HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues (22-21-7) vs Ducks (23-21-7) Sat Jan 23 7 PM

Old
01-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Sniper
It's learning...

vCash: 500
I guess in order for us to win a game in regulation, we have to be down by 2 goin into the 3rd period.

We can't keep giving free points away like this.

Sniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Overkamp

Terrible

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:37 PM
TerminatorBlue

3 on 1 Perron tried to beat the Anahiem guy instead of pass..

See the guys giveing it to him on the bench,Tkachuk I believe.

TerminatorBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:48 PM
MissouriBlues2008

They need a surgeon's general warning at the beginning of every Blues' game.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Overkamp

Unacceptable

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Robb_K

I'm really tired of this. Is it conditioning? Mental problems? It's got to stop.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Sniper
It's learning...

Good thing I'm not watching this game live, otherwise I'd be in the market for a new TV

Sniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorBlue View Post

See the guys giving it to him on the bench,Tkachuk I believe.
He STILL tries to do too much. I thought he had learned the lesson that teamwork is better. That would have been as easy as clockwork. He wasn't even considering passing.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 10:08 PM
blue bleeder 24-7

Does anyone have Andy Murray's phone number. He'll straighten out Perron really quick.

I can't believe the selfish play by Perron tonight. That was the second time I counted he tried to walk the opposition instead of making the simple play.

I am so unbelievable disappointed in this team right now. If I drank, I would be drinking so much right now.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Joppy

Did Berglund do something to deserve 6:43 TOI? And what the hell is up with this team in third periods? We looked horrible out there.

Joppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 11:50 PM
St.Louis sports fan

The third period problems are obviously a lack of leadership and killer instinct on the team rather than coaching. I went from being Jackman's biggest from to now i cant wait for him to get off the team. On that first Bobby Ryan goal, it looked like McDonald got pitchforked behind the net with no call once again. That was a horrible non-call, but having said that the defenseman and center have got to cover the front of the net. Watching Jackman this year, he plays great hockey about 20% of the time, the rest hes just really bad. My point is, Junland has to be better than Jackman and brings more offense so there is reason why Jackman should be back next year. I'd prefer to see Ian Cole get a year in the minors next year, but i think even he would be better right now than Jackman. Agreed about Perron, he needed to dish the puck or take the shot at least. He plays like it's pickup hockey sometimes.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 12:14 AM
mmitchell19

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
The third period problems are obviously a lack of leadership and killer instinct on the team rather than coaching. I went from being Jackman's biggest from to now i cant wait for him to get off the team. On that first Bobby Ryan goal, it looked like McDonald got pitchforked behind the net with no call once again. That was a horrible non-call, but having said that the defenseman and center have got to cover the front of the net. Watching Jackman this year, he plays great hockey about 20% of the time, the rest hes just really bad. My point is, Junland has to be better than Jackman and brings more offense so there is reason why Jackman should be back next year. I'd prefer to see Ian Cole get a year in the minors next year, but i think even he would be better right now than Jackman. Agreed about Perron, he needed to dish the puck or take the shot at least. He plays like it's pickup hockey sometimes.
On the first Ryan goal, how do you explain EJ hugging the far post as the puck finds its way to the top of the crease?

Absolutely, Jax's clutzy fall at center ice cost us (or at least dramatically increased the chances of) the first goal.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 12:17 AM
mmitchell19

I hate this team right now.

I fully acknowledge that mine is an irrational, emotional response after having watched the DVR'ed game.

But you CANNOT be a playoff contender and give up a 3-goal lead, at home, with 15 minutes remaining in the game.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Blues0307

The 3rd period problems are the result of the team going into defensive mode because they're too apprehensive. This team needs to break this cycle. They completely change they're strategy in the 3rd and get way too timid. They sit on leads instead of continuing they're assault. That's all mental, so it can be fixed. But until it does, watching it is brutal. Being at the game, I couldn't believe we lost....

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 01:50 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 146

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 03:11 AM
TK 421
Donut Squad

Great to see TJ finally get a chance to play center and he didn't dissapoint. Slowed the Ducks coming out of their zone most of the night, numerous good defensive plays on the backcheck, won quite a few faceoffs and put in a goal to boot. Pretty much excelled everywhere including being more noticeable as a playmaker. It's almost as if he was a natural fit there......imagine that.

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 05:32 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post

I'm calmer than you.

Ugh...not Perron's best game. I'm also a bit perplexed by Berglund's ice time. He's looked very strong on the puck and winning battles on the walls lately. I understand the idea of putting him with the 4th line, but I just thought that ice time was a bit weak.

The team looks totally gassed in the OT. I was sure they wouldn't score. They looked beat. Contrast that with Anaheim, and its painful. I was watching the Calgary/Tampa 2OT Cup Finals game and they were flying all over the ice. Our team can't even manage to play 60 minutes without looking worn out.

I have to think its poor conditioning. Sad thing is, the minutes get spread around a lot better on the Blues than many other teams with less depth. There is absolutely no excuse. 40 minutes of pretty good hockey and then 20 minutes of Disney's Mighty Ducks.

I'm starting to think maybe trading Perron for a nice return is the smarter move. His decision-making is slipping a lot, but his value is still quite high. The talent level is through the roof, but I think he needs that hard-ass coaching or he starts to deteriorate. Is he ever going to be an all-around smart hockey player? (I know I'm over-reacting, but it was so annoying.)

Saddest of all is that other teams in the West are sliding back to us. A win in Columbus and another point or two here or there and the Blues are only a couple games back. But they keep squandering chances.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 08:38 AM
PanniniClaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorBlue View Post

See the guys giveing it to him on the bench,Tkachuk I believe.
Perron tried to be too cute but he had good intentions - he tried to dangle the d and pass it back through the D mans legs. Had it not hit the skate blade Tkachuk had a tap in and everyone would be talking about what a great play it was.

Tkachuk was the culprit for the 2nd goal as he did not have his head on a swivel.

Tkachuk had a one time opportunity at the side of the net and was unable to make anything of it.

I thought Murray was run out of town for not developing kids? Berglund had 6:43. Less than 7 minutes while Crombeen gets 20. I don't see the miracle for the Blues this year but then again Murray orchestrated that and he is gone. If 7 minutes is all house of Payne will play Berglund then he ought to be in Peoria.

PanniniClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 09:00 AM
number 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell19 View Post
I hate this team right now.

I fully acknowledge that mine is an irrational, emotional response after having watched the DVR'ed game.

But you CANNOT be a playoff contender and give up a 3-goal lead, at home, with 15 minutes remaining in the game.
Not to mention this is the third or fourth time it's happened at HOME... Let's count, Edmonton, Vancouver, and now Anaheim. I might be missing one more but I can't think of who off the top of my head. To make matters worse we were primed to narrow the points gap with Anaheim. Instead we give em two.

number 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Blues0307

The 4th line played way too much last night. I kept wondering where Berglund was. I don't know why he got such little ice time, I thought he looked good in the 1st period. Oshie's development is really coming along, great game last night. I can only imagine what opposing fans think when their team plays against him. He's that guy that every team wishes they had.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:06 PM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post

I'm with ya on this one. Time to give the ol' Roman avy a rest. This season has been beyond strange. I haven't been this frustrated and confused since my first girlfriend!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 02:52 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
I wondered whether Berglund was under the weather or got nicked up. Maybe there's a simple explanation for the low number of shifts.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 03:12 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I'm calmer than you.
Well played, Sir.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:47 AM
c-carp

I think that even though as Blues fans we may not want to do this we may have to accept the fact that this team isnt a playoff team and still has a lot of hole to fill and that run they made in the second half of last season was just a fluke thing and it tricked all of us including management into thinking that they were further along in the rebuild than they really are. It sucks but we are going to have to face up to it.

I have gotten myself to the point that when I am watching the games I just want them to work hard and entertain me they arent good enough to go on be a playoff team yet.

Some of us were pissed when the Hockey news guys had the blues picked out of the playoffs at the start of the year but they were right we still have a ways to go. We will get there just not yet.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote