HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LOL Rangers 6-0 SO

Old
01-24-2010, 09:49 AM
linp

vCash: 500
Some random observations:

- Cammalleri has emerged as the leader of the team on and off the ice. The way he lectured Lapierre in front of all the players has made such an impression. He has also demonstrated that he is a money back sniper on the ice.

- The team is much more balanced without BGL and D'Agostini. The defense is getting healthier. Martin can finally enforce his system. We have also reduced the # of penalties in the recent games. It allows Martin to manage the ice time more efficiently and keep everyone fresh.

- The re-energized Lapierre and the addition of Darche has improved our 3rd and 4th line considerably. Hope they can keep it going down the stretch. We need everyone to play up to their potential.

- The last two games, the team is playing with more emergency and with heart. The confidence is growing from the defense out. May be Martin did have a "System" after all.

- Last but not least, Gomez has found his "power forward" in Pouliot, who can finish his passes. We have a combination for years to come.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:19 AM
BLONG7

Didn't see the game, super results though...Did Sergei Kost play?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Didn't see the game, super results though...Did Sergei Kost play?
Yes he did. Looked quite good out there and almost scored the Habs 7th goal near the end of the game.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:26 AM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

I was hoping nort to see deja vu whan it was 5-0

Great game

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:27 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Yes he did. Looked quite good out there and almost scored the Habs 7th goal near the end of the game.
Thanks, good to hear..

Old
01-24-2010, 12:24 PM
NoWhammyCammy*

fans are so blind ... our team is still sucky ... the reason we dominated is because we didn't got pushed around and hit along the boards ... once our players get hit with consistency they back out and we lose the game.

in the playoffs we will get crushed

our 3rd line is garbage except of Moen who can throw a hit ... Lapierre brings nothing new to the table

4th line is abysmal

Our Defence is bad and overpaid except Markov and Gorges ... Hamrlik is WAY overpaid and OVERRATED it's unbeliveable , he needs to go on the deadline to a contending team

Gainey or a NEW GM needs to fix the 3rd line and the defense ASAP !! ... we are a bubble team in the regular season and a soon exit in the playoffs.

NoWhammyCammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 12:27 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

@ 41 seconds

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 12:39 PM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post

@ 41 seconds

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 12:43 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWhammyCammy View Post
fans are so blind ... our team is still sucky ... the reason we dominated is because we didn't got pushed around and hit along the boards ... once our players get hit with consistency they back out and we lose the game.

in the playoffs we will get crushed

our 3rd line is garbage except of Moen who can throw a hit ... Lapierre brings nothing new to the table

4th line is abysmal

Our Defence is bad and overpaid except Markov and Gorges ... Hamrlik is WAY overpaid and OVERRATED it's unbeliveable , he needs to go on the deadline to a contending team

Gainey or a NEW GM needs to fix the 3rd line and the defense ASAP !! ... we are a bubble team in the regular season and a soon exit in the playoffs.
We just beat Jersey, and blew out the Rags, and this is how you react? The thing everyone needs to do is be rational....we are not as bad as you think we are after a couple of losses, and we are not as good as some think we after a couple of wins.......but come on, we beat Jersey in Jersey, and dominated the Rags at home, give the boys some credit...

Old
01-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Thorn

Quote:

@ 41 seconds
Sportsnet always good for a laugh

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:

@ 41 seconds
Classic Torts

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:15 PM
NoWhammyCammy*

Quote:
We just beat Jersey, and blew out the Rags, and this is how you react? The thing everyone needs to do is be rational....we are not as bad as you think we are after a couple of losses, and we are not as good as some think we after a couple of wins.......but come on, we beat Jersey in Jersey, and dominated the Rags at home, give the boys some credit...
It's not because we won 2 games that i'm gonna change my view on the team ... good for them they beat new jersey and rangers ... 2 wins in a row ... that's what we are , a team that will occasionnaly win against good club (new jersey) ... a bubble team , nothing more ...

we are not a last club team but we are not a top 5 team in the conference either .... I want consistency , and it is what the team lacks the most , not because of the TOP 6 players , but because of the bottom 6 that brings absolutely NOTHING except of MOEN ... our defense is overrated except of Markov (number 1 D) and Gorges (5 to 6 D) , the others are playing too much for what they are.

We need New Defense , a real third line and grit players to compete in the playoffs.

I am rational and realistic ... i'm not like other fans that bash the overall team just when they are not winning ... you'll see in 2 weeks , Habs will lose alot again and people will say : "They were so good against Jersey and Rangers , WHAT HAPPENED ?"

I'm not bashing the players , they are trying their best out there ... i'm bashing the organizations , the GM mostly for his bad managing over the years (7 YEARS) ... it is NOT normal that we have 10 new players this years ! it makes no sense !!! Even though the new players produce , it makes NO SENSE !

Everybody is happy because Pouliot , gionta , gomez and cammalleri are producing but our team had the chance to be WAY better if Gainey would have made better decisions over the years ... he chose Koivu over Ribeiro ... lost Souray for nothing , Lost Streit , Lost Komisarek .... lost Robidas, Beauchemin and Hainsey on WAIVERS !! ... he will have to pay Plekanec 5 to 6 million instead of less if he would have decided to re sign him in the summer.

Robidas
Souray
Streit
Komisarek
Hainsey
Beauchemin

6 NHL DEFENSEMAN lost for NOTHING

We should be a top 3 teams in the conference for years to comes if Gainey would have made AT LEAST 1/2 better decisions ... imagine just keeping ROBIDAS and BEAUCHEMIN ... Robidas with Markov , Beauchemin with Gorges ... it's way better than Gill and Spacek !!!!

unnaceptable

Last edited by NoWhammyCammy*: 01-24-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old
01-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Frankenheimer

Quote:

@ 41 seconds
What's funny is how he subtly shifted from "get that thing outta my f-n face" to "please, easy".

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
What's funny is how he subtly shifted from "get that thing outta my f-n face" to "please, easy".
Exactly, that's comedy gold right there, Will Ferrell type of **** right there

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:37 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ho View Post
I still can't believe how this team is a Jeckyl/Hyde team... They can be dominant and totally embarassing... I hope we will see the team we saw tonight more often.

Wow what a game...
I still think it is about familiarity, having so many players coming into and out of the lineup, and so many new faces.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:37 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
It's not because we won 2 games that i'm gonna change my view on the team ... good for them they beat new jersey and rangers ... 2 wins in a row ... that's what we are , a team that will occasionnaly win against good club (new jersey) ... a bubble team , nothing more ...

we are not a last club team but we are not a top 5 team in the conference either .... I want consistency , and it is what the team lacks the most , not because of the TOP 6 players , but because of the bottom 6 that brings absolutely NOTHING except of MOEN ... our defense is overrated except of Markov (number 1 D) and Gorges (5 to 6 D) , the others are playing too much for what they are.

We need New Defense , a real third line and grit players to compete in the playoffs.

I am rational and realistic ... i'm not like other fans that bash the overall team just when they are not winning ... you'll see in 2 weeks , Habs will lose alot again and people will say : "They were so good against Jersey and Rangers , WHAT HAPPENED ?"

I'm not bashing the players , they are trying their best out there ... i'm bashing the organizations , the GM mostly for his bad managing over the years (7 YEARS) ... it is NOT normal that we have 10 new players this years ! it makes no sense !!! Even though the new players produce , it makes NO SENSE !

Everybody is happy because Pouliot , gionta , gomez and cammalleri are producing but our team had the chance to be WAY better if Gainey would have made better decisions over the years ... he chose Koivu over Ribeiro ... lost Souray for nothing , Lost Streit , Lost Komisarek .... lost Robidas, Beauchemin and Hainsey on WAIVERS !! ... he will have to pay Plekanec 5 to 6 million instead of less if he would have decided to re sign him in the summer.

Robidas
Souray
Streit
Komisarek
Hainsey
Beauchemin

We should be a top 3 teams in the conference for years to comes if Gainey would have made AT LEAST made 1/2 better decisions ... imagine just keeping ROBIDAS and BEAUCHEMIN ... Robidas with Markov , Beauchemin with Gorges ... it's way better than Gill and Spacek !!!!

unnaceptable
Every team loses guys for nothing....BG is far from perfect, but he has made both good and bad decisions.......my original post off of yours was about your negativity that's all.

Just curious, did the almighty Lou Lam get anything for Gionta? Did Sutter in Calgary get anything for Cammy? Do you see where I am going with this....what about the Cup champs, did they get anything for Gill, or Buffalo for Spacek....I guess every GM is an idiot like BG....

Old
01-24-2010, 02:43 PM
NoWhammyCammy*

Quote:
Every team loses guys for nothing....BG is far from perfect, but he has made both good and bad decisions.......my original post off of yours was about your negativity that's all.

Just curious, did the almighty Lou Lam get anything for Gionta? Did Sutter in Calgary get anything for Cammy? Do you see where I am going with this....what about the Cup champs, did they get anything for Gill, or Buffalo for Spacek....I guess every GM is an idiot like BG....
I quoted 6 bad mistake on a D point from Gainey ... Spacek is not a mistake for Buffalo and he sucks here at 3.8 MILLION , they have Tyler Myers that is way better and younger than Spacek ... Gill is not a big loss for Pittsburgh they have better young guys coming up on D.

Lou Lam lost Gionta true , Sutter lost Cammy true , they gamble and lost , but that's only 1 mistake, not 10

you saw Lou lam making that much of BIG mistake like Gainey over the years ? I haven't seen that ... and BTW the Devils are still one of the best team in the league. not the Habs

Ribeiro
Robidas (waivers)
Hainsey (waivers)
Beauchemin (waivers
Souray
Streit
Komisarek

that's alot of mistake especially the WAIVERS one and Ribeiro the others he at least tried to re sign them except Streit that impressed me on D after he left but he would have sign for less IF Gainey would have made him an offer ... what do you have now ? MARC ANDRE BERGERON who is garbage on D ... at least Streit is better on Defense and equal on offense

We always bring a downgrade to the team after a bad decision. sick of it

When will the fans stop praising Gainey ? He doesn't deserve it !

Last edited by NoWhammyCammy*: 01-24-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old
01-24-2010, 02:50 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
LOL @ bipolar Habs fans, the same ones that are claiming how good we are tonight, were whining about how we should tank the rest of the season and trade every player that has less than 20 goals.

You know who you are, no need finger pointing !
Hence my user name .

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
I quoted 6 bad mistake on a D point from Gainey ... Spacek is not a mistake for Buffalo and he sucks here at 3.8 MILLION , they have Tyler Myers that is way better and younger than Spacek ... Gill is not a big loss for Pittsburgh they have better young guys coming up on D.

Lou Lam lost Gionta true , Sutter lost Cammy true , they gamble and lost , but that's only 1 mistake, not 10

you saw Lou lam making that much of BIG mistake like Gainey over the years ? I haven't seen that

Ribeiro
Robidas (waivers)
Hainsey (waivers)
Beauchemin (waivers
Souray
Streit
Komisarek

that's alot of mistake especially the WAIVERS one and Ribeiro the others he at least tried to re sign them except Streit that impressed me on D after he left but he would have sign for less IF Gainey would have made him an offer ... what do you have now ? MARC ANDRE BERGERON who is garbage on D ... at least Streit is better on Defense and equal on offense

We always bring a downgrade to the team after a bad decision. sick of it

When will the fans stop praising Gainey ? He doesn't deserve it !
tortorella? the hell are you doin on the habs board, u should be *****in and whining about ur rags, but its cool u like to keep tabs on our habs

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:57 PM
NoWhammyCammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
tortorella? the hell are you doin on the habs board, u should be *****in and whining about ur rags, but its cool u like to keep tabs on our habs
im a habs fan ... being rational and intelligent is hard here

7 years of Gainey , people like mediocrity I guess ... u can't see the real picture ? than keep being happy on our bubble habs team ... you probably never played on a elite level in sport before to be content like that for so long and with such little result

Last edited by NoWhammyCammy*: 01-24-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old
01-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

At the end of the day, the habs won 6-0 but lets not forget halak's play in the first period. I thought the rangers had the better scoring chances at that time and could have easily went into the break with the lead. It could have changed the entire complexion of the game.

On another note, I'm really satisfied with the work ethic in these back to back games. Yes, the habs get pushed around a bit especially in the offensive zone but these metros, cammys, plekys and giontas are pretty damn courageous. Cammy's 2nd goal was all about the smaller habs out competing the bigger rangers all over the boards.

I didnt see any signs of fatigue caused by playing b2b games. That's a reflection of how badly the habs wanted to win and how the habs worked smart for the most part.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
you saw Lou lam making that much of BIG mistake like Gainey over the years ? I haven't seen that

Ribeiro
Robidas (waivers) <-- 7th on the depth chart, and by FAR the worst +/- on the team at the time
Hainsey (waivers) <-- 8th on the depth chart, and less promising at the time than even McDonagh is now.
Beauchemin (waivers) <-- 8th or 9th on the depth chart when a decision had to be made. Wasn't going to take Markov, Brisebois, Rivet, Quintal, Bouillon, Komisarek, or perhaps even Dykhuis' spot the very next year, so who cares if he was better than Patrick Traverse or not. Gamble lost, not mistake made.
Souray <-- probably would have preferred to keep, but not at the asking price. Was also out of management's control as Souray had other reasons for going where he did. Not a mistake, and his injury the following year and recent play suggest/confirm that a term contract at that cost might not have been a smart gamble on Gainey's part
Streit <-- Would you pay MAB $4 mil? I wouldn't. Good on Streit for finding the kind of team that would.
Komisarek <-- Bob played hardball, and lost Komi. Would have preferred to keep him if he was any cheaper, but not exactly a "mistake" financially, as we have a better idea of his individual worth now that he's not paired up with Markov.
Sorry for the lazy insertion of bolded statements. Didn't want to break it all up.

In summary, things you would have done differently =/= mistakes on Gainey's part.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 03:05 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
I see what you're saying about losing players for nothing, but keep in mind WE don't have those good young players ready yet. In stead, we need stop gaps, just like those two teams you mentioned had before THEIR young players were ready. Look at past veterans we've had to use (Traverse, Bouillon, Dykhuis, etc, etc) and all of a sudden guys like Gill, Spacek, Mara, etc don't look too bad.

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 03:13 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:

Robidas
Souray
Streit
Komisarek
Hainsey
Beauchemin

We should be a top 3 teams in the conference for years to comes if Gainey would have made AT LEAST 1/2 better decisions ... imagine just keeping ROBIDAS and BEAUCHEMIN ... Robidas with Markov , Beauchemin with Gorges ... it's way better than Gill and Spacek !!!!

unnaceptable
To be honest your posting is unacceptable. I would still take Koivu over Ribeiro any day of the week. Souray was lost because the team made a push for the playoffs. Gainey offered him a contract and he went for more money in Edmonton and has been totally overpaid for what he brings. Robidas was a sad loss but it has taken some time to reach where he is and nobody thought he would reach this level. Beachemin is totally overrated and as mentioned many time before was lost on a technicality that was closed soon after. Streit was no willing to take the role the team wanted him to play so nothing could be done. As for Hainsey he got the name Hollywood Hainsey for a reason, huge ego and has never lived up to expectation. To this day he is nothing more than an average dman.

Amazing how geniuses like you like to point out the bad, even if not all of that is bad, but does not point out all the good.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
im a habs fan ... being rational and intelligent is hard here

7 years of Gainey , people like mediocrity I guess ... u can't see the real picture ? than keep being happy on our bubble habs team ... you probably never played on a elite level in sport before to be content like that for so long and with such little result
keep trying you're almost there

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote