HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs pushing for lots of players

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2010, 08:28 AM
  #151
Habs4Life
Registered User
 
Habs4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I think that Dallas is the place where Halak will end up! This is because:

1) Turco is done and they are NOT bringing him back.
2) Dallas and Montreal have a close relationship and the GM's do too.
3) Dallas is looking for a young goalie because the likes of Richard Bachman, Tyler Beskorowany, Matt Climie and Pat McGann are not developed and no where close to the NHL.
Halak+Sergei for Loui Eriksson?

Habs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:30 AM
  #152
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I'm quite happy it's coming from Eklund... it means, it's not about to happen.

...btw, if Gainey trades Halak, it will be the second time that he gets rid of the number 1 goalie to please Price... I sure hope the backup then won't be nhl caliber.
Funny you say that because Cedric Desjardins is burning the AHL, currently ranked top goalie in the league.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:32 AM
  #153
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500


Hai guys, you know what I was thinking!? I've been watching sums of those Minnesoto Wilds games, and I was thinking that that young Latendresse lad might be a great fit for us! Big body presence? Maybe he'll make Lapierre happy? What do you guys think? Guys?

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:33 AM
  #154
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Funny you say that because Cedric Desjardins is burning the AHL, currently ranked top goalie in the league.
Well, let's trade him then, since he could compete with Price for the no1 job...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:35 AM
  #155
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I still think that it will be something like the following:

To Montreal:

Alex Auld + Fabian Brunnstrom

To Dallas:

Jaroslav Halak

_______________________________

To Montreal:

Cam Barker

To Chicago:

Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn

_______________________________

To Montreal:

Andrew Cogliano

To Edmonton:

Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn

_______________________________

To Montreal:

Scott Hartnell

To Philadelphia:

Jaroslav Halak + Matt D'Agostini + 4th round draft pick from Anaheim (Chipchura deal)
I would like the Chicago and Phillie deals...the Edmonton and Dallas ones are overpayment for players not playing very well.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:36 AM
  #156
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
I'm quite happy it's coming from Eklund... it means, it's not about to happen.

...btw, if Gainey trades Halak, it will be the second time that he gets rid of the number 1 goalie to please Price... I sure hope the backup then won't be nhl caliber.
ARE YOU SAYING HUET IS A #1 GOALIE IN THE NHL???

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:37 AM
  #157
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post

Hai guys, you know what I was thinking!? I've been watching sums of those Minnesoto Wilds games, and I was thinking that that young Latendresse lad might be a great fit for us! Big body presence? Maybe he'll make Lapierre happy? What do you guys think? Guys?
No thanks. I'd rather have a big body presence who can skate, who has good hockey sense and can perform on the big stage that is Montreal. His name is Benoit Pouliot and I'd take him any day over 10 Latendresse's.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:41 AM
  #158
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
No thanks. I'd rather have a big body presence who can skate, who has good hockey sense and can perform on the big stage that is Montreal. His name is Benoit Pouliot and I'd take him any day over 10 Latendresse's.
Turn your sarcasm 'o meter on man!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:41 AM
  #159
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
ARE YOU SAYING HUET IS A #1 GOALIE IN THE NHL???
is this a serious question?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:50 AM
  #160
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I still think that it will be something like the following:

To Montreal:
Alex Auld + Fabian Brunnstrom

To Dallas:
Jaroslav Halak

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Cam Barker

To Chicago:
Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Andrew Cogliano

To Edmonton:
Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Scott Hartnell

To Philadelphia:
Jaroslav Halak + Matt D'Agostini + 4th round draft pick from Anaheim (Chipchura deal)
For me to be happy with the return for our best goaltender right now, capable of being #1 on most teams:

To Montreal:
James Neal + Marty Turco + Maxime Fortunus + Jeff Woywitka

To Dallas:
Jaroslav Halak + Jaroslav Spacek + Matt D'Agostini + Georges Laraque (if agrees)

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Dustin Byfuglien + Patrick Sharp

To Chicago:
Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn + Matt D'Agostini + Paul Mara

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Dustin Penner + JF Jacques

To Edmonton:
Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn

_______________________________

To Montreal:
John Van Riemsdyk

To Philadelphia:
Jaroslav Halak + 4th round draft pick from Anaheim (Chipchura deal)

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Jeff Carter

To Philadelphia:
Jaroslav Halak + Jaroslav Spacek

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:57 AM
  #161
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
For me to be happy with the return for our best goaltender right now, capable of being #1 on most teams:

To Montreal:
James Neal + Marty Turco + Maxime Fortunus + Jeff Woywitka

To Dallas:
Jaroslav Halak + Jaroslav Spacek + Matt D'Agostini + Georges Laraque (if agrees)

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Dustin Byfuglien + Patrick Sharp

To Chicago:
Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn + Matt D'Agostini + Paul Mara

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Dustin Penner + JF Jacques

To Edmonton:
Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn

_______________________________

To Montreal:
John Van Riemsdyk

To Philadelphia:
Jaroslav Halak + 4th round draft pick from Anaheim (Chipchura deal)

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Jeff Carter

To Philadelphia:
Jaroslav Halak + Jaroslav Spacek
Salary cap says hello ?

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:15 AM
  #162
habspinner
Registered User
 
habspinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
For me to be happy with the return for our best goaltender right now, capable of being #1 on most teams:

To Montreal:
James Neal + Marty Turco + Maxime Fortunus + Jeff Woywitka

To Dallas:
Jaroslav Halak + Jaroslav Spacek + Matt D'Agostini + Georges Laraque (if agrees)

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Dustin Byfuglien + Patrick Sharp

To Chicago:
Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn + Matt D'Agostini + Paul Mara

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Dustin Penner + JF Jacques

To Edmonton:
Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn

_______________________________

To Montreal:
John Van Riemsdyk

To Philadelphia:
Jaroslav Halak + 4th round draft pick from Anaheim (Chipchura deal)

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Jeff Carter

To Philadelphia:
Jaroslav Halak + Jaroslav Spacek
I don't think anyone of those teams does any of those deals.

You guys really have to curb your enthusiasm for our return on Halak, it may not be unbelievable.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:17 AM
  #163
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 500
well eck's still out there, with a .000 batting record

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:19 AM
  #164
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
well eck's still out there, with a .000 batting record
I don't think it's that bad, but he throws alot of stuff out there, and rarely does it stick...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:39 AM
  #165
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I don't think it's that bad, but he throws alot of stuff out there, and rarely does it stick...
Keep in mind how often do trades happen, let alone trades that anyone short of Bob McKenzie call, and the likely hood of them happening.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 10:17 AM
  #166
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
I don't think anyone of those teams does any of those deals.

You guys really have to curb your enthusiasm for our return on Halak, it may not be unbelievable.
But...but...but... Ek said we'd get a lot back in return. Are you implying Mr. Eklund is unreliable?? Heresy I say, HERESY!!

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 11:37 AM
  #167
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
I don't think anyone of those teams does any of those deals.

You guys really have to curb your enthusiasm for our return on Halak, it may not be unbelievable.
Doesn't bother me! I'm not saying Halak has to be traded, I'm stating what type of return it would take from each of the potential trading teams that I would be satisfied with. Truth is, I think we need Jaro a lot, so we need to get a lot to satisfy me, but I'm totally ok with NOT trading him for anything less, and winning games instead.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM
  #168
Marc-E-
Registered User
 
Marc-E-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
I'm starting to think it will be a mistake to trade Halak. Price seems really shaky. I still believe in him, but his performances make me wondering.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 11:46 AM
  #169
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1985-94
Posts: 4,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
But...but...but... Ek said we'd get a lot back in return. Are you implying Mr. Eklund is unreliable?? Heresy I say, HERESY!!
Ok, here's Eklund's thought process.. it's quite simple:

1. Gainey publicly stated he would try to trade Halak, so there is no secret that Halak could be dealt, perhaps soon. Everyone knows this.

2. Eklund targets Habs and their fans for rumors because they are a passionate bunch and will respond to his silly rumors and drive web traffic to his site.

3. Eklund says something like, "And Canadien fans will be happy with the return" to get Habs fans even more excited. This is laughable. Why? Well, in order for him to say "Canadien fans will be happy with the return" means he must have "heard" what the return is, yet he won't go on record saying what the return is. Why? Because he has no clue and he pulls this stuff out of where the sun don't shine.

4. Eklund figures if and when Halak is dealt, because chances are he will be.. but we all know this, then he will claim that "he called the trade." And if the return is a pleasant surprise, he will say "told you so" and if the return is not so good, he will say "the Habs were close to getting so and so but at the last minute the deal fell apart."

5. If Halak is not dealt, Eklund will then lump himself in with everyone else and say "many others and myself thought Halak would be traded".

No matter what Eklund is covered because people continue to give in and listen to his BS. The problem I have with Eklund is that he charges money for his BS.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:13 PM
  #170
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Ok, here's Eklund's thought process.. it's quite simple:

1. Gainey publicly stated he would try to trade Halak, so there is no secret that Halak could be dealt, perhaps soon. Everyone knows this.

2. Eklund targets Habs and their fans for rumors because they are a passionate bunch and will respond to his silly rumors and drive web traffic to his site.

3. Eklund says something like, "And Canadien fans will be happy with the return" to get Habs fans even more excited. This is laughable. Why? Well, in order for him to say "Canadien fans will be happy with the return" means he must have "heard" what the return is, yet he won't go on record saying what the return is. Why? Because he has no clue and he pulls this stuff out of where the sun don't shine.

4. Eklund figures if and when Halak is dealt, because chances are he will be.. but we all know this, then he will claim that "he called the trade." And if the return is a pleasant surprise, he will say "told you so" and if the return is not so good, he will say "the Habs were close to getting so and so but at the last minute the deal fell apart."

5. If Halak is not dealt, Eklund will then lump himself in with everyone else and say "many others and myself thought Halak would be traded".

No matter what Eklund is covered because people continue to give in and listen to his BS. The problem I have with Eklund is that he charges money for his BS.
funny with all HIS contacts, he never broke the BGL story.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:29 PM
  #171
Marc-E-
Registered User
 
Marc-E-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
funny with all HIS contacts, he never broke the BGL story.
Well, the fact is that he doesn't have any sources from here

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:34 PM
  #172
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,976
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
The problem I have with Eklund is that he charges money for his BS.
He's not forcing you to pay though. I mean, to be upset at this but yet not care what he says is an oxymoron. Why does it piss you off if you don't believe what he says anyways?

It doesn't bother me at all because I simply never visit his website and tend to tune out to what he says. However, I do praise the guy because no matter how wrong he is most of the time, people are still bringing his articles onto these boards and discussing them.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:42 PM
  #173
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I'm quite happy it's coming from Eklund... it means, it's not about to happen.

...btw, if Gainey trades Halak, it will be the second time that he gets rid of the number 1 goalie to please Price... I sure hope the backup then won't be nhl caliber.
lol..I don't think we miss Huet and his .904 save %. The only reason he is getting more games is because Niemi does not have much experience. Huet was not the number 1 last year and he is not even a number 1 this year. The fact that he has 4 shutouts and still struggling to keep his save percentage above .900 shows his lacklusture play this year.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:53 PM
  #174
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
To Montreal:
James Neal + Marty Turco + Maxime Fortunus + Jeff Woywitka

To Dallas:
Jaroslav Halak + Jaroslav Spacek + Matt D'Agostini + Georges Laraque (if agrees)

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Dustin Byfuglien + Patrick Sharp

To Chicago:
Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn + Matt D'Agostini + Paul Mara

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Dustin Penner + JF Jacques

To Edmonton:
Jaroslav Halak + Sergei Kostitsyn

_______________________________

To Montreal:
John Van Riemsdyk

To Philadelphia:
Jaroslav Halak + 4th round draft pick from Anaheim (Chipchura deal)

_______________________________

To Montreal:
Jeff Carter

To Philadelphia:
Jaroslav Halak + Jaroslav Spacek
Nieuwendyk, Bowman and Holmgren will hang up laughing at your proposals. Before Holmgren hangs up, he'll ask you who the hell is John Van Riemsdyk.

The Edmonton one is possible but two more years of Penner at 4.25M.. ouch.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:54 PM
  #175
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1985-94
Posts: 4,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
He's not forcing you to pay though. I mean, to be upset at this but yet not care what he says is an oxymoron. Why does it piss you off if you don't believe what he says anyways?

It doesn't bother me at all because I simply never visit his website and tend to tune out to what he says. However, I do praise the guy because no matter how wrong he is most of the time, people are still bringing his articles onto these boards and discussing them.
I have never and will never pay a penny for Eklund's trash. However, I do have a problem with people being lied to and taken advantage of. That is just me and it extends beyond hockey rumors.

Eklund is capitalizing on people's naivety.. he is a BS artist. If you praise that, then that speaks volumes of who you are.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.