HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Isles Lounge VI

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2010, 02:18 PM
  #251
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post


Dude something tells me we might be going to far. But this is funny as hell.

Yea man hair pulling is awesome. And biting. As long as shes the right chick of course. If she doesn't like that stuff... time to find a new chick.
I thought the same thing while I was typing. Okay, we are done!

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:30 PM
  #252
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post


Dude something tells me we might be going to far. But this is funny as hell.

Yea man hair pulling is awesome. And biting. As long as shes the right chick of course. If she doesn't like that stuff... time to find a new chick.
:laugh :

In before the lock!

Strummergas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:32 PM
  #253
blinkman360
Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,700
vCash: 500
If you want to hear some present day rock that is actually pretty good you should listen to Muse. They are one of my favorite bands and have a pretty awesome sound. Knights of Cydonia is one of my all time favorite pump up songs.

Props to the guy who listens to As Tall As Lions too, that is some good stuff. I just found "You Can't Take It With You" laying around in my car and have been getting back into it recently. ATAL, Vampire Weekend and MGMT I've been listening to lately but the latter two are a totally different sound I'm not sure if you'd be into.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:34 PM
  #254
blinkman360
Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post


Dude something tells me we might be going to far. But this is funny as hell.

Yea man hair pulling is awesome. And biting. As long as shes the right chick of course. If she doesn't like that stuff... time to find a new chick.
WTF? I thought this whole time you were into dudes?...

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 02:34 PM
  #255
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Check out the band Hella, they have a few instrumental tracks and the vocals are very Mars Volta esque.
Eh, I thought they kinda lost their mojo when they added a vocalist.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:06 PM
  #256
Augscura
Registered User
 
Augscura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 500
Are me and 385, and Twine the only metal heads here? Anyone like any sort of Prog/Tech Death bands?

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:16 PM
  #257
majormet
Registered User
 
majormet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dix Hills, NY
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Check out the band Hella, they have a few instrumental tracks and the vocals are very Mars Volta esque. Math rock (not metal like Dillinger) band, some of their songs are just great. Math rock and metal is gonna be the best thing to emerge from this period in music. So much talent in these bands.
Mars Volta never grabbed me or either did Coheed & Cambria, what is the definition of "math rock", what bands are considered math rock?

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:18 PM
  #258
majormet
Registered User
 
majormet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dix Hills, NY
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post


Hit it hard Fanatic. Hit it hard.

And if you're still not feeling up to it... thats why God created 'girl-on-top'.
Does she climax saying "fanatic"

LOL

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:20 PM
  #259
majormet
Registered User
 
majormet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dix Hills, NY
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
If you want to hear some present day rock that is actually pretty good you should listen to Muse. They are one of my favorite bands and have a pretty awesome sound. Knights of Cydonia is one of my all time favorite pump up songs.

Props to the guy who listens to As Tall As Lions too, that is some good stuff. I just found "You Can't Take It With You" laying around in my car and have been getting back into it recently. ATAL, Vampire Weekend and MGMT I've been listening to lately but the latter two are a totally different sound I'm not sure if you'd be into.
Well I was the As Tall as Lions guy LOL, and I love the Weezer Blue album, Say it Ain't So is one of those 100 songs I play heavily on the stairclimber, and I do love Muse, they are very good. Mix a lot of sounds together, take a lot of the 80's alt sound and put it into a modern context.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:36 PM
  #260
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!
 
Twine Seeking Missle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Suck-town
Country: United States
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
Does she climax saying "fanatic"

LOL
Maybe with Fanatic.

But when a chick climaxes with me it's more like...

"Oh yea! Give me the long range missile! Let's see how good your aim is! Ohhhhhhhhhhh".


Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
  #261
hockeygoon15
Registered User
 
hockeygoon15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Did you know...

Hockey has about 49 more minutes of action than your typical football game?
Football games have 11 minutes of action

Quote:
According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

In other words, if you tally up everything that happens between the time the ball is snapped and the play is whistled dead by the officials, there's barely enough time to prepare a hard-boiled egg. In fact, the average telecast devotes 56% more time to showing replays.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:39 PM
  #262
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!
 
Twine Seeking Missle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Suck-town
Country: United States
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoon15 View Post
Did you know...

Hockey has about 49 more minutes of action than your typical football game?
Football games have 11 minutes of action
I knew this.

I'm really not going to get into a debate as to why hockey should be the most popular sport in this country. It's the least popular. That can only lead me to believe we live in a country where people like to be bored.

I love football don't get me wrong. But being at a live NHL game is about as exciting as it gets. I will never understand why it isn't as popular as it should be.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:41 PM
  #263
hockeygoon15
Registered User
 
hockeygoon15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
I knew this.

I'm really not going to get into a debate as to why hockey should be the most popular sport in this country. It's the least popular. That can only lead me to believe we live in a country where people like to be bored.

I love football don't get me wrong. But being at a live NHL game is about as exciting as it gets. I will never understand why it isn't as popular as it should be.
I hear you on this. I've been to a couple of football games and, while I enjoy watching it on TV, sitting there in person you really do get a feel for how little actually goes on.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
  #264
majormet
Registered User
 
majormet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dix Hills, NY
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoon15 View Post
I hear you on this. I've been to a couple of football games and, while I enjoy watching it on TV, sitting there in person you really do get a feel for how little actually goes on.
I won seasons tickets to the Giants on ebay one year and by the 5th game I was giving the tickets away, I was in the end zone and a 2 yard run on the other side of the field seemed like a 20 yard scamper. Plus you can have 35 Richard Park DWI commercials in the amount of dead time.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
  #265
blinkman360
Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
Maybe with Fanatic.

But when a chick climaxes with me it's more like...

"Oh yea! Give me the long range missile! Let's see how good your aim is! Ohhhhhhhhhhh".

Mother of God...

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:51 PM
  #266
blinkman360
Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
Well I was the As Tall as Lions guy LOL, and I love the Weezer Blue album, Say it Ain't So is one of those 100 songs I play heavily on the stairclimber, and I do love Muse, they are very good. Mix a lot of sounds together, take a lot of the 80's alt sound and put it into a modern context.
Yeah I grew up on Weezer and will always have a soft spot for them, and yeah Blue Album is one of the all time greats. Try listening to Receiving End of Sirens, "The War of All Against All" if you are looking for more workout music. Awesome song and band.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 03:56 PM
  #267
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Yeah I grew up on Weezer and will always have a soft spot for them, and yeah Blue Album is one of the all time greats. Try listening to Receiving End of Sirens, "The War of All Against All" if you are looking for more workout music. Awesome song and band.
Love Weezer up until Make Believe. I actually own that one and I can count on one hand how many times I've actually listened to it. Don't even get me started on "The Red Album" or their latest POS.

Strummergas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 04:15 PM
  #268
blinkman360
Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
Love Weezer up until Make Believe. I actually own that one and I can count on one hand how many times I've actually listened to it. Don't even get me started on "The Red Album" or their latest POS.
Yeah after Pinkerton they started going downhill but honestly that happens with most bands. Sounds start changing and start sounding more poppy/radio friendly. The only band that has consistenly made solid albums IMO is Brand New. At least out of the newer bands. They keep tinkering with their sound but they keep coming out with quality music.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 04:30 PM
  #269
majormet
Registered User
 
majormet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dix Hills, NY
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Yeah after Pinkerton they started going downhill but honestly that happens with most bands. Sounds start changing and start sounding more poppy/radio friendly. The only band that has consistenly made solid albums IMO is Brand New. At least out of the newer bands. They keep tinkering with their sound but they keep coming out with quality music.
Most bands run out of ideas after about 3-4 albums, Weezer is very commercial friendly now, but the Blue album is a classic.

Never found Brand New that exciting, but then again they are listenable.

I will try those other recommended bands.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
  #270
blinkman360
Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
Most bands run out of ideas after about 3-4 albums, Weezer is very commercial friendly now, but the Blue album is a classic.

Never found Brand New that exciting, but then again they are listenable.

I will try those other recommended bands.
I dunno, I love them. Musically and lyrically, they keep coming out with great ****. Deja Entendu, Devil and God are both awesome albums. Then they came out with Daisy right around the time one of my good friends died of an overdose and one of the songs on the album scaringly resembled the whole situation I was going through. They sing about a lot of ****ed up stuff but I think that's what ultimately attracts me to their music.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
  #271
the isle revival
Registered User
 
the isle revival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: Tibet
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augscura View Post
Are me and 385, and Twine the only metal heads here? Anyone like any sort of Prog/Tech Death bands?
Sorry, Deadhead here.

Okay Devils, if you're going to run away with the division title, just go ahead and finish off the Habs in regulation tonight, would you? Okay thanks.

* Small note: Ben Walter making his Devil debut tonight. Hope he does well! Not as well as when we had him in our system, of course.

the isle revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 06:31 PM
  #272
hgo
Registered User
 
hgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,890
vCash: 500
So after you guys watch Conan's last Tonight Show tonight, stay tuned for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to catch a glimpse of some unshaven dude wearing an Islander jersey in the front row. Oh, and because the show was funny tonight (despite what some of you may, for some reason, find hard to believe).

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 08:38 PM
  #273
GOLFWANG
Registered User
 
GOLFWANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
love brand new they are amazing

and long island bands are good glassjaw,envy on the coast,as tall as lions,old tbs


weezer is great also and nirvana

30stm like their first cd

GOLFWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 09:48 PM
  #274
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 21,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzo View Post
So after you guys watch Conan's last Tonight Show tonight, stay tuned for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to catch a glimpse of some unshaven dude wearing an Islander jersey in the front row. Oh, and because the show was funny tonight (despite what some of you may, for some reason, find hard to believe).
So sad. I've DVRed the past two nights and I have it set up for tonight as well because I won't be able to watch live tonight, again. NBC ****ed him pretty bad. Hope he gets a show on Fox.

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:07 PM
  #275
Hunter07
Registered User
 
Hunter07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,787
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrattzinger View Post
Sorry, Deadhead here.
Sweet, I am seeing Furthur at Cornell on Feb 14th.

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.