HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Isles Lounge VI

Old
01-22-2010, 02:18 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post

Dude something tells me we might be going to far. But this is funny as hell.

Yea man hair pulling is awesome. And biting. As long as shes the right chick of course. If she doesn't like that stuff... time to find a new chick.
I thought the same thing while I was typing. Okay, we are done!

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Strummergas

Quote:

Yea man hair pulling is awesome. And biting. As long as shes the right chick of course. If she doesn't like that stuff... time to find a new chick.
:laugh :

In before the lock!

Strummergas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:32 PM
blinkman360
Norris

If you want to hear some present day rock that is actually pretty good you should listen to Muse. They are one of my favorite bands and have a pretty awesome sound. Knights of Cydonia is one of my all time favorite pump up songs.

Props to the guy who listens to As Tall As Lions too, that is some good stuff. I just found "You Can't Take It With You" laying around in my car and have been getting back into it recently. ATAL, Vampire Weekend and MGMT I've been listening to lately but the latter two are a totally different sound I'm not sure if you'd be into.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:34 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:

WTF? I thought this whole time you were into dudes?...

Old
01-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Check out the band Hella, they have a few instrumental tracks and the vocals are very Mars Volta esque.
Eh, I thought they kinda lost their mojo when they added a vocalist.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Augscura

Are me and 385, and Twine the only metal heads here? Anyone like any sort of Prog/Tech Death bands?

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:16 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Check out the band Hella, they have a few instrumental tracks and the vocals are very Mars Volta esque. Math rock (not metal like Dillinger) band, some of their songs are just great. Math rock and metal is gonna be the best thing to emerge from this period in music. So much talent in these bands.
Mars Volta never grabbed me or either did Coheed & Cambria, what is the definition of "math rock", what bands are considered math rock?

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:18 PM
majormet

Quote:

Hit it hard Fanatic. Hit it hard.

And if you're still not feeling up to it... thats why God created 'girl-on-top'.
Does she climax saying "fanatic"

LOL

Old
01-22-2010, 03:20 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
If you want to hear some present day rock that is actually pretty good you should listen to Muse. They are one of my favorite bands and have a pretty awesome sound. Knights of Cydonia is one of my all time favorite pump up songs.

Props to the guy who listens to As Tall As Lions too, that is some good stuff. I just found "You Can't Take It With You" laying around in my car and have been getting back into it recently. ATAL, Vampire Weekend and MGMT I've been listening to lately but the latter two are a totally different sound I'm not sure if you'd be into.
Well I was the As Tall as Lions guy LOL, and I love the Weezer Blue album, Say it Ain't So is one of those 100 songs I play heavily on the stairclimber, and I do love Muse, they are very good. Mix a lot of sounds together, take a lot of the 80's alt sound and put it into a modern context.

Old
01-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
Does she climax saying "fanatic"

LOL
Maybe with Fanatic.

But when a chick climaxes with me it's more like...

"Oh yea! Give me the long range missile! Let's see how good your aim is! Ohhhhhhhhhhh".

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
hockeygoon15

Did you know...

Hockey has about 49 more minutes of action than your typical football game?
Football games have 11 minutes of action

Quote:
According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

In other words, if you tally up everything that happens between the time the ball is snapped and the play is whistled dead by the officials, there's barely enough time to prepare a hard-boiled egg. In fact, the average telecast devotes 56% more time to showing replays.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoon15 View Post
Did you know...

Hockey has about 49 more minutes of action than your typical football game?
Football games have 11 minutes of action
I knew this.

I'm really not going to get into a debate as to why hockey should be the most popular sport in this country. It's the least popular. That can only lead me to believe we live in a country where people like to be bored.

I love football don't get me wrong. But being at a live NHL game is about as exciting as it gets. I will never understand why it isn't as popular as it should be.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:41 PM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
I knew this.

I'm really not going to get into a debate as to why hockey should be the most popular sport in this country. It's the least popular. That can only lead me to believe we live in a country where people like to be bored.

I love football don't get me wrong. But being at a live NHL game is about as exciting as it gets. I will never understand why it isn't as popular as it should be.
I hear you on this. I've been to a couple of football games and, while I enjoy watching it on TV, sitting there in person you really do get a feel for how little actually goes on.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoon15 View Post
I hear you on this. I've been to a couple of football games and, while I enjoy watching it on TV, sitting there in person you really do get a feel for how little actually goes on.
I won seasons tickets to the Giants on ebay one year and by the 5th game I was giving the tickets away, I was in the end zone and a 2 yard run on the other side of the field seemed like a 20 yard scamper. Plus you can have 35 Richard Park DWI commercials in the amount of dead time.

Old
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Maybe with Fanatic.

But when a chick climaxes with me it's more like...

"Oh yea! Give me the long range missile! Let's see how good your aim is! Ohhhhhhhhhhh".

Mother of God...

Old
01-22-2010, 03:51 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Well I was the As Tall as Lions guy LOL, and I love the Weezer Blue album, Say it Ain't So is one of those 100 songs I play heavily on the stairclimber, and I do love Muse, they are very good. Mix a lot of sounds together, take a lot of the 80's alt sound and put it into a modern context.
Yeah I grew up on Weezer and will always have a soft spot for them, and yeah Blue Album is one of the all time greats. Try listening to Receiving End of Sirens, "The War of All Against All" if you are looking for more workout music. Awesome song and band.

Old
01-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Yeah I grew up on Weezer and will always have a soft spot for them, and yeah Blue Album is one of the all time greats. Try listening to Receiving End of Sirens, "The War of All Against All" if you are looking for more workout music. Awesome song and band.
Love Weezer up until Make Believe. I actually own that one and I can count on one hand how many times I've actually listened to it. Don't even get me started on "The Red Album" or their latest POS.

Strummergas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 04:15 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
Love Weezer up until Make Believe. I actually own that one and I can count on one hand how many times I've actually listened to it. Don't even get me started on "The Red Album" or their latest POS.
Yeah after Pinkerton they started going downhill but honestly that happens with most bands. Sounds start changing and start sounding more poppy/radio friendly. The only band that has consistenly made solid albums IMO is Brand New. At least out of the newer bands. They keep tinkering with their sound but they keep coming out with quality music.

Old
01-22-2010, 04:30 PM
majormet

Quote:
Yeah after Pinkerton they started going downhill but honestly that happens with most bands. Sounds start changing and start sounding more poppy/radio friendly. The only band that has consistenly made solid albums IMO is Brand New. At least out of the newer bands. They keep tinkering with their sound but they keep coming out with quality music.
Most bands run out of ideas after about 3-4 albums, Weezer is very commercial friendly now, but the Blue album is a classic.

Never found Brand New that exciting, but then again they are listenable.

I will try those other recommended bands.

Old
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Most bands run out of ideas after about 3-4 albums, Weezer is very commercial friendly now, but the Blue album is a classic.

Never found Brand New that exciting, but then again they are listenable.

I will try those other recommended bands.
I dunno, I love them. Musically and lyrically, they keep coming out with great ****. Deja Entendu, Devil and God are both awesome albums. Then they came out with Daisy right around the time one of my good friends died of an overdose and one of the songs on the album scaringly resembled the whole situation I was going through. They sing about a lot of ****ed up stuff but I think that's what ultimately attracts me to their music.

Old
01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
the isle revival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augscura View Post
Are me and 385, and Twine the only metal heads here? Anyone like any sort of Prog/Tech Death bands?
Sorry, Deadhead here.

Okay Devils, if you're going to run away with the division title, just go ahead and finish off the Habs in regulation tonight, would you? Okay thanks.

* Small note: Ben Walter making his Devil debut tonight. Hope he does well! Not as well as when we had him in our system, of course.

the isle revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 06:31 PM
hgo

So after you guys watch Conan's last Tonight Show tonight, stay tuned for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to catch a glimpse of some unshaven dude wearing an Islander jersey in the front row. Oh, and because the show was funny tonight (despite what some of you may, for some reason, find hard to believe).

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 08:38 PM
GOLFWANG

love brand new they are amazing

and long island bands are good glassjaw,envy on the coast,as tall as lions,old tbs

weezer is great also and nirvana

30stm like their first cd

GOLFWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 09:48 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzo View Post
So after you guys watch Conan's last Tonight Show tonight, stay tuned for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to catch a glimpse of some unshaven dude wearing an Islander jersey in the front row. Oh, and because the show was funny tonight (despite what some of you may, for some reason, find hard to believe).
So sad. I've DVRed the past two nights and I have it set up for tonight as well because I won't be able to watch live tonight, again. NBC ****ed him pretty bad. Hope he gets a show on Fox.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Hunter07

Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrattzinger View Post
Sorry, Deadhead here.
Sweet, I am seeing Furthur at Cornell on Feb 14th.

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote