HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

(#51): 1/21/2010 New York Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers 7:00pm MSG (HD)

Old
01-22-2010, 10:54 AM
NYROrtsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
Torturella has a woody for Brooks going back a long time. But he's in Brooks backyard and needs to understand that Brooks has the first, last and every word in-between. He can speculate and get his side of the story out to readers every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The Ranger (Dis)organization is, with a few exception, a despicable group of characters, from the owner on down to the coach.

Regarding the game, yes, they were beat down by the Flyers, but were still in the game. They put the puck in the net, or get some power-plays for the vigorous physicality exhibited by the Flyers it's a different game.The Flyer style has a short shelf life in the playoffs.
Rangers could pull Brooks' press credentials in a second... And Dolan is crazy enough to do it.

And Brooks has never been in a fight... Torts point there is that it is easy for a bunch of people to sit there and suggest Girardi or other guys do something when they've never been punched in the face.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:06 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
That Brooks may not have experienced a fight firsthand doesn't make his opinion less valid. Particularly when you consider that people such as Matt Barnaby, who has been there before, agree that something should have been done.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

the host's reaction afterwards is PRICELESS !

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Rangers could pull Brooks' press credentials in a second... And Dolan is crazy enough to do it.

And Brooks has never been in a fight... Torts point there is that it is easy for a bunch of people to sit there and suggest Girardi or other guys do something when they've never been punched in the face.
Why would they pull his credentials? PR nightmare right there.

01-22-2010, 12:18 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight85 View Post
I don't agree with that at all, I think it was quite the opposite.

They showed heart last night, Avery going after Carcillo, and Hartnell, Dubi up in the penalty box ready to dive over to the other side.

Voros manning up.

The team played hard.

If anything that game proved the Rangers had some heart and fire.

They lost the game, but they didn't back down, and they didn't go out with a whimper.

They were fighting, sometimes you fight and lose but they fought the fight.

Even down 2-0 they were trying to score a goal down to the last second, this wasn't a team laying down by any stretch.

And as for Gabby getting man handled.

I liked seeing him stick up for himself, that just shows you what the guy was made of.

That was bad though, I would've liked to see someone jump in. But with about five seconds to realize whats going on, and Girardi knowing it would put the team down to five defensemen, and another PK, he was stuck with a hard decision.

He should have jumped in, but he he sounded sorry about it, he knows he was wrong, so you move on.

But no one on the Rangers was gutless last night, that I just don't believe, at all.
Girardi was ****ed either way you look at it. If he jumps in there, early 2nd period, down to 5 dmen in a 1-0 game. Then Philly scores a PP goal to make it 2-0, Rangers D tires out being down to 5 and the Rangers get blown out. Suddenly it's Girardi's fault that all of that happened.

Girardi does what he did and you see the outcome.

Either way, he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

As I said it all comes down to overall team toughness. It should have never ever have gotten to that point to begin with.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:42 PM
94now

I'd rather have Cristensen to be there every Post Game instead of Torts. He would know the answers and he is well mannered. Sure Torts know something Christ don't, but he would never reveal whatever it was anyway. Compare Torts to Ryan and the former would look very pitiful. On the other hand, what would one want Torts to say? That he lost to Laviolette hands down? Man, relax, crack a joke, it's just a game... don't make a war out of it

As for 3rd man in, next time Gabo is attacked the attacker will be crosschecked to the back of the neck. That's my prophecy of the day.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Vidic15

Why is Torts defending Redden? The guy figure skates around the ice earning 6.5mil and we're supposed to be impressed because he lost a fight against a Montreal player on Sunday?

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Dgrohl8

Maloney's Radio Call

After watching last nights game I was going out and on 3 different radio stations heard something about how Maloney flipped out when Carcillo went after Gaborik. I was just wondering if anyone heard it and can tell me what he said? I would assume he went after Carcillo and Girardi because Maloney often brings up team toughness or are lack of it.

Dgrohl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl8 View Post
After watching last nights game I was going out and on 3 different radio stations heard something about how Maloney flipped out when Carcillo went after Gaborik. I was just wondering if anyone heard it and can tell me what he said? I would assume he went after Carcillo and Girardi because Maloney often brings up team toughness or are lack of it.
Hey Everyone, first post.

I was told about what he said and listened a little bit after the Gaborik vs Carcillo incident. He called all flyer fans jackasses for cheering at the replay of Carcillo pounding on Gaborik. He screamed at Girardi for not doing anything and bashed Carcillo. So, you guessed correctly. I actually heard him say Flyer fans would rather see fights than a Stanley cup and need to get that out of their dna. It was actually pretty amazing.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:14 PM
ThisYearsModel

Uh oh. I like Maloney. If Dolan hears about this, he might get canned like Marv Albert did for criticizing the Knicks.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Hey Everyone, first post.

I was told about what he said and listened a little bit after the Gaborik vs Carcillo incident. He called all flyer fans jackasses for cheering at the replay of Carcillo pounding on Gaborik. He screamed at Girardi for not doing anything and bashed Carcillo. So, you guessed correctly. I actually heard him say Flyer fans would rather see fights than a Stanley cup and need to get that out of their dna. It was actually pretty amazing.
First off, welcome aboard !

Now i'm really interested in hearing this.

Dave still has that Ranger inside him, which is cool, but he has to be a bit more objective. Would certain jackass fans at the garden not cheer at replays of Avery beating on Crosby if the situation presented itself?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:22 PM
peacepipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Uh, Torts was saying there's no honor for Carcillo to be picking fights with a non fighter, best offensive threat on the other team.

Not that there's no honor for Gaborik.

Basically he called Carcillo a ****ing ***** for picking a fight with a guy he knew wasn't a fighter. And he's pretty much right.
im sorry but i dont understand how carcillo "picked" this fight. they were both tied up with each other for a bit and were both exchanging shots and then gaborik dropped his gloves and then carcillo dropped his and when that happens players usually engage in something called a fight. Carcillo more often than not fights someone that is bigger and heavier than he is. it just amazes me how much ranger fans are making gaborik look like a complete victim here

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
First off, welcome aboard !

Would certain jackass fans at the garden not cheer at replays of Avery beating on Crosby if the situation presented itself?
I understand this point completely but Gaborik seems like a quiet little hamster who doesn't agitate players for rightful butt kicking. Crosby comes off as a mouthy,whiner that complains every chance he gets. Eh, maybe i'm just biased. So yea, I would love to see Avery beat up Crosby.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:49 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
im sorry but i dont understand how carcillo "picked" this fight. they were both tied up with each other for a bit and were both exchanging shots and then gaborik dropped his gloves and then carcillo dropped his and when that happens players usually engage in something called a fight. Carcillo more often than not fights someone that is bigger and heavier than he is. it just amazes me how much ranger fans are making gaborik look like a complete victim here
Agreed.

Gaborik dropped them first.

It's hilarious how everyone here is complaining so badly about that one incident.

"OMG OMG , GIRARDI DIDNT JUMP IN!!!"

Most of the posters on this board wouldn't even jump in so I don't know why you guys are even criticizing him so much.

Relax. Gaborik is fine. Next time he should turtle if he doesn't want to take shots to the face.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Agreed.

Gaborik dropped them first.

It's hilarious how everyone here is complaining so badly about that one incident.

"OMG OMG , GIRARDI DIDNT JUMP IN!!!"

Most of the posters on this board wouldn't even jump in so I don't know why you guys are even criticizing him so much.

Relax. Gaborik is fine. Next time he should turtle if he doesn't want to take shots to the face.
or not drop the gloves first.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:56 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Uh, Torts was saying there's no honor for Carcillo to be picking fights with a non fighter, best offensive threat on the other team.

Not that there's no honor for Gaborik.

Basically he called Carcillo a ****ing ***** for picking a fight with a guy he knew wasn't a fighter. And he's pretty much right.
except for the part where carcillo picked the fight gabby swung first. either you call him out for dropping the gloves with a guy who isnt on his skill level or you cheer him for demonstrating some much needed team toughness. but ya cant really call a guy out for beating you up after you punched him. thats the definition of whining *****.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote