HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs pushing for lots of players

Old
01-23-2010, 01:59 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
The problem I have with Eklund is that he charges money for his BS.
Why though? You're not going to pay so why should you even care if others pay? I'm not going to pay to read his blog but if people out there want to pay to read bogus rumors that's their decision and no concern of mine...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Why though? You're not going to pay so why should you even care if others pay? I'm not going to pay to read his blog but if people out there want to pay to read bogus rumors that's their decision and no concern of mine...
I don't have a problem with people paying, as in "paying for a service." My problem is with Eklund being a BS artist. I have a problem with BS artists in general.

Edit: My other problem is.. I can avoid Eklund's BS blog all I want, but when a quality site like HFBoards turns into an "Eklund forum" it becomes a huge annoyance. Meaning, the only alternative for fans of HFBoards is to stay clear of these forums too? That should not be the case.

Boxscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
To Montreal:

Kovalchuck

To Atlanta:

AK
SK
Hamrlik
PK Subban
1st?

Is that even enough? Hypothetically, if we didn't sign him after giving all that then we're screwed...but it wont happen anyway.
He wouldn't sign with Montreal anyway....unless he is an idiot. Why wouldn't he just wait until free agency, wait for offers, and pick the team / contract he likes best. I am sure Pleks will do this as well....unless Bob signs him in the next month or so, which looks unlikely.

Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't have a problem with people paying, as in "paying for a service." My problem is with Eklund being a BS artist. I have a problem with BS artists in general.

Edit: My other problem is.. I can avoid Eklund's BS blog all I want, but when a quality site like HFBoards turns into an "Eklund forum" it becomes a huge annoyance. Meaning, the only alternative for fans of HFBoards is to stay clear of these forums too? That should not be the case.
Or you could ignore the threads that have "Eklund" as the prefix. Just a thought.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Or you could ignore the threads that have "Eklund" as the prefix. Just a thought.
Serious question, is there a way I can automatically do this so they don't even show up in my view? Or do you mean, I should just trying to look past them?

Boxscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
I have never and will never pay a penny for Eklund's trash. However, I do have a problem with people being lied to and taken advantage of. That is just me and it extends beyond hockey rumors.

Eklund is capitalizing on people's naivety.. he is a BS artist. If you praise that, then that speaks volumes of who you are.
How is he taking advantage? If people don't believe him, they don't pay. He even states that he's not always right and they he lists possible rumors and not "actual events that WILL happen."

You can't blame people's stupidity and careless money spending habits on someone with a website.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Serious question, is there a way I can automatically do this so they don't even show up in my view? Or do you mean, I should just trying to look past them?
Good question, yes there is a way to remove threads if they have no interest to you.

You can follow these steps.

1. To the right of the thread title you will see an X. Left click on it.
2. A box will appear asking "Are you sure you want to ignore this thread?"
3. Click "OK" and the thread will disappear from your view.

Old
01-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Good question, yes there is a way to remove threads if they have no interest to you.

Is there a way though, where you can maybe type in a word like "Eklund" and all future threads made will not appear because of the magic word being in them? That would work well for me and "tank".

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:18 PM
sheed36

Quote:

Why don't you just choose the "ignore thread" option when you see a Eklund thread here on HF?

Fact is for some reason Eklund is considered a credible source here and since it is a hockey discussion forum people here discuss what the guy writes about...The majority here know it is mostly BS but it is still interesting to discuss for many here...

Really there is no need to stay clear of the forums because of some threads you don't like...Just choose to ignore or don't participate in the threads you don't want to see here..Different people like to discuss different things and who am I to tell them to stop discussing things because I necessarily don't like the topic...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Is there a way though, where you can maybe type in a word like "Eklund" and all future threads made will not appear because of the magic word being in them? That would work well for me and "tank".
Unfortunately no, but that would be a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Why don't you just choose the "ignore thread" option when you see a Eklund thread here on HF?

Fact is for some reason Eklund is considered a credible source here and since it is a hockey discussion forum people here discuss what the guy writes about...The majority here know it is mostly BS but it is still interesting to discuss for many here...

Really there is no need to stay clear of the forums because of some threads you don't like...Just choose to ignore or don't participate in the threads you don't want to see here..Different people like to discuss different things and who am I to tell them to stop discussing things because I necessarily don't like the topic...
Not everyone knows about the "ignore" function.

Old
01-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Serious HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post

Hai guys, you know what I was thinking!? I've been watching sums of those Minnesoto Wilds games, and I was thinking that that young Latendresse lad might be a great fit for us! Big body presence? Maybe he'll make Lapierre happy? What do you guys think? Guys?

I wuz watchin dose gamez too! His hatty makes me happy. But I'd rather BEN P FOR THE C TBH

Serious HABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:22 PM
sampollock

Quote:
I have never and will never pay a penny for Eklund's trash. However, I do have a problem with people being lied to and taken advantage of. That is just me and it extends beyond hockey rumors.

Eklund is capitalizing on people's naivety.. he is a BS artist. If you praise that, then that speaks volumes of who you are.
i guess there is not rumor police

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:29 PM
sampollock

funny halak is playing tonite agaisnt the rangers, and yet, according to the wizard, the other nite, was his last game

give it up,

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Habs4Life

Quote:

Excellent case and point sir!

Habs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:33 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
funny halak is playing tonite agaisnt the rangers, and yet, according to the wizard, the other nite, was his last game

give it up,
His sources confused him. He thought they said NEW Jersey while it was really NEW York. E5

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Habs4Life

Quote:

Is there a way to ignore specific posts containing the word Eklund? Because it is just not necessarily threads that are marked Eklund that are the issue it's the posts themselves that show in threads that are not Eklund related. See how a high quality board like this can be ruined by a monster like him

Habs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post

give it up,
Not true. Just to be sure he could have a chance to be right he said "his last OR ONE OF HIS LAST" games in Montreal. Didn't know you could have 50 last games....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
Is there a way to ignore specific posts containing the word Eklund? Because it is just not necessarily threads that are marked Eklund that are the issue it's the posts themselves that show in threads that are not Eklund related. See how a high quality board like this can be ruined by a monster like him
Well I guess it could go as far as having a Eklund sticky (not that it's absolutely necessary but if it has to come to either that or have full of Eklund threads...) and people can totally choose to ignore it with the X Button beside it.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:45 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well I guess it could go as far as having a Eklund sticky (not that it's absolutely necessary but if it has to come to either that or have full of Eklund threads...) and people can totally choose to ignore it with the X Button beside it.
No thanks... if Eklund has his own sticky I want one too

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote