HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holy **** we beat NJ!

Old
01-23-2010, 12:30 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
What a wonderful game it was last night. Now if only most of our games were played like this.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:34 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I have no problem with a local kid who plays for the Habs receiving praise IJ. (Great nickname btw ).
My name is our lucky charm

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
My name is our lucky charm
Haha true, hopefully the luck continues tonight.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
You like in New Joysee, should've taken care of him like a man. Punch to the face.
If his son wasn't with him I might have. I honestly couldn't tell if he was drunk or just naturally that annoying and stupid.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
If his son wasn't with him I might have. I honestly couldn't tell if he was drunk or just naturally that annoying and stupid.
It wouldn't have been worth getting into it with a tool like that. My reaction would have been to wait until the end of the game, walk right up to him and say "Good game" with a big ass grin on my face.

Old
01-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
I have no problem with a local kid who plays for the Habs receiving praise IJ. (Great nickname btw ).

My problem with RDS is they gush over opposing teams players because they are French Canadian. When they should be concentrating more on our team. I've lost count at how many times I've heard an RDS announcer drool while talking about an opposing teams "French Canadian" player.
I understand what you mean, but I don't think the Habs suffer from a lack of coverage in this city or from RDS. I like seeing our local players succeed elsewhere, too, and for that to be covered. I don't see what the big deal is in following our team and in following our local players on other teams, too, whether english or french quebecers.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Quote:
It wouldn't have been worth getting into it with a tool like that. My reaction would have been to wait until the end of the game, walk right up to him and say "Good game" with a big ass grin on my face.
Yeah. I was kidding I wouldn't ever resort to a physical confrontation unless he did it first. Mostly I just mocked his continuous annoying heckles with some of my own about his Devils.

Old
01-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Quote:
Where were you seated?
Section 17, row 15, seats 8 and 9. I was there with my wife. My row was pretty much empty. Great game. A section over to my left were the huge group of Habs fans.. they were great. Holding up RDS signs, etc. I think most of them were in love with the Devils dance team though. LOL

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
I understand what you mean, but I don't think the Habs suffer from a lack of coverage in this city or from RDS. I like seeing our local players succeed elsewhere, too, and for that to be covered. I don't see what the big deal is in following our team and in following our local players on other teams, too, whether english or french. quebecers.
No arguments here. I don't mind if players from other teams are mentioned once in awhile. For example, when we played Tampa, there was a lot of talk on RDS about Vinny and St.Louis's absence from the Olympic team. I had no problem with that whatsoever.

It's when the announcers start focusing on the opposing teams French Canadian players, while ignoring our team that irks me a bit.

Old
01-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Classified

Quote:
Did you ever see the video of the guy from Jersey Shore punching the girl in the face? I assume everyone from jersey is like that, he probably would have suckered him then went to an ed hardy guido party where all the guys stand around and put fake tan and bronzer on themselves...

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Now THAT is the exact thing I would have done. Perhaps a tap on the back as well, or would that result in physical provocation and a fight?

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Section 17, row 15, seats 8 and 9. I was there with my wife. My row was pretty much empty. Great game. A section over to my left were the huge group of Habs fans.. they were great. Holding up RDS signs, etc. I think most of them were in love with the Devils dance team though. LOL

Hahaha you saw that? I loved it. Usually the cameras show the dancers head-on but they didn't want to show all the Habs fans, RDS/Habs signs, and Habs flags so the camera guy moved and they were seen from more of a side angle.

Old
01-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Corey

The team the Habs faced were the Devils in name only. Recently they've been pushovers who can't score to save themselves and they've come up with zeros on the power play in their last eight games.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Quote:
Hahaha you saw that? I loved it. Usually the cameras show the dancers head-on but they didn't want to show all the Habs fans, RDS/Habs signs, and Habs flags so the camera guy moved and they were seen from more of a side angle.
Where were your seats? There were some Habs fans on the NJ transit train I took into Newark too. Great showing from Habs fans last night.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
The team the Habs faced were the Devils in name only. Recently they've been pushovers who can't score to save themselves and they've come up with zeros on the power play in their last eight games.
Missing Elias bigtime, that guy is criminally underrated and is NJ's best player after Marty IMO.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Tomorrow: Price or Halak?

Halak is having NJD number.
Halak is now delivering against top teams.

.924 save%: 7th on the league (behind Miller, Vokoun, Nabokov, Howard, Rask and Lundqvist - not a bad crop).
Last 12 games: 8W-3L-1O (.708 is not so bad: .700 WSH, .725 CHI, .731 SJS).

He won in all the 6 games against teams lower than us: TOR, CAR, FLA, FLA, NYI, ATL.

Let me rephrase:
  • Won against all teams that are lower than us;
  • Against the teams better than us (NJD, NJD, NYR, OTT, OTT, BUF), he had 2W-3L-1O.
Bold is OTL, Bold underline is Win.

Basically, he is great most of the time and has a bad game from time to time (once every 6 games):
  • NYR (had problems but whole team collapsed in 2nd and third: last game of Laraque the classy enforcer);
  • BUF (two goals in 8 PP).

For now, this guy is hot.
PROBLEMS against the Rangers? That's your dizzy spin of his inability to stop shots. ONCE every 6 games? He should have lost to the Panthers on the Habs' recent road trip.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 02:41 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Missing Elias bigtime, that guy is criminally underrated and is NJ's best player after Marty IMO.
Parise, Zach?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Where were your seats? There were some Habs fans on the NJ transit train I took into Newark too. Great showing from Habs fans last night.
Basically just above you. I was in 118, but the front row. I loved my seats. They were on the upper, yes, but I was in the front row so I had nobody in front of me and a perfect view. It was such a beautiful arena, and so great to fill it up with Habs fans.

Old
01-23-2010, 03:47 PM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmm. The sun came up this morning as usual. I thought the world was coming to an end, what with Montreal beating Marty in NJ

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Parise, Zach?
Right now Elias in still the better player, dude is so smart. In 2 years Parise will be more seasoned and closer to prime while Elias will be slowing down. All these injuries aren't helping.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:03 PM
E = CH²

Quote:

My problem with RDS is they gush over opposing teams players because they are French Canadian. When they should be concentrating more on our team. I've lost count at how many times I've heard an RDS announcer drool while talking about an opposing teams "French Canadian" player.
It's perfectly normal. People identify with local players. RDS just has the good sense to cash in on that.

What irks me is english canadians who hate on french quebecers because we're proud of our origin and language.

The habs are in Québec and people need to understand that the culture, language and where players come from matters to people.

Quote:
No arguments here. I don't mind if players from other teams are mentioned once in awhile. For example, when we played Tampa, there was a lot of talk on RDS about Vinny and St.Louis's absence from the Olympic team. I had no problem with that whatsoever.

It's when the announcers start focusing on the opposing teams French Canadian players, while ignoring our team that irks me a bit.
The habs getting ignored by the quebec medias ? I can't say I've ever seen that

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:25 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Right now Elias in still the better player, dude is so smart. In 2 years Parise will be more seasoned and closer to prime while Elias will be slowing down. All these injuries aren't helping.
Disagree, Parise is better.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:28 PM
panorama01*

When the RDS crew say "Zack Parise", it sounds quite a bit like "Jacques Parizeau".

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
What irks me is english canadians who hate on french quebecers because we're proud of our origin and language.

The habs are in Québec and people need to understand that the culture, language and where players come from matters to people.
What irks me, are people who want me to acknowledge and care about something that a player can't change/"improve", and doesn't affect the quality of the team even one iota.

Imagine Edmonton being expected/"forced" to scour the families of men working in refineries/oil fields to find the next great personification of their local culture who will represent and be the face of their NHL franchise... it's just as ridiculous.

Actually, before I go out for the night, I'll go one step further into the absurd. Imagine Vancouver felt the pressure to recruit and play the best Chinese player possible (no matter how bad he actually was) to pay homage to all the local Chinese families whose entire history in this country is tied to the building of the railroads. Heck, death-defying slavery is waay worse than the French have ever suffered, and arguably represents the more defining moment in history for either culture in this country (as an aside, any idea how many Chinese people live in Vancouver vs the number of "pure-laine" in Montreal?)

In the end it's absolutely absurd to bring any of this up. It's not against board rules to bring up language/culture because the anglo administration intends to ignore it as best possible. It's because it has absolutely no bearing on how professional sports teams are run and organized in this day and age, whether anyone likes it or not.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 01-23-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
It's perfectly normal. People identify with local players. RDS just has the good sense to cash in on that.

The habs getting ignored by the quebec medias ? I can't say I've ever seen that
I am not anglo, and I am not quebecer, bu I've been here for 20+ years and I bet that the english quebecers don't give a rats ass about the french quebecers being proud or not. We all live in the same province, so what's good for you is good for us, and everyone else.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote