Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL

Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2005, 11:22 PM
macleafs

vCash: 500
Trade Rumours

Anyone heard any rumours in the WHL about who is going to be traded? When is the deadline?

Old
01-04-2005, 01:28 AM
Hordichuk_24

The trade deadline is January 10th.

Old
01-05-2005, 12:33 PM
CanuckleChucker

Byfuglien of the PG Cougars has been rumoured to be on the block...could be one of the biggests surprises of this years trade deadline if it happens. Of course SC moving Redenbach would be huge too...

Old
01-05-2005, 02:57 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckleChucker
Byfuglien of the PG Cougars has been rumoured to be on the block...could be one of the biggests surprises of this years trade deadline if it happens.
I don't know where you heard that, but it sure wasn't from any source in Prince George. The Cougars won't be trading the WHL Player Of The Month.

So far the Cougars have released Czech defenceman Adam Lukacovic and picked up Czech 20 year-old defenceman Petr Jelinek, who scored 40 points in 59 games with Moose Jaw last season.

Old
01-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Peter

vCash: 50
Medicine Hat Tigers are looking for another defenceman and, if they can get one, another scoring forward. Chris Schlenker, out of Prince Albert, an overage d-man I believe, is said to be one guy the Tigers would like to add for a playoff drive.

Keetley, our back up goalie, is definetly on the market. The place was full of scouts last night as Keetley got a surprise start against the Red Deer Rebels. Tigers won 4-1.

Old
01-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Cobras33

Anybody here where Dustin Slade might end up? I heard that Red Deer & Calgary are in search of a goaltender. Or Regina might send him to Tier 2. anybody hear anything?

Old
01-09-2005, 03:01 PM
flamesfan01800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobras33
Anybody here where Dustin Slade might end up? I heard that Red Deer & Calgary are in search of a goaltender. Or Regina might send him to Tier 2. anybody hear anything?
The Blades possibly? Cyr is 20 and they really do not have a replacement for next year

Old
01-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Lefty

Send a message via ICQ to Lefty Send a message via MSN to Lefty Send a message via Yahoo to Lefty
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan01800
The Blades possibly? Cyr is 20 and they really do not have a replacement for next year
I was hoping so, but with the recent trade with Regina, I doubt it. Likely would have been in the Waschuk deal. I worry about our goaltending situation next season, as it will likely be our biggest fault.

Old
01-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Peter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
I was hoping so, but with the recent trade with Regina, I doubt it. Likely would have been in the Waschuk deal. I worry about our goaltending situation next season, as it will likely be our biggest fault.
Would you do a Dayln Flatt for Matt Keetley trade? Or how about Nicolaus Knudson for Matt Keetley?

Old
01-10-2005, 07:51 AM
flamesfan01800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
Would you do a Dayln Flatt for Matt Keetley trade? Or how about Nicolaus Knudson for Matt Keetley?
I would do that for Knudson not to sure about Flatt he does not look that bad

Old
01-10-2005, 09:03 AM
saskhab

Redenbauch is supposedly the only big name available... the Cougars aren't going deep into the playoffs in Byfuglien's last year, though, so who knows about that situation...

Slade would be a risky pickup for any team looking at a playoff run this year due to his eccentric nature. He's still got 2 years (possibly 3) in the WHL ahead of him, though.

Old
01-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
The thing is, no one knows if it's Byfugliens last year. Really...it all depends on him. If he loses the appropriate weight he could be playing for the Blackhawks farm team. IF he doesn't, and raelly doesn't show the right interest he'll be back playing in the WHL.

That being said, I doubt his trade value is terribly high at the moment as he is struggling with a bit of an abdominol injury that forced him out of the last two games, and he won't be playing tuesday in Vancouver eitehr.

From the Cougs however, Byfuglien and Pogge are your best bets to get traded....although both getting dealt is highly unlikely. Pogge would have value around the league, and Cyr has shown he can play - and play well at that!

Closed Thread