HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

*OT* Limpbizkit Album

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
*OT* Limpbizkit Album

I never thought I'd say this since 3 Dollar Bill Ya'll.. But the new cd is pretty damn good. I really like it. It is a big change from their old heavy rap stuff. It's pretty damn good...

Old
09-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Edge

what? do they sing gospel now?

Old
09-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Skroob*

I dont think i can be your friend anymore, Rev.

Old
09-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
what? do they sing gospel now?
Now THAT would be a site to see.

But no. It's more straight up hard rock with like 2 rap songs out of 16. It's actually really good. Their new guitarist adds a lot to them.

Old
09-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
The new song is actually a step-up from the crap they've put out recently before.

With that said though, I'll never waste my money on a Limp Bizkit album, ever. I call it fake rock

Old
09-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
I dont think i can be your friend anymore, Rev.
I want to shoot myself for liking it also, Matt. I downloaded it last night per request by a friend. Well, I was like "why the **** am I downloading this ****...". I did, and I figured it would suck a LOT.

I was pleasently surprised it wasn't horrible. I mean, it's not at like greatness, but it's like a 7 or 6.5/10. There are some good songs on it. I'd check it out, man. I HATED the single, but now it sounds good O_O...

The rap songs are Red Light-Green Light and Gimme The Mic pretty much. Otherwise it's good. Without those songs, it would've been a lot better but that's why God created the skip button. ^_^

Old
09-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
The new song is actually a step-up from the crap they've put out recently before.

With that said though, I'll never waste my money on a Limp Bizkit album, ever. I call it fake rock
Blah. That's why there are downloading services.

There is a lot of that fake rock stuff. Linkin Park, Seether, Three Days Grace, et all. But this is actually good. I can't believe I'm defending Limp Bizkit. I feel ashamed.

Old
09-22-2003, 04:28 PM
Edge

ah linkin park, masters of the 37 minute album. Well it takes em two years to do 37 minutes so assuming that rate......if they start working on a double album......they'll be done in 8 years. So expect that double release sometime in 2011 or 2012.

Old
09-23-2003, 01:48 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
ah linkin park, masters of the 37 minute album. Well it takes em two years to do 37 minutes so assuming that rate......if they start working on a double album......they'll be done in 8 years. So expect that double release sometime in 2011 or 2012.
The Bizkit album is easily over an hour. There are 16 songs with most of then over 4 minutes. AND you get a free DVD with it. It's actually really impressive. The whole thing...

Old
09-23-2003, 05:05 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
The Bizkit album is easily over an hour. There are 16 songs with most of then over 4 minutes. AND you get a free DVD with it. It's actually really impressive. The whole thing...

hmmm.....I thought you said you downloaded the album......admit it you bought it so you can watch the DVD. Come out of the closet! You know Fred Durst is your hero.... what's next? You gettin the new Backstreet boys album?

Old
09-23-2003, 01:42 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille

The rap songs are Red Light-Green Light and Gimme The Mic pretty much. Otherwise it's good. Without those songs, it would've been a lot better but that's why God created the skip button. ^_^
well, the lyrics cant be any worse than Metallicas recent pile of garbage "My lifestyle determines my death style" WTF is a 'deathstyle'?

"Frantic tick tick tick tick tick tick tock"

some real classic work there, boys.

Old
09-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Edge

Oh yeah and the news years eve show in vegas, their only stop here..... tickets start at 300 bucks.

I'm sorry but ---- metallica at this point.

Its not just one thing but rather a bunch adding up.....i cant stand em anymore.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:54 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
well, the lyrics cant be any worse than Metallicas recent pile of garbage "My lifestyle determines my death style" WTF is a 'deathstyle'?

"Frantic tick tick tick tick tick tick tock"

some real classic work there, boys.
"Classic" Metallica lyrics...

"Bang your head against the stage like you never did before... make it ring, make it bleed, make it really sore..."

:p

Old
09-24-2003, 06:44 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I agree with this....

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...=Ai1ue4jn76wav

Old
09-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I downloaded this thing at lunch and just got through listening to it. If there was any question how much of Limp's sound was a result Wes Borlands musical artistry, the answer is ALL OF IT! This sounds like a bad Staind album. No edge, no anger, no fury, no thrashing guitars, no screaming, nothing but a bunch of ballads and ripped of hooks. The Who cover is flat out ridiculous. If you liked old Limp, you just won't understand what the hell this even is. Not necessarily bad, but nothing noteworthy. Certainly not worth your $12. I doubt I'm even going to waste a blank CD to burn it.

If you are a Wes Borland fan, spend your money on the Underworld soundtrack. He's playing for a band called "The Damning Well" w/ Danny Lohner (NIN), Josh Freese (APC) and Richard Patrick (Filter). He's also working on a new project called "Eat The Day".

Closed Thread