HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes @ Capitals (01/23/10)

Old
01-23-2010, 11:04 PM
NeilYoung

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzel View Post
The Caps' PP is ranked #1 in the league (26%). No other team has scored as many PP goals (51) as Washington. How can the powerplay be much better than the rankings?
PK and powerplay are different things

... read Blubbas post again

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
PK and powerplay are different things

... read Blubbas post again
Aaaahhhhh.... thanks mate.

My bad. Should have *read* the post I commented on more carefully.

So never mind my previous post, please. Thanks.

Matzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzel View Post
Aaaahhhhh.... thanks mate.

My bad. Should have *read* the post I commented on more carefully.

So never mind my previous post, please. Thanks.
Happens to the best of us.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:07 AM
elias

What happened to Aucoin?

sorry, I thought he played 11 minutes

Last edited by elias: 01-24-2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: mistake
elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 04:21 AM
60DegreesIsCold

I don't really get how Korpikoski can have a night like that while 98% of the time, everything impressive he does is on the defensive side (and there's nothing wrong with that)? There are a lot of streaky scorers, but they usually show flashes from time to time. Korpikoski's impressive on the pk, but outside of that, I almost never notice him doing anything special offensively. I don't just mean scoring, I mean creating the chances for scoring, or making nice passes, or whatever. Tonight, he deserved a hat trick. He was fantastic, and he was great the other night he scored too. I'd love it if the coaching staff could get him to perform like this at least semi-regularly. There wasn't a lot of space for him to get the puck in on that first goal, but he found it. Awesome speed as well. He's clearly got the talent; he's just got to use it more often. And I'm not downplaying his good, stable play, I'm just saying that if you're capable of playing a game like he played this one, you can be even more than dependable.

The rest of his line was good too. Great persistence by Mueller on the first goal--he just kept pushing and pushing-- and I believe I may have even seen him aggressively shove someone behind the net after the whistle later in the game. He's definitely playing with more of an edge.

Fiddler is a beast on the pk--that was a great move he pulled on the breakaway, and he had several good chances after that. Neuvirth had to make a terrific save on that one. It's unfortunate how quality defensive forwards get underrated. I hadn't heard a lot about him before he came here, and he's a huge part of the team now.

The Caps announcers were good, and I'm not hugely upset about a loss to Washington. They're one of the top teams in the league, and they beat a lot of good teams. The only problem I had was the parade to the penalty box. Most importantly, I believed they could come back for most of the third period, which is a real improvement over the way things have sometimes been in the past.

Last edited by 60DegreesIsCold: 01-24-2010 at 04:31 AM.
60DegreesIsCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Tom Polakis
W-L-W-L-W-L...

I can't believe anybody cares about how an empty netter was scored. As for the Coyotes during that stretch with the goalie out, I thought they put on some very good pressure, albeit with the usual inability to finish.

A W would have been nice, but the Coyotes competed hard right up to the end.

I also was impressed with the Caps announcers, who obviously did their homework. Less impressed with the camera and directing crew. The shots are all too tight, and they were constantly losing the puck on a hard pass or shot. Just zoom out! Worse, they would cut away during the play to watch something that was going on at the bench. This is not unique to the Caps coverage, and it's another advantage of watching in person.

Tom Polakis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Polakis View Post
I can't believe anybody cares about how an empty netter was scored.
I think it's because we are so inept with out empty net chances.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:14 PM
ssmatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Polakis View Post
I can't believe anybody cares about how an empty netter was scored.
Gotta agree. It's strange how losing can make something so innocuous seem like a big deal. Winning on the other hand, makes it all O.K. I'm pretty sure I saw Scottie doing a bit of picking at the end of Thursday's game. If he had of netted #4 we would not of heard a peep except

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 04:06 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
Gotta agree. It's strange how losing can make something so innocuous seem like a big deal. Winning on the other hand, makes it all O.K. I'm pretty sure I saw Scottie doing a bit of picking at the end of Thursday's game. If he had of netted #4 we would not of heard a peep except
Im not mad im just a little pissed off at ovechkin for cherry picking like that. because hes on my opponents fantasy hockey team lol

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 05:28 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60DegreesIsCold View Post
I don't really get how Korpikoski can have a night like that while 98% of the time, everything impressive he does is on the defensive side (and there's nothing wrong with that)? There are a lot of streaky scorers, but they usually show flashes from time to time. Korpikoski's impressive on the pk, but outside of that, I almost never notice him doing anything special offensively. I don't just mean scoring, I mean creating the chances for scoring, or making nice passes, or whatever. Tonight, he deserved a hat trick. He was fantastic, and he was great the other night he scored too. I'd love it if the coaching staff could get him to perform like this at least semi-regularly. There wasn't a lot of space for him to get the puck in on that first goal, but he found it. Awesome speed as well. He's clearly got the talent; he's just got to use it more often. And I'm not downplaying his good, stable play, I'm just saying that if you're capable of playing a game like he played this one, you can be even more than dependable.

Fiddler is a beast on the pk--that was a great move he pulled on the breakaway, and he had several good chances after that. Neuvirth had to make a terrific save on that one. It's unfortunate how quality defensive forwards get underrated. I hadn't heard a lot about him before he came here, and he's a huge part of the team now.
I would give Korpikoski a little more time. I think at his age, it's already a good thing that he's so good defensively. I think the offense will come around, maybe not this year, but I'm thinking he's going to turn into a nice two way player for us. I feel like he has progressed in baby steps all year.

Agreed. When I watched Fiddler in training camp I was so impressed. I felt like he was going to be one of the better 4th line centers in the league for us. Him stripping Ovechkin on the PP was awesome, he was a total pest all night.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 05:45 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Let's make this the game where Washington wished they didn't trade Sami Lespisto]
Unfortunately, I thought Lepisto had a terrible game and was our weakest player.
He has a habit of turning the puck over with a bad drop pass when he carries the puck into the offensive zone trapping our players and causing odd man rushes for the other team.
He also tries to get a little too cute with the puck at our blue line for a young inexperienced Dman, ather than making the safe play.
He has the talent but still has a lot to learn and needs more coaching direction from Ulf.
I have a feeling he will sit the next game.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 07:16 PM
coyotesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
Im not mad im just a little pissed off at ovechkin for cherry picking like that. because hes on my opponents fantasy hockey team lol
He's on my fantasy team so I dont see what the problem is He just took off once it looked like semin was coming out with the puck.

coyotesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Fox 10 Sports Night tonight will have a 1 on 1 interview with Shane Doan.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

much like the Sabres game, this loss will be easily forgotten if the Coyotes can win their next game.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote