HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ales Kotalik

Old
01-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
if you look at his numbers throughout his career, hes been a reliable 20-20-40 guy....which hes actually roughly on pace for...
I know that. He has always been inconsistent and streaky, averaging 40-50 Points per season.

However the guy has been a grand turnover machine... He plays too careless, IMO. I don't see him back in the lineup anytime soon, If he dosen't concentrate and commit to playing safer and smarter out there.

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:00 PM
lotus

The problem with Kotalik is that he's been brought in as mostly a PP guy and yes he is a huge turnover problem. That's why I'd rather Drury at the point to be totally honest. Drury is MUCH more responsible than Kotalik defensively and his slapper is at the least, above average. Plus he has good hands and will keep the puck in at the blue line.

That said, I'd rather see Staal - MDZ as our top PP d pair and have a total powerplay overhaul that leans away from point shot dependency, but that's another story entirely.

Kotalik said on some Ranger special that he knew he needed to do one aspect of his game better than most others - and that was his shot. Well, that's true. We've seen him walk over the blue line and just rip a shot for a goal, but man does he need to play better 2 way hockey. Having him at the point is a disaster in the making. Other teams know it and they play him so close not to take away the option of his shot but so that when he gets the puck he fumbles it for a breakaway.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 06:29 PM
The Thomas J.*

I hate to give up on the guy, but I think he is done as a Ranger, at least for the for seeable future. I saw a blurb that he has requested a trade or asked to be released to Russia. Too bad to, I love his shot on the PP, but every thing else about his game is way below average.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I saw a blurb that he has requested a trade or asked to be released to Russia.
That was BS... http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...notes-1.811976

Quote:
And Kotalik flat-out denied that he asked for a trade. "No are you serious? I wouldn't hurt the team. I'm just trying to be a good teammate."

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:03 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post

Someone is lying.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:07 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Someone is lying.
Yes, the terrible attempt to create a rumor by that garbage site.

The agent apparently told some guy "Ricky", a guy who works at a store all this inside info. Ya that was really believable.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Would've been MUCH better off giving Zherdev another year OR matching the 4 yr/16M deal Antropov got from Atlanta.

Antropov >>>>> Kotalik

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Would've been MUCH better off giving Zherdev another year OR matching the 4 yr/16M deal Antropov got from Atlanta.

Antropov >>>>> Kotalik
Can't say your wrong. I know it's hindsight but maybe giving into Z's contract demands for just one year wouldn't have been that bad.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:47 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Can't say your wrong. I know it's hindsight but maybe giving into Z's contract demands for just one year wouldn't have been that bad.
I have to disagree on terms, it was foretold

hindsight
One entry found.

Main Entry: hind·sight
Pronunciation: \ˈhīn(d)-ˌsīt\
Function: noun
Date: 1866

: perception of the nature of an event after it has happened

foretell
One entry found.

Main Entry: fore·tell
Pronunciation: \fȯr-ˈtel\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): fore·told \-ˈtōld\; fore·tell·ing
Date: 14th century

: to tell beforehand : predict

— fore·tell·er noun

synonyms foretell, predict, forecast, prophesy, prognosticate mean to tell beforehand. foretell applies to the telling of the coming of a future event by any procedure or any source of information <seers foretold the calamity>. predict commonly implies inference from facts or accepted laws of nature <astronomers predicted an eclipse>. forecast adds the implication of anticipating eventualities and differs from predict in being usually concerned with probabilities rather than certainties <forecast snow>. prophesy connotes inspired or mystic knowledge of the future especially as the fulfilling of divine threats or promises <prophesying a new messiah>. prognosticate is used less often than the other words; it may suggest learned or skilled interpretation, but more often it is simply a colorful substitute for predict or prophesy <prognosticating the future>.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote