HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty and D'Agostini to Hamilton, Maxwell recalled

Old
01-24-2010, 10:17 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
99.9% sure D'Agostini is on a two-way contract. Waivers has nothing to do with one-way or two-way contracts for young players. I think there is something for veteran players, something to do with $105,000 or something, but I'm not 100% sure there.

Anyway, what's the line-up going to look like next game?

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Pouliot - Gomez - Kostitsyn
Darche - Lapierre - D'Agostini
Bergeron - Metropolit - Moen

??
Yeah, I just looked that up..

Regardless, he has no business in the NHL as a checker... He's top 6 or bust, and our Top 6 is full. So do the kid a service and waive him.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Kafka

Finally! What I can't understand, is why that move hadn't been done previously. I know that team had a lot of injuries, but that is not an excuse IMO for slowering the development of Pacioretty by so many months. This guy is a jewel, and if you don't want to repeat the errors made with Latendresse and a few others before, you got a make sure the guy is ready to step in the NHL when he is ready.

There are a few guys in Hamilton who could have done a similar job during that time.

Anyway, now SK has the opportunity of his life to prove he not only belongs to the NHL, but that he can change a fourth line into a scoring third line.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
99.9% sure D'Agostini is on a two-way contract. Waivers has nothing to do with one-way or two-way contracts for young players. I think there is something for veteran players, something to do with $105,000 or something, but I'm not 100% sure there.

??

the only difference between "1-way" and "2-way" is whether the player receives a lower salary in the AHL. Those on 2-way contracts get less money when in the minors, while those on 1-way contracts receive their full NHL salary regardless of where they are playing. The distinction on waivers depends solely on how long the player has been playing in the NHL; whether he has a 1-way or 2-way deal has no bearing on whether or not he has to clear waivers.

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Good decision.

I like Pacioretty, but it showed he needed more conditioning to his game. This move should be good for his future and maybe next year, or the one after, we could see a new man.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Bacchus1

I little time spent with our AHL coach should get him ready to come up next time there is an injury. Patches probably needs the rest of the season to get his confidence and skills back up to par. Good decision - late, but good.

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Finally! What I can't understand, is why that move hadn't been done previously. I know that team had a lot of injuries, but that is not an excuse IMO for slowering the development of Pacioretty by so many months. This guy is a jewel, and if you don't want to repeat the errors made with Latendresse and a few others before, you got a make sure the guy is ready to step in the NHL when he is ready.

There are a few guys in Hamilton who could have done a similar job during that time.

Anyway, now SK has the opportunity of his life to prove he not only belongs to the NHL, but that he can change a fourth line into a scoring third line.
I laugh everytime I hear this. I don't think all the time in the world in Hamilton would of made Latendresse a better player in Montreal. In fact it might of made him a worse player. He would of score barrels of goals in the AHL without having to do the small things you need to do in the NHL (drive the net, screen goalies, etc)

01-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
the only difference between "1-way" and "2-way" is whether the player receives a lower salary in the AHL. Those on 2-way contracts get less money when in the minors, while those on 1-way contracts receive their full NHL salary regardless of where they are playing. The distinction on waivers depends solely on how long the player has been playing in the NHL; whether he has a 1-way or 2-way deal has no bearing on whether or not he has to clear waivers.
Yeah, I know that. Thanks though.

But I remember hearing something last year about Sanford signing the maximum allowed for something. I just can't seem to remember what that was.

I really wish I could remember. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with $105,000. Maybe Re-Entry waivers.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:30 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
how could RDS write like that? lol
They actually wrote that? It's been changed now but man....talk about a lack of professionalism. I hope he takes this the right way and realizes this might be the best thing for his future.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Bacchus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
The article is already changed.

What is the point of making this about race?
I think that RDS would never write something like this about a struggling Francophone. However, you are right, we shouldn't be talking about race. No matter what, RDS should show more professional journalism, and should be more respectful of others. The kid has done nothing wrong; he is just young.

I don't know how the editors of RDS allowed such bad journalism through ... not even an attempt at being objective.

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:33 AM
PyrettaBlaze

I'm happy. He obviously isn't ready for the NHL yet and spending the rest of the season in Hamilton will only help him.

Next up, D'Agostini.

PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Yeah, I just looked that up..

Regardless, he has no business in the NHL as a checker... He's top 6 or bust, and our Top 6 is full. So do the kid a service and waive him.
I don't think we should waive him. The kid could potentially be a 20-25G sniper. When you look at the way he played when first called up, he's very similar to Pouliot except a little smaller and less physical. But he knew where to position himself and had a very good shot.
I think confidence is the problem with him so far this year. Maybe he didn't come into camp in the best of shapes, but I don't think we waive him to get rid of him.

I know he has to go through them in order to be sent to AHL, but I really hope he doesn't get picked up. I do agree he needs to go down though, and call up certain players depending no what Martin wants to add to his team.
If it's toughness, then call up White or Stewart-Neilson.
If it's solid defensive players, Pyatt or White.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:36 AM
ROEN
@OrenWeizman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Boom, next step, waive D'Agostini
We have to be careful in the way we evaluate D'Agostini
Confidence is a major reason he's having a difficult season, the problem in his case is that he doesn't seem to play well in a plethora of situations, whether with first line guys or even on a 4th line

He doesn't think he can do it

As much as Chipchura and Latendresse both proved to us that the problem was more of a '' philosophical '' issue ( btw, Chipchura is getting massive props by the Anaheim press and coaching staff )

A guy like D'Agostini is just battling to find the strengths in his own game at the NHL level and that can be bad bad news

He might fade out and land somewhere in Europe

Or he might click and for anyone who saw him in the AHL, he is a freakishly dominant guy when the marbles when the marbles line up

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Strange move, I think. Yes, it will be for best to Pacioretty, but without him, D'Agostini will take the spot and we have now only 11 forwards...

Trade brewing???
Maybe Mara is coming back, or ideally AKost, and with Darche playing well someone must go. Though the 2D on the 4th line isn't exactly great.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
I think that RDS would never write something like this about a struggling Francophone. However, you are right, we shouldn't be talking about race. No matter what, RDS should show more professional journalism, and should be more respectful of others. The kid has done nothing wrong; he is just young.

I don't know how the editors of RDS allowed such bad journalism through ... not even an attempt at being objective.
Because they're just as bad as the ''journalists'' there.
Anybody with an ounce of professionalism would fire most of the employees of RDS. By most I mean 99%.

Old
01-24-2010, 10:44 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Honestly, I'm glad. I was worried this guy was going to get majorly injured. He gets ROCKED at least once a game. He needs to work on his positioning and on being aware of his surroundings.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I laugh everytime I hear this. I don't think all the time in the world in Hamilton would of made Latendresse a better player in Montreal. In fact it might of made him a worse player. He would of score barrels of goals in the AHL without having to do the small things you need to do in the NHL (drive the net, screen goalies, etc)
Darz, your opinion is not better than mine. Guys like Getzlaf or Perry dominated in the AHl before being brought with the big club. I don't know if you have experienced that during your life, but when you dominate at one level and you are brought to a higher level, you have a confidence that makes it easier for you to adapt to the new situation.

Patioretti might even help to get Maxwell back on track, and both could be available assets for this team as fast as in two months.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think we should waive him. The kid could potentially be a 20-25G sniper. When you look at the way he played when first called up, he's very similar to Pouliot except a little smaller and less physical. But he knew where to position himself and had a very good shot.
I think confidence is the problem with him so far this year. Maybe he didn't come into camp in the best of shapes, but I don't think we waive him to get rid of him.

I know he has to go through them in order to be sent to AHL, but I really hope he doesn't get picked up. I do agree he needs to go down though, and call up certain players depending no what Martin wants to add to his team.
If it's toughness, then call up White or Stewart-Neilson.
If it's solid defensive players, Pyatt or White.
Really? I mean, a legit 20 goal scorer (meaning not just once in a career with the right linemate/s)? I certainly don't see it. He's worth hanging on to as an extra $0.5M spare part (instead of just letting him walk or waiving him), but I don't think he has anyone fooled into thinking he's even suited to full-time NHL duties that require scoring, let alone a safe bet as anything over a 10 (maybe 15) goal plug in a lineup of any calibre. He certainly isn't going to be in Montreal's top 6 at any time in the future, so he better turn in some of that "scoring touch" you see for more of what's needed on bottom lines in the NHL.

Put simply, a player of his mediocre calibre can't afford to become completely invisible/a "liability" during long stretches where he is snake-bitten in the goal-scoring department.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:03 AM
eddy

Good move, hoping this would happen. He'd benefit from playing top 6 minutes in the A developing his offensive game.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Not a bad thing. He's still young, so i guess Darche is here to stay?

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Good I prefer Darche and Sergei. The sent down will help Pacs confidence .

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Really? I mean, a legit 20 goal scorer (meaning not just once in a career with the right linemate/s)? I certainly don't see it. He's worth hanging on to as an extra $0.5M spare part (instead of just letting him walk or waiving him), but I don't think he has anyone fooled into thinking he's even suited to full-time NHL duties that require scoring, let alone a safe bet as anything over a 10 (maybe 15) goal plug in a lineup of any calibre. He certainly isn't going to be in Montreal's top 6 at any time in the future, so he better turn in some of that "scoring touch" you see for more of what's needed on bottom lines in the NHL.

Put simply, a player of his mediocre calibre can't afford to become completely invisible/a "liability" during long stretches where he is snake-bitten in the goal-scoring department.
Maybe I pushed it a bit for the 25G, but I don't think he's as bad as he has been all year.
He's played poorly with every possible linemate this season.
I wouldn't want to get rid of him just after a season, nor will I only look at that to base my opinion.
Otherwise, we could say Sergei won't be a top 6 and MaxPac will be nothing more than a 4th liner.

I think the kid needs AHL time, build some confidence and work on some things.
He's been nothing more than awful this year, so right now he'd be lucky to reach 5goals.

Time will tell I guess..

Old
01-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Maybe I pushed it a bit for the 25G, but I don't think he's as bad as he has been all year.
He's played poorly with every possible linemate this season.
I wouldn't want to get rid of him just after a season, nor will I only look at that to base my opinion.
Otherwise, we could say Sergei won't be a top 6 and MaxPac will be nothing more than a 4th liner.

I think the kid needs AHL time, build some confidence and work on some things.
He's been nothing more than awful this year, so right now he'd be lucky to reach 5goals.

Time will tell I guess..
You're lucky you edited out the part I was going to reply to, because wow. That was really, really far off base from a talent/skill analysis perspective. Calling him a poor man's Michael Ryder would have been much closer to the mark.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post

I though there was a stint of 8 points in 9 games.
Everybody (including me) was raving about him.
He needs to get his confidence back.

lol. thats the strech i meant, i was just exaggerating a bit.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:19 AM
M.C.G. 31
make something up

vCash: 233
Only thing I'm surprised about is that it didn't happen sooner. It's obvious that Max Pacioretty is not NHL ready yet. He has NHL speed, but he's not NHL ready with his skill-set or anything. I'm sure it sucks for him to be up with the big club for about 50 games and then be sent down, but I hope he knows it's what's for the best when it comes to his progress in becoming a better hockey player at this level. Guy Boucher will take care of him.

As for D'Agostini, doubt he gets traded or waived. Can't say I'd be really surprised though if he did, but I doubt he gets traded or waived. I guess this means Mathieu Darche will stay with the big club. I like it!

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:29 AM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
with patches demotion, the habs only have 11 forwards on the roster + MAB as the 12th, with only 21 players on the total roster excluding laraque, im guessing another forward will soon be added to replace patches as i dont see martin wanting to play dagostinin on a 4th line, which i dont blame him...

i wonder who will be brought up?

i just hope we dont see obyrne again up front...

cap10bfl is online now   Reply With Quote