed with the puck is laborious. he skates like hes wearing work boots.

hes never been a great decision maker when he has the puck. his pp point work is a great example of hi n ot understanding what to do when he has the puck. he passes when he should shoot, and when he does decide to use his very good shot, he takes a long time to get it off and telegraphs it right into a defenders skate. or shoots high and wide.

he has never been physical in front and hes easliy moved off the puck along the wall.

and he certainly leads the league is looking like a tool when he gets beat. he spins around, stumbles and slides into our net frequently. his dzone mystery passes make you do this alot.

the guy is an average defender. nothing more.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
dont like the booing at all. thats just wrong.

however, rozy is still, at best, just ok. since his surgery he hasnt been nearly the same skater. his lack of footspeed kills him. prior to the surgery, he could recover from getting beat and still make the play, now he cannot. his lateral speed is below average and his speed with the puck is laborious. he skates like hes wearing work boots.

hes never been a great decision maker when he has the puck. his pp point work is a great example of hi n ot understanding what to do when he has the puck. he passes when he should shoot, and when he does decide to use his very good shot, he takes a long time to get it off and telegraphs it right into a defenders skate. or shoots high and wide.

he has never been physical in front and hes easliy moved off the puck along the wall.

and he certainly leads the league is looking like a tool when he gets beat. he spins around, stumbles and slides into our net frequently. his dzone mystery passes make you do this alot.

the guy is an average defender. nothing more.
If you had one ounce of objectivity in you, you'd admit that both Roszival's speed and decision making have been MUCH better since the beginning of the season.

I can admit that Lisin has been better as of late.

See? its fun calling it like it is instead of continuing to act on misguided bias.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

He's definitely been better, no doubt about that. He's been very solid defensively, more physical, and has been better with the puck on his stick. Still not at the level he should be, but better.

I hope it raises his value so he can be moved.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He's definitely been better, no doubt about that. He's been very solid defensively, more physical, and has been better with the puck on his stick. Still not at the level he should be, but better.

I agree, but only because Im resigned to the fact Drury and, especially, Redden are unmovable. We need that space somehow and if Rozy needs to be the casualty, then so be it.

Old
01-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Redden could go to the minors, but yeah, Drury is here for good.

But we're in the middle of a midseason playoff race eh? Lets appreciate when player play well and worry about Cap hits in the offseason.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

If you take his body of work as a whole since the surgery... he's been pretty bad.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 09:55 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
If you had one ounce of objectivity in you, you'd admit that both Roszival's speed and decision making have been MUCH better since the beginning of the season.

I can admit that Lisin has been better as of late.

See? its fun calling it like it is instead of continuing to act on misguided bias.
stop. rozy blows. it aint objectivity or lack thereof, its reality. rozy is weak. period. remember, hes making 5 mil to be a dufus out there. he needs to go away.

lisins improved play is 100% based on his being healthy and gaining confidence in the offensive zone. his defensive and physical play has been consistent. hes even on his plus/minus. his effort is always there.

i expect his play to continue to improve as hes showing alot more creativity with the puck and some nice puck handling skills again with his improved health.

he really has played well enough to have scored a few more goals recently. hes shooting the puck once again and as soon as he gets a bit more timing back, we will begin to see that he has a pretty wicked slapshot to along with his speed.

being hurt and being a healthy scratch by coach dumbo hasnt helped but he on the right track.

rozy on the other hand...... i want him to play well, really. thats the best way to get him shipped out.

Old
01-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

I think we all hope for this ha.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 11:42 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Rozy is playing head and shoulders above where he was at the beginning of the season and most of last year. I see no way anyone could argue that point.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:06 PM
bumrusherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Rozy is playing head and shoulders above where he was at the beginning of the season and most of last year. I see no way anyone could argue that point.
It comes down to the money again, like with Redden. Certain guys are being paid to be better than what they are and the majority of fans cant be satisfied with their performance because of that.

Rozie is pretty solid at this point. There is nothing wrong with that but he is getting a lot of money to be more than solid.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
It comes down to the money again, like with Redden. Certain guys are being paid to be better than what they are and the majority of fans cant be satisfied with their performance because of that.

Rozie is pretty solid at this point. There is nothing wrong with that but he is getting a lot of money to be more than solid.
With the way hes been playing lately, his contract isnt too bad. We could certainly live with it if not for much bigger mistakes that led to a terrible cap situation. Defenseman who play 23 minutes a night with a plus rating dont grow on trees.

Roszival is being scapegoated by a portion of the fanbase, and its misguided to a large degree.

Old
01-21-2010, 01:34 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Rozsy is the least of our worries in terms of play. I'm willing to keep him with a 5 cap hit if he plays like this. It's not easy to replace veteran d-men like him.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 01:34 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
With the way hes been playing lately, his contract isnt too bad. We could certainly live with it if not for much bigger mistakes that led to a terrible cap situation. Defenseman who play 23 minutes a night with a plus rating dont grow on trees.

Roszival is being scapegoated by a portion of the fanbase, and its misguided to a large degree.
I agree 1000000000%

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post

The amount a player makes shouldn't change whether or not they are considered to be playing well. Rozsival has played 20+ minutes in 10 of the last 11 games, and is a +2 overall in that time (while only being a minus twice).

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 02:59 PM
bumrusherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
The amount a player makes shouldn't change whether or not they are considered to be playing well. Rozsival has played 20+ minutes in 10 of the last 11 games, and is a +2 overall in that time (while only being a minus twice).
In a perfect world, yes. But when you have a cap, you need to get value for every dollar you spend.

So when you have a player, in Rozie, who has the 19th highest cap number amongst NHL D-Men. It would be nice if he played like the 19th best D-man.
Especially when then 7th highest cap number amongst D-Men is his teammate, who also doesnt play like the 7th best D-Man.

If both players were earning 2 million per. I fully believe that the majority of people would be singing their praises day in and day out...Same with Drury.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Vidic15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Rozsy is the least of our worries in terms of play. I'm willing to keep him with a 5 cap hit if he plays like this. It's not easy to replace veteran d-men like him.
I guess you like mediocrity. With Rosy on the team, he prevents the Rangers from improving in other areas.

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:28 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

this just in.....

ROZSIVAL IS COLD
0 PTS IN LAST 17 GP

imagine that. he plays like 20 min per game and hes ZERO for the last 17.

Old
02-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
this just in.....

ROZSIVAL IS COLD
0 PTS IN LAST 17 GP

Last 18 games:

Staal 8 points
Del Z 5 points
Gilroy 4
Girardi 3 points
Redden 3 points
Rosy 2 points

I think we all already knew this team has trouble scoring.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:48 AM
dethomas07

i think rossi is missing his fellow czechs jagr, straka, even his boy marek malik hahaa which is why hes been playing so crappy.. he'll be traded at least by july 1st just in time for sather to sign some 30+ washed up player out of his prime so next year we'll have someone else to hate on..

dethomas07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:50 AM
pwoz

That $5m should be spent elsewhere. Rozsival is slow, takes lazy penalties, and is still looking for that pass to Jagr.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:51 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

While I have been mad at his play a few times I have never disliked having him on the team.

His only problem is his contract and how it binds up our chances of improving the team by aquiring other players.

If it wasnt for his price tag, which is a little more then his play justifies, and ideally on a champ team he would be a solid 3rd pair or questionable 2nd pair guy. But then there is the price tag senario again. In the cap era his price tag is more in line with your 2nd player on the top pairing which he is not capable of being on a serious team.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
this just in.....

ROZSIVAL IS COLD
0 PTS IN LAST 17 GP

Maybe hes focusing on other parts of his game and its holding his offense back.

Like our good friend Enver Lisin.