HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whose fire sale is the league shopping at?

View Poll Results: Whose fire sale is more alluring?
Canes 32 51.61%
Oilers 30 48.39%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Finger Post

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCiarniello View Post
Edmonton has been one of my more despised teams for a while now. I loved the intensity and spirit our teams would show everytime we faced eachother these past few years, but with Edmonton in the situation they're currently in, I find it really hard to hate the team.
No problem, Oilers fans hate the team plenty enough for all.

I rather doubt the Oilers are too concerned with some of the players. If they find a deal for something they like they might ship off some, but I have a feeling the management will do more selected pruning rather than clearcutting. For example I can easily see Staios being back next year unless they can unload him with someone else, like they did Jason Smith. I am optimistic they are not thinking of turning around the ship in a year and they seem to love the idea of leadership continuity, so I don't see them on fire to just get rid of players that are still pulling plenty of ice time.

Finger Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Oiler Crude
3rd rate fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Whitney, Cullen, Walker, Yelle, Wallin, Alberts will command interest, as they are all pending UFAs. Canes probably won't get much in return, but they can ship out a lot of guys for picks and prospects if they choose to do so.

I don't see the Oilers being able to move more than 1-2 guys (Pisani and Moreau maybe).
^^^ This^^^^

Oiler Crude is offline   Reply With Quote