HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rangers Need To FINALLY Get Tougher!!

Old
01-21-2010, 11:57 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisb View Post
I think some people are ripping on Girardi a little too much. He has to make a split second decision. Jump in or not. The fight happened so quick. You have 2 points on the line. 1-0. Early in the game. Every point counts. If he jumps in, the rangers most likely play with 5 D-men.

Obviously, its a tough decision, and now, its easy to say that he should have helped out Gaborik. He shouldn't be bashed repeatedly for the mistake. It's over with. Gabby lived, Carcillo arguably lost to Avery, and he'll be getting it the next game we play them.
Girardi deserves all the criticism he's getting.

You just don't let that happen in front of your eyes.

Btw, I wanna say, MAJOR props to Avery tonight.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Crease

Quote:
I think some people are ripping on Girardi a little too much. He has to make a split second decision. Jump in or not. The fight happened so quick. You have 2 points on the line. 1-0. Early in the game. Every point counts. If he jumps in, the rangers most likely play with 5 D-men.

Obviously, its a tough decision, and now, its easy to say that he should have helped out Gaborik. He shouldn't be bashed repeatedly for the mistake. It's over with. Gabby lived, Carcillo arguably lost to Avery, and he'll be getting it the next game we play them.
There's nothing about this current team that would suggest to me that this is true...and that's the problem I have with them.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:04 AM
darrenturcotte#8

This Flyers team has been pulling this crap for years. Remember what they did to Tytuin and Betts??? The next time we play them, the Rangers should call up and dress the biggest bunch of dirt-bags we have. Sign Dan Cloutier for a game and away we go...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:08 AM
eco's bones

Quote:

Maybe so but one way or another Torts is going to have to sit down with Dan--because you can't let anyone tee off on your best player like that. I like Girardi but that just is not acceptable.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:09 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
This Flyers team has been pulling this crap for years. Remember what they did to Tytuin and Betts??? The next time we play them, the Rangers should call up and dress the biggest bunch of dirt-bags we have. Sign Dan Cloutier for a game and away we go...
flyers org. signs dirtbag players who cheapshot, hit high, and hit to injure, then
look the other way.

As long as the league allows it, you have to answer the bell and meet them with the
only brand of justice you can. I thought we signed a capable enforcer, not a healthy
scratch.

This wasn't suppossed to happen to Gaborik with Brashear on the team.
I'm really pissed off right now.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:12 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Honestly I agree with this. I would actually support the idea of calling up Soryal and anyone else and telling the team before hand, "Listen, these two guys are going to go out of their way to blatantly blindside and beat the **** out of Carter and Briere and we're going to have to play shorthanded tonight boys. Let'ts go get um'."

**** the Flyers. I'm not one to complain but they really are the biggest bunch of ****ing ******** ever.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers77

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Maybe so but one way or another Torts is going to have to sit down with Dan--because you can't let anyone tee off on your best player like that. I like Girardi but that just is not acceptable.
I cant believe he didnt try to break it up at least. The one time you want Brashear in the game. I know he'd probably wake up with a migraine but he would have easily beat those dueschbags.

NYRangers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Intimidated players get shut out because they cant get to the net
actually, i thought the rangers got to the net just fine, the problem they had was getting pucks to the net for the guys at the net to do something with it. that is where quicker puck movement, and tipping your hat to the flyers for playing rock solid d comes in.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:14 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers77 View Post
I cant believe he didnt try to break it up at least. The one time you want Brashear in the game. I know he'd probably wake up with a migraine but he would have easily beat those dueschbags.
He hasn't won one a fight all season.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:15 AM
In The Flesh

I've defended Girardi for long enough, I'm done.

Staal is disappointingly soft as well.

Struds would've never ever let that happen, EVER!! I don't care if he sucked, he stuck up for his teammates.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I really wouldn't mind Laraque. He'd sign cheap.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:16 AM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Honestly I agree with this. I would actually support the idea of calling up Soryal and anyone else and telling the team before hand, "Listen, these two guys are going to go out of their way to blatantly blindside and beat the **** out of Carter and Briere and we're going to have to play shorthanded tonight boys. Let'ts go get um'."

**** the Flyers. I'm not one to complain but they really are the biggest bunch of ****ing ******** ever.

Exactly that is the only way the flyers will stop. Next game against the flyers have Brashear cheapshot Briere at the end of the game like he did to Betts last year. They have to go after there skilled players not just fight there goons.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:17 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I'd love Laraque.

Old
01-22-2010, 12:25 AM
ruckus*

It's one thing to be scummy like the Flyers and do what Carcillo did tonight. It's another to answer what was done to you. I would never condone what Carcillo did tonight but the fact that he did it means to me that we need to stoop to that level.

I say this because how else do you stop the practice? It won't stop until Carter and Briere and Gagne are getting beat to **** for no reason and go down to their own goons and say ENOUGH is ENOUGH. Cut the crap I'm sick of answering for you.

It's the only way to get retribution.

Props to Avery for fighting him but their stars need to pay.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:32 AM
In The Flesh

Why Dane Byers isn't with this team is beyond me.

Old
01-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

What we need is Brashear to play in the next flyers game and intentionally injure briere. Not only will we send a message, but brashear will probably get suspended permanently and we can have him off our books.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
While I agree the team needs to be tougher, I think it's the mentality that needs to change more so. Go ahead be like the Flyers get goons like Asham, Laperierre, Hartnell, Carcillo, Cote, then go lose in the playoffs to Pittsburgh and have 10 fights each game.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
He's just as soft and lazy as Brashear. So no thanks... They both used to be intimidating, not anymore.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
He's just as soft and lazy as Brashear. So no thanks... They both used to be intimidating, not anymore.
Why not have both and have a brother connection on the 4th line.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:36 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikSedinFan View Post
You guys need a good middleweight who can play a little and step up into the next weight class if needed.

Guys like Asham, Rypien, Neil, Prust, Clarkson...

The days of the big goon that can't play are over.
I still wish Orr was here. Lots of folks here were glad to see him go, due to his lack of offense. He never really screwed up the team by coughing up the puck over and over again, like some guys named Donald have done.

Rypien is a tough buggar, not sure what his offensive contributions are, but I know he is integral to the Canucks. The main point is that all the guys you point to above are young and can skate. Much as I don't like him, Brashear used to be able to do that, with the stress on 'used to'.

Ott in Dallas is similar. He adds squat to the fortunes of the team. A big dumb@ss player in my view, though I don't exactly watch Dallas games or give a rats @ss about them.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Since when is a goon expected to produce offense?

Being glad one of the best fighters in the league is leaving the team because he failed to produce points is the dumbest thing in the world.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 01:53 AM
trilobyte

To be honest, there is a culture of softness. I really truly see it as a real lack of edge. Edge that forms the team. It is easy to say that it is fat-cat, but I just think it is not enough hardness with the players.

They run roughshod over teams that fold under them, like the way softer Montreal Canadiens and the totally dis-organized Lightning, but they look like a bothersome mosquito to the Flyers, and the Flyers just kept swatting them away.

Really, it's not just lack of effort, though I have seen that.

If the Rangers bring in toughness, I propose they bring in two players at the same time, and never just one. If only one talented player with a track record of tough-nosed play is brought in, he may slip under the waves and be lost forever in the pillowy softness. Perhaps if he has a lifemate, there may be someone to pull him up before all is lost.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:31 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Really you want to go there ? Thanks Torts

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:53 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I agree he looked more than fine in his short call up.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:59 AM
OverTheCap

Those saying that a lack of toughness wasn't one of the reasons we lost the game should read this quote from Gaborik on Zipay's blog:

Quote:
"He got a few shots in on me," said Gaborik. "He's one of those players who runs around and doesn't really care. Avery definitely got back at him. He got me a little bit off my game. We play them six times, every game is a battle against them and that's the way it's going to be the rest of the year."
It's not surprising at all that Gaborik was thrown off his game by a fight. He's only had 1 fight in his career so he probably had zero expectation of fighting.

Bottom line is, Gaborik may never have been in this position if the players on this team were intimidating and tough, or at least had the balls to stand up for their teammates.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote