HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lucic + for Kovalchuck

Old
01-22-2010, 02:58 PM
fireworks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggemon Destiny View Post
Yeah that is completely stupid...let's have Carcillo fight Gaborik type players only
All this coming from Lucic brown noser....yikes....
Nobody wants to see Carcillo fight Gaborik...but thanks for your expressing your extreme knowledge of hockey....anyway, Lucic is a big strong checking forward that can fight. I like watching him fight, but it doesn't make sense for Lucic to fight someone like Carcillo or a goon that plays 5-8mins. Lucic is much more valuable staying on the ice and not in the box...

Just thoughts from another Lucic Brown Noser

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Joannie9

If Kovalchuk is signed, it's a good deal ...

Joannie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
UrsusArctos

Quote:
Fixed

OK there jealous guy, back to the basement with ya...phew!...you guys are getting mouldy down there.
Get serious, imagine the collective O face of leaf nation if they landed Looch.

UrsusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:04 PM
LGSens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its77InMyBlood8 View Post
TO ATL
Wideman
Lucic
Krejci

To Boston
Kovvy

OH wait the Bruins don't have a GM with BALLS enough to make this offer.....he is still evaluating
Wow. When people say only on HF Boards, now I know what they mean.

Kovalchuk will be traded. Atlanta wants to move him but it won't be for a sweetheart deal like that. Kings are offering Frolov plus picks/prospects. That is where he wants to go I hear.

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Yeah that is completely stupid...let's have Carcillo fight Gaborik type players only
I don't even know what you are saying here...seriously. You have me confused. Why are you discussing Carcillo and Gaborik?

How many Leafs does he need to put through glass to make you understand his value as a hitter and offensive weapon by putting pressure on defensemen? How many times does he need to make Komisarek look bad by rushing the puck to avoid the hit?

You really aren't making any sense.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Aarex

wait lucic makes 4m per year? lol

I was very jealous of the bruins until i learned that. this will make me sleep better at night.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 04:25 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Lucic at 4mill+ is a liability...might as well use that extra cash towards Kovalchuk
I guess a power forward who scored 42 points as a 21 year old is a liability if he is slightly overpaid.....

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 06:24 PM
BlueCollarHockey

New?

As a Bruins fan, I'm disgusted you'd make this proposal! Wideman in a deal is one thing. Maybe even Krejci in a deal for Kovalchuk...but Lucic too?! ...all for The chance to resign Kovalchuk at a sought out 10-11 M/season!!! I'd love to see Kovy as a Bruin, but not at that expense. The B's should instead seek out more proven veteran depth like Ray Whitney or Robyn Regehr and hang on to the high picks who may be in the NHL soon.

Last edited by BlueCollarHockey: 01-22-2010 at 06:54 PM.
BlueCollarHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworks View Post
I don't mind including Wideman & Krejci, but I don't want anything to do with trading Lucic...Not making this trade has nothing to do with BALLS and everything to do with intelligence. Chiarelli has made some smart moves in my eyes. We need scoring but at what price and we need to lock up Kovalchuk in a long term contract...otherwise no dice.
Tell me why Lucic is rated so highly. Looking at his stats, he seems like a borderline 2nd liner.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 07:09 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Tell me why Lucic is rated so highly. Looking at his stats, he seems like a borderline 2nd liner.
People here do realize that Lucic is only 21...right? I wasn't the biggest fan of the deal (which still hasn't kicked in yet btw...he's making less than $1mil this year), but he's only been legally drinking in the states for about 7 months, so I think it's a bit premature to write him off already.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 07:19 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
TO ATL
Wideman
Lucic
Krejci

To Boston
Kovvy

OH wait the Bruins don't have a GM with BALLS enough to make this offer.....he is still evaluating
For a potential rental? You can't be serious, or you must hate the Bruins........I hate the Bruins, but Lucic AND Krejci would never be packaged together in a trade, let alone for a rental....

sparxx87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 07:31 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
He dropped 42 points in 72 games as a 20 year old last year (basically no PP time). All at 6-4 230lbs with 23 fighting majors in his first two seasons. He's also a devastating hitter. There's a reason he's worshiped in Boston.

Is he overrated by a lot of Bruins fans? Probably. That doesn't change the fact the he's core player with a unique skill set though. Like Bergeron, I'd say he's worth more to the Bruins than he is in a trade.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Yet you completely ignore the most valid point in the post... convenient.

Do you think Yzerman brought him to TC camp because he's a useless goon? Or do you think you're perhaps underrating and over simplifying his value and maybe, just maybe, the guys in charge of running Team Canada know a bit more about hockey then you do.

Don't worry, being a fan of a team that's obviously been jobbed by the Bruins so many times I really don't expect much of an honest, unbiased answer so I'll just say this. Lucic's value to the Bruins goes beyond his fists, the man can play hockey as well and is a great complimentary winger on any line. Folks that can only read a stat line and depend on commentary from folks on TSN to forumlate an opinion like yourself likely wouldn't understand.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Blinny

Quote:
TO ATL
Wideman
Lucic
Krejci

To Boston
Kovvy

Dude really. You took 2 Bruins having rough years and lumped them into an offer for Kovalchuk. Let them get their games back. Krejci is a solid guy. Wideman is have a bad season, very bad at that. But, we need to give these kids a chance to find themselves. Krejci has looked better as of late. And Lucic is the perfect Boston guy. He understands that standing up for you teammates is an essential part of the game.

Blinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Blinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Yet you completely ignore the most valid point in the post... convenient.

Do you think Yzerman brought him to TC camp because he's a useless goon? Or do you think you're perhaps underrating and over simplifying his value and maybe, just maybe, the guys in charge of running Team Canada know a bit more about hockey then you do.

Don't worry, being a fan of a team that's obviously been jobbed by the Bruins so many times I really don't expect much of an honest, unbiased answer so I'll just say this. Lucic's value to the Bruins goes beyond his fists, the man can play hockey as well and is a great complimentary winger on any line. Folks that can only read a stat line and depend on commentary from folks on TSN to forumlate an opinion like yourself likely wouldn't understand.
Sorry about the double post but.............

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER

Blinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:49 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

shtoop

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 06:20 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
TO ATL
Wideman
Lucic
Krejci

To Boston
Kovvy

Imagine if Chiarelli did this deal and Kovalchuk did not re-sign, it would be one of the worst deals in the history of the league.

20 games of Kovalchuk is not worth what you proposed. Not even close.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 06:45 AM
Falconone

Slow down?

While this is just a proposal for discussion vs. something more concrete, I think it's probably worth considering that PC is hardly a guy who makes deals in panic mode. I would be shocked if he were to deal away solid players (and that's what every B's player mentioned is, bad year or no) for a UFA that's likely to be a rental. Just MHO.

Not only is Lucic a fan favorite, but he's "Gallery Gods" type player and should evolve into something more than S. Thornton as he develops.

Yes the B's need player(s) with some scoring touch, but if anyone could have predicted this seasons confluance of things leading to where the B's are now, please call PC he has a job for you.

We all need to relax a bit there is a solid core group of players that probably only need a few assets who know where that "red thing" on the ice is and can find it without a dog. LOL

Remember their respective contributions to the team this season not withstanding, these players are also quality people who for the most part, like Lucic, make contributions to our community beyond entertainment. Just ask the SBYA about Lucic for example.

Just my opinion though, everyone has one.

F1

Falconone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 06:57 AM
bbfan1972
Repeat

Dumbest....proposal......ever.

bbfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Jag68Sid87

I think Waddell would be extremely pleased if Lucic were ever brought into trade discussions. I seriously doubt it's going to happen.

Lucic is one of those players that some people believe is overrated because his stat sheet isn't all that impressive (yet, I mean he's all of 21 years of age!). And yet there would be 29 GMs lined up at the door if he were made available. They must all be idiots, I suppose.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
I dont't now if he have the balls to make it, but we know he have enough brain to don't make it.

Bruinster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 10:28 AM
MacBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarHockey View Post
As a Bruins fan, I'm disgusted you'd make this proposal! Wideman in a deal is one thing. Maybe even Krejci in a deal for Kovalchuk...but Lucic too?! ...all for The chance to resign Kovalchuk at a sought out 10-11 M/season!!! I'd love to see Kovy as a Bruin, but not at that expense. The B's should instead seek out more proven veteran depth like Ray Whitney or Robyn Regehr and hang on to the high picks who may be in the NHL soon.
Yeah what he ^ said !!

MacBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:00 PM
19sharks19

would the bruins ever entertain the thoughts of actually moving Lucic?

Not to any team specific but, just for discussion purposes.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
TO ATL
Wideman
Lucic
Krejci

To Boston
Kovvy

It isn't a GM with balls that will make this trade it is a GM with no brain.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:02 PM
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
would the bruins ever entertain the thoughts of actually moving Lucic?

Not to any team specific but, just for discussion purposes.
For Neeley / PC to move Lucic, it would take a #1 d-man, a top 3 forward, plus a 1st round pick. Not overrating my team's players, just saying it would take a gross overpayment (and not one I would advise my team to make, if I was the one trading for him).

Edit: You'd also have to take Ryder and his contract as well .

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote