HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Should Girardi have stepped in on the fight

Old
01-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Yes, thats intelligent reasoning.

The only thing Rozsival has done is be a much better hockey player than Girardi.

How you even found a way to bash Rozsival in this "Girardi is a *****" discussion speaks volumes.
The fact you think Rozsival is a much better hockey player than Girardi, says it all.

Go watch tennis. Or Beer Cap flicking.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 05:12 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
After making the thread, I felt bad about calling Girardi out. Because obviously other players were on the ice. Dubinsky tried to get over to help and others were held up. Del Zotto and Girardi were the two that could be held accountable. However, Del Zotto is 19 years old and while I would love to see him jump in there, he can certainly be given a break. Girardi on the other hand skated over like he was going to do something and didn't. Girardi should have known better. He needs to do something in that situation. There's no excuse for it. Del Zotto at least has an excuse of being young and a rookie.
DZ still skated over first and then backed away once the gloves came off.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Don Cherry rips Carcillio and Rangers

Said that Gaborik needs to be applauded for dropping his gloves and standing up fr himself. He says Carcillio violated the code by fighting a non fighting star and that Carcillio is a pest and not a true fighter and proved it. He also called out Torts for going off on Brooks and not his team. He said the Rangers team is wrong for letting this happen

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:19 PM
17futurecap

Pretty much agree on all accounts with Cherry.

Dagoon, love your avatar, Legion of Doom or Road Warriors, What A Rush!!!

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:25 PM
satrabyk

Most of the time Don Cherry is quite arrogant and stubborn, but he has a point i mean Girardi should have got in the middle of that ASAP. Tonight i just saw Girardi watch the new goalie get a face fool of snow and he doesent do nothing down 4-0.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Merged. Doesn't need it's own thread.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Pretty much agree on all accounts with Cherry.

Dagoon, love your avatar, Legion of Doom or Road Warriors, What A Rush!!!
The LOD were great Had the honor of working with them a few times. Hawk beat my butt good lol. For the children the reason I posted this is because Don agreed with like 90% of you. But of course people need to make comments

Old
01-23-2010, 07:37 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
The LOD were great Had the honor of working with them a few times. Hawk beat my butt good lol. For the children the reason I posted this is because Don agreed with like 90% of you. But of course people need to make comments
Dagoon, that is awesome!! I liked Animal better but they were both great. Isn't Hawk's kid play pro football or something like that?

Anyway whether or not Girardi stepped in is made all the worse by the lack of response from this team for the rest of the game. Truly pathetic!!!!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
So,everyone you love is the reason way the Rangers haven't won a Cup in 15 years...you love soft players who don't' want any problems....only problem is that this is hockey... guys fight and pick fights and if you don't have anyone to protect them you...then you have last nights situation on a consistent basis...you can pretend it doesn't exist but it does and it needs to be address.

If McGrattan or even Brashshart was in the lineup...then Carcillo thinks twice because he knows he is going to get beatdown...Carcillo said after the game he knew there was no one on the Rangers who would do anything that could cause him harm
If you're going to rehash about the days of hockey back in 1994 and compare them to now is utterly useless. Yes, the game has changed from 16 years ago.

Secondly: In the lineup is one thing. Being on the ice is another. Gaborik is a 1st liner. Brashear/McGrattan are 4th at best. There is no way they would have even been on the ice when Gabs is there.

...and you know what? It still took until the last minute in the 2nd period to get payback. Everyone on the ice, did nothing. Each player had a chance, and nothing. You're assuming Brashear would have done something, but he has been the most useless person this entire season. I don't think he's even won a fight yet.

Where do you get that I love soft players? Define soft. Callahan, in my opinion, is not a soft player. He is a passionate, workhorse. You want this team to look like the Toronto Mapleleafs? Their entire team is filled with 4th and 3rd liners. Those hard/gritty guys. Look how they're fairing.

And when did I ever say I love soft players?

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Dagoon, that is awesome!! I liked Animal better but they were both great. Isn't Hawk's kid play pro football or something like that?

Anyway whether or not Girardi stepped in is made all the worse by the lack of response from this team for the rest of the game. Truly pathetic!!!!
Animals son is the football player from Ohio state

Old
01-23-2010, 08:21 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Animals son is the football player from Ohio state
Yep, you just confirmed what I seem to remember hearing. Earlier this year I read somewhere that AJ Hawk, who played linebacker for OSU and is now in the NFL, was son of one of the Legion of Doom guys. I wasn't 100% sure but thanks for the help. Thanks!

Old
01-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Dagoon44

James Laurinaitis is his name

Old
01-23-2010, 08:31 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
James Laurinaitis is his name
Thanks for the correction. My memory was fuzzy. I got the right school and right position but wrong player. Again, thanks for clearing that up.

Old
01-23-2010, 10:05 PM
jme42257

Hello friends! Ever since the Carcillo/Gaborik incident, I've been trying to set up the fight on NHL10. Unfortunately for me, every time Carcillo starts to push around Gabby, one of his teammates comes RIGHT over and starts a fight with me. It's a shame that the videogame NYRangers have balls, and the real ones don't.

jme42257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 10:08 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jme42257 View Post
Hello friends! Ever since the Carcillo/Gaborik incident, I've been trying to set up the fight on NHL10. Unfortunately for me, every time Carcillo starts to push around Gabby, one of his teammates comes RIGHT over and starts a fight with me. It's a shame that the videogame NYRangers have balls, and the real ones don't.
Please stop. When your biggest moment as a sports city is a fictional boxer winning, you shouldn't talk.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote