HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
  #1
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation
 
TimeZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,212
vCash: 500
RW Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010, 26th overall, Washington)

I've been trying to get some info on this kid but can't find a whole lot. Where is he projected to go? What are his strengths and weaknesses? What kind of potential does this kid have?


Last edited by TimeZone: 01-20-2010 at 03:38 PM.
TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 02:49 PM
  #2
MaxV
Registered User
 
MaxV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
Personally, I think he's underrated. He is among the most talented forwards in this draft.

He could wind up being the best Russian player from this draft, and this draft has plenty of good Russian prospects.

He's fast, very skilled and has both the vision and the shot to be a big-time scorer.

He needs to bulk up a bit, but, being '92 born, he's still very young.

I would say, he'll fall to late-1st-to-early-2nd area, maybe even further, because of "Russian factor" but could be a big-time steal.

He could be either center or winger.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 02:57 PM
  #3
msky
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
fantastic skater with great stickhandling skills and wristshot, surprisingly good on defence very undisciplined and immature

msky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 03:33 PM
  #4
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation
 
TimeZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,212
vCash: 500
Thanks guys.

Russia should have a much better team at the World Juniors next year.

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 06:48 PM
  #5
Harold Druken
Registered User
 
Harold Druken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Personally, I think he's underrated. He is among the most talented forwards in this draft.

He could wind up being the best Russian player from this draft, and this draft has plenty of good Russian prospects.

He's fast, very skilled and has both the vision and the shot to be a big-time scorer.

He needs to bulk up a bit, but, being '92 born, he's still very young.

I would say, he'll fall to late-1st-to-early-2nd area, maybe even further, because of "Russian factor" but could be a big-time steal.

He could be either center or winger.
I agree I think he is the most talented Russian in the draft.

Harold Druken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
  #6
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,414
vCash: 50
Insanely talented, has the ability to dangle, snipe and deal pucks. If he falls to the 2nd round it's a huge steal for the team that picks him IMO, which won't be too hard to accomplish considering he'll likely fall hard because of the Russian factor.

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 11:04 PM
  #7
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation
 
TimeZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,212
vCash: 500
How's his worth ethic? I've heard a scout compare him to Alexander Semin. Would that be a fair comparison?

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 10:22 AM
  #8
DuklaNation
Registered User
 
DuklaNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
I think the Semin comparison was to where he was drafted (2nd round?). Knowing what Semin has turned into he would have went much higher. Kuznetsov is in similar situation.

IMO, he was impressive at the WJC, moreso than Burmistrov or some other russians.

DuklaNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:08 PM
  #9
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,774
vCash: 500
he reminded me of Kovalchuk in the way he shoots and skates.

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 12:28 PM
  #10
Cush
-inator
 
Cush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
I think the Semin comparison was to where he was drafted (2nd round?). Knowing what Semin has turned into he would have went much higher. Kuznetsov is in similar situation.

IMO, he was impressive at the WJC, moreso than Burmistrov or some other russians.
Semin was a 1st rounder, 13th overall

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 03:29 PM
  #11
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Insanely talented, has the ability to dangle, snipe and deal pucks. If he falls to the 2nd round it's a huge steal for the team that picks him IMO, which won't be too hard to accomplish considering he'll likely fall hard because of the Russian factor.
Makes you wonder how many GM's missed a home run and a complete steal because of the "russian factor".

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:09 AM
  #12
DuklaNation
Registered User
 
DuklaNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Semin was a 1st rounder, 13th overall
I actually meant pre-draft ranking where he was lower if my memory is correct. My mistake.

DuklaNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 07:21 AM
  #13
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZone View Post
How's his worth ethic? I've heard a scout compare him to Alexander Semin. Would that be a fair comparison?
Immensely talented and good work ethic, but Kuznetsov can be undisciplined on the ice. He's more than once shown himself to be easily 'baited' into taking dumb penalties, diving, retaliating, etc.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 06:26 PM
  #14
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,023
vCash: 500
In the WJC, he seemed to like to go to the net. I always like that in a player. The announcers mentioned that he's known for going hard to the net. Is that true?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 08:17 PM
  #15
cheesymc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Irvine
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cheesymc
How does he compare to Burmistrov?

I read Burm was the fastest skater, even beating out Hall. I also read from a publication that all Burm has is speed and not much else, but others describing Datsyk in that hes a 2 way player and very skilled.

Now Im curious how Evgeny compares. He sounds slower, but more of a finisher than Burm.

Too bad we dont get to watch some of these games in the US, then we could judge and be scouts ourselves.

cheesymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 10:46 PM
  #16
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesymc View Post
How does he compare to Burmistrov?

I read Burm was the fastest skater, even beating out Hall. I also read from a publication that all Burm has is speed and not much else, but others describing Datsyk in that hes a 2 way player and very skilled.

Now Im curious how Evgeny compares. He sounds slower, but more of a finisher than Burm.

Too bad we dont get to watch some of these games in the US, then we could judge and be scouts ourselves.
Burmistrov is a tad lower overall than Kuznetsov, I personally believe.

Kuznetsov is a smooth skating juggernaut who could seriously do some damage. His hockey sense is right up there with the best of them in this draft. Could work on his positioning a tad. I think him and Burmistrov are just about the same for speed, maybe giving the edge to Burmistrov cuz he is the smaller of the two. As for stickhandling, shooting, and passing, Kuznetsov completely is on another level than Burmistrov. I hate to say that because I think Burmistrov will be the guy to play in the NHL and Kuznetsov may stick in Russia. Kuznetsov has blazing fast hands and can control the puck as if it were attached to his stick. His shot is accurate with a very quick release, and has the ability to set up plays. For the Russians in this draft, I think the will fall past the first round, except for maybe Kabanov and, if he is lucky, Tarasenko. But I would rank the Russian talent like this:

Kabanov
Tarasenko
Kuznetsov
Burmistrov
Galiev


I really hope all of them end up playing in the NHL, because the talent that they bring is at the top of this draft. Going to be really exciting to see what they can do in the NHL when given the opportunity.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:38 AM
  #17
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Europe
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Burmistrov is a tad lower overall than Kuznetsov, I personally believe.

Kuznetsov is a smooth skating juggernaut who could seriously do some damage. His hockey sense is right up there with the best of them in this draft. Could work on his positioning a tad. I think him and Burmistrov are just about the same for speed, maybe giving the edge to Burmistrov cuz he is the smaller of the two. As for stickhandling, shooting, and passing, Kuznetsov completely is on another level than Burmistrov. I hate to say that because I think Burmistrov will be the guy to play in the NHL and Kuznetsov may stick in Russia. Kuznetsov has blazing fast hands and can control the puck as if it were attached to his stick. His shot is accurate with a very quick release, and has the ability to set up plays. For the Russians in this draft, I think the will fall past the first round, except for maybe Kabanov and, if he is lucky, Tarasenko. But I would rank the Russian talent like this:

Kabanov
Tarasenko
Kuznetsov
Burmistrov
Galiev


I really hope all of them end up playing in the NHL, because the talent that they bring is at the top of this draft. Going to be really exciting to see what they can do in the NHL when given the opportunity.
Good post, I agree with everything, only that i'd flip flop Kabanov and Tarasenko, and also Burmistrov and Kuznetsov because, at the end, as far as now, the one with more NHL chances is Alexander. Also Kuznetsov has to play a little bit more disciplinedly.
BTW He scored not long ago his first KHL goal, a gwg one of course

__________________
Алексей Черепанов навсегда в наших сердцах
Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
  #18
Skylimit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
anyone knows if Kuznetsov will play CHL next season?

Kuznetsov better potentiel than Kugryshev?

Skylimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:32 AM
  #19
Jonas1235
Registered User
 
Jonas1235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
I think Atlanta or Phoenix will be teams that take chances on the Russian players with their first round picks, because as of right now, they both have two first round picks.

Jonas1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:15 PM
  #20
McDonaughGirardi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
reading this post makes me want kuznetsov on my team rather than kabanov... there has to be more faults to his game then just undisciplined

McDonaughGirardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:25 PM
  #21
Siberian
Registered User
 
Siberian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Saint Pierre
Country: France
Posts: 3,539
vCash: 500
Kuznetsov is planning to move to NA next year, more likely to play in the CHL I assume.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:32 AM
  #22
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
great prospect. in my point of view he is just right there alongside with Kabanov and Tarasenko.

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 11:17 AM
  #23
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,537
vCash: 500
Anybody know about Kuznetsov's contract with Traktor? is he contracted for the 2010-11 season?

Any info on him would be much appreciated .

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 11:51 AM
  #24
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
Kuznetsov is planning to move to NA next year, more likely to play in the CHL I assume.
i wouldnt be surprised to see end up with the Quebec Rempart

Patrick Roy love russian and he has the money to go after Kuznetsov

to me he's the best russian in the draft. love his skill level

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 03:08 PM
  #25
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
i wouldnt be surprised to see end up with the Quebec Rempart

Patrick Roy love russian and he has the money to go after Kuznetsov

to me he's the best russian in the draft. love his skill level

Maybe, but Kuznetsov will be getting quality minutes in Chelyabinsk next year. There aren't many Russians willing to play in major junior if they are receiving good KHL ice time.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.