HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators sign Klein to 3 year, $4.05M extension.

Old
01-22-2010, 02:24 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
yes he does get special treatment and here is why. We are essentially comparing apples and oranges here. Suter's miscues end up in our net about once every month maybe and Klein's miscues end up in our net once every 16 minutes that he is on the ice.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 09:19 AM
utmfisher19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
the Suter goal was different, on a homerun pass.

Klein was between Upshall and the goal twice and didnt put a hand on him.

You guys are delusional. We have 3 more years of this to look forward to.
The first goal was just a sick move by Uppie. Yeah, Klein should have held his ground, but Ellis should not have over-committed either.

On the 2nd goal, Klein actually did take the body (just didn't knock Uppie on his tail), but if you look, Smithson and Boullion were right there and didn't touch him either. 4 v 1 in front of the net and Uppie is the one that gets it and scores. While i don't think Klein is amazing, i don't think he deserves to be a whipping boy either. You aren't going to shut-out opponents every game. Mistakes are going to happen and great plays are going to be made.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:54 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

we are gonna have to agree to disagree, I think he was Klein;s man both times, and I wouldnt argue the point to death if it wasnt the same argument game in and game out.

I think Trotz is trying to cram a square peg in a round hole. Yes he has the illusion of vast improvement because he is getting a ton of ice time. But is it not wierd that he was barely hacking it as a 7th defender/scratch of the night for most of last season and now this year is our #3dman?
He is the Vern Fiddler of our dcorp.

It is what it is, he is here to stay I guess.

Last edited by jstreet: 01-22-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old
01-22-2010, 04:16 PM
jlsg

Klein is far from a top line defenseman, but with any team the drop off in talent from your first pair to even the second pair is usually pretty significant. I don't think it's a matter of Klein's performance as much as the pairing, I just don't know if Hammer with a rookie or Klein with a rookie is a better idea.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 04:21 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
I just don't know if Hammer with a rookie or Klein with a rookie is a better idea.
I dont know why we dont try Franson-Hamhuis, The Cube-Klein for more than 5 minutes.

Old
01-24-2010, 07:25 PM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
I dont know why we dont try Franson-Hamhuis, The Cube-Klein for more than 5 minutes.
Thank you. Agree 100%...but the answer to your question is Trotz.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote