HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Wilson forcing Kaberle to waive???

Old
01-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Tonka
Diggles

vCash: 500
Truthfully, we cannot be much worse without Tomas Kaberle...I like the guy, but we are at the bottom in the standings...this team has no future to look forward to outside of Nazem Kadri. Time to get rid of Kaberle for a top forward prospect. I want a Kaberle deal that will put us on the winning side...

Last edited by Tonka: 01-20-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Paladin2799

any trade for kaberle would have to include kassian and 2010 first.

Otherwise he doesnt go to buffalo. we can add to our side if the trade needs to be bigger to be more balanced. But without kassian and the 2010 first. its a no go.

Last edited by Paladin2799: 01-20-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

make the trade & Burkie can flip the player(s) to some other team he can rook.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 07:36 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Truthfully, we cannot be much worse without Tomas Kaberle...I like the guy, but we are at the bottom in the standings...this team has no future to look forward to outside of Nazem Kadri. Time to get rid of Kaberle for a top forward prospect. I want a Kaberle deal that will put us on the winning side...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
any trade for kaberle would have to include kassian and 2010 first.

Otherwise he doesnt go to buffalo. we can add to our side if the trade needs to be bigger to be more balanced. But without kassian and the 2010 first. its a no go.
i think we have a lot to get excited about outside of kadri.

i dont think kassian is the player i would try to target as a return for kaberle. i would much rather a package around enroth, stafford, and a 1st. stafford and kulemin are similar imo and enroth looks to be a pretty decent goaltending prospect. with him we can bring joey mac to back up montster or a version of him (biron etc) and let reimer/enroth develop on the marlies just incase the monster isnt so monsterous.

i think if a trade similar to this went through the leafs would look pretty good moving forward.

next season potentially something like....

kulemin bozak kessel
stafford kadri stalberg
poni stajan stempniak
rosehill/blake primeau orr

white schenn
beauch gunnarson
komi finger
oreskovic

monster
1b goalie hopefully

on the farm we still have blacker, hanson, mikus, damigo, d.mitchell, enroth, plus whatever we draft this summer

trade grabs, hagman, mayers, mitchell and anything else not bolted down.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 08:33 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
I believe the GAA of the pk with Gustavsson in net, compared to Toskalas is pretty dramatic, right?
Last I saw they were, but that was before the holidays, before Primeau and Komisarek went down. I expect they're still different, but I'm not sure how much.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 08:59 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post

i dont think kassian is the player i would try to target as a return for kaberle. i would much rather a package around enroth, stafford, and a 1st. stafford and kulemin are similar imo and enroth looks to be a pretty decent goaltending prospect. with him we can bring joey mac to back up montster or a version of him (biron etc) and let reimer/enroth develop on the marlies just incase the monster isnt so monsterous.

i think if a trade similar to this went through the leafs would look pretty good moving forward.

kulemin bozak kessel
stafford kadri stalberg
poni stajan stempniak

white schenn
beauch gunnarson
komi finger
oreskovic

monster
1b goalie hopefully

on the farm we still have blacker, hanson, mikus, damigo, d.mitchell, enroth, plus whatever we draft this summer

With a roster like this exactly how does the PK get better? That whole 3rd line needs to go in favor of more grit and guys who excel in the PK in my opinion

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 09:04 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
With a roster like this exactly how does the PK get better? That whole 3rd line needs to go in favor of more grit and guys who excel in the PK in my opinion
Would not hurt if they were a little cheaper too, the 3rd line that is. Can we have a 3rd line that makes between $8-$10 million dollars?

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Stephen

I wonder if a deal could be struck with Edmonton for Kaberle, reuniting him with Pat Quinn? This would be if Edmonton thinks they can do a quick turnaround. Maybe we could get Patty O'Sullivan or Ales Hemsky and a spare kid or something?

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:15 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post

kulemin bozak kessel
stafford kadri stalberg
poni stajan stempniak

white schenn
beauch gunnarson
komi finger
oreskovic

monster
1b goalie hopefully

you do realize that you have 8 million tied up in our 5/6 dmen right? That's not good cap management. One of the two also have to be moved in the off season. Finger to the AHL or Komi for something good up front. I have way more interest in adding Kassian then I do Stafford also. I wanted him badly last draft and if we could add him through a trade for Kaberle I would be through the roof.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:17 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I wonder if a deal could be struck with Edmonton for Kaberle, reuniting him with Pat Quinn? This would be if Edmonton thinks they can do a quick turnaround. Maybe we could get Patty O'Sullivan or Ales Hemsky and a spare kid or something?
What does Quinn have to do with Kaberle? Why on earth would Edmonton be looking to add? You do realize their behind us in the standings right? Edmonton has zero need for him on their back end.

Old
01-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
What does Quinn have to do with Kaberle? Why on earth would Edmonton be looking to add? You do realize their behind us in the standings right? Edmonton has zero need for him on their back end.
Zero need as in they never need a puck moving defenseman again, or that they are run by hfboard youth zealots or what? Quinn and company didn't move Kaberle for Lecavalier, Lindros and Pronger over the years so he probably holds him in high regard. Rebuilding teams still need vets. The Penguins added Gonchar after they drafted Crosby and Malkin. If they can move out a redundant part i.e. smallish offensive forward for a puck moving QB who is affordable, maybe they do it.

Old
01-21-2010, 11:10 AM
bleeney

I'd be happy for Kaberle if he were moved to a team with a real shot at winning it all. He's a talented, classy guy, and could make a huge difference on a team with a lot of firepower. Imagine him on Washington's PP feeding Ovie, Green, Backstrom, Semin, or with Pittsburgh setting up Crosby, Malkin and Gonchar. Beats the hell out of playing on our PP where, outside of Kessel, he's stuck working with Stempniak, Stajan and Ponikarovsky. Who would you rather be on the ice with?

And from our point of view, it makes sense to move him. He's the only asset we have (besides Schenn and Kadri who aren't going anywhere) that would get us anything significant in return. Our top picks are gone, so outside of the longshot of somehow signing Kovalchuk as a UFA, we have no other way of getting any impact players to play up front with Kessel and Kadri.

Moving him would be good for everyone.

bleeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 11:07 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Zero need as in they never need a puck moving defenseman again, or that they are run by hfboard youth zealots or what? Quinn and company didn't move Kaberle for Lecavalier, Lindros and Pronger over the years so he probably holds him in high regard. Rebuilding teams still need vets. The Penguins added Gonchar after they drafted Crosby and Malkin. If they can move out a redundant part i.e. smallish offensive forward for a puck moving QB who is affordable, maybe they do it.
The deals for Vinnie and Lindros both fell apart because of injury to Antropov. Vinnie broke out while Nik was hurt and the trade was taken off the table. I believe the same happened in the Lindros deal. I don't remember any trade involving Pronger and Kaberle so I can't comment on that. They have a bunch of offensive dmen right now they would be looking for a shutdown guy if anything. That's what I mean by them having no need for him. Your argument for Kaberle going to Edmonton could easily be made in reverse for the leafs. Teams in our position generally aren't looking for high price pieces instead they tend to gear towards youth.

Old
01-21-2010, 11:15 PM
canada52

Quote:
The deals for Vinnie and Lindros both fell apart because of injury to Antropov. Vinnie broke out while Nik was hurt and the trade was taken off the table. I believe the same happened in the Lindros deal. I don't remember any trade involving Pronger and Kaberle so I can't comment on that. They have a bunch of offensive dmen right now they would be looking for a shutdown guy if anything. That's what I mean by them having no need for him. Your argument for Kaberle going to Edmonton could easily be made in reverse for the leafs. Teams in our position generally aren't looking for high price pieces instead they tend to gear towards youth.
The way I remember it, with Lindros, The leafs wouldn't budge from giving up Markov instead of Kaberle and that's why the deal died.

With Pronger, it was Ferguson refusing to add Steen instead of Stajan if I remember correctly

canada52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Stephen

Quote:
In the Leafs case, I would be very happy if we landed a high priced veteran like Kovalchuk. Kaberle, to a lesser extent could help Edmonton.

Old
01-21-2010, 11:23 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Edmonton will be going in a completely different direction. That's a quick fix scenario. I think they're focused more long term than that.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Superstar

Quote:
In the Leafs case, I would be very happy if we landed a high priced veteran like Kovalchuk. Kaberle, to a lesser extent could help Edmonton.
Is Burke talking to Lowe?

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote