HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Arron Asham has accused Matt Cooke of biting him

Old
01-25-2010, 07:59 AM
JSTAFF

vCash: 500
I don't even care if bit him. Just pay him back next game with something.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 08:28 AM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
I wonder why this is being reported in mostly suburban papers and by uncredentialed bloggers. When Hartnell used Letang for a snack, it was covered like a political assassination.
A Philadelphia flyer got bit, it's Aaron asham, he didn't really go over the top with his comments about it, and it's not a Pittsburg penguin. All reasons why it's not covered like the hart-tang incident.
Not a big deal, the media was never sympathetic to Philly teams but always jumps on the bash wagon whether it's deserved or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
A Philadelphia flyer got bit, it's Aaron asham, he didn't really go over the top with his comments about it, and it's not a Pittsburg penguin. All reasons why it's not covered like the hart-tang incident.
Not a big deal, the media was never sympathetic to Philly teams but always jumps on the bash wagon whether it's deserved or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know, I just enjoy pointing out the hypocratic nature of the media...hell no mention on Philly.com, even. Guess they were busy with the expose on the team's drinking.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Kaktus*

Cooke is a *****? Thats old news..

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 08:35 AM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
I know, I just enjoy pointing out the hypocratic nature of the media...hell no mention on Philly.com, even. Guess they were busy with the expose on the team's drinking.
Haha, yeah your right. I don't really read into the media's opinion on NHL matter. Just for facts, transactions and scores.
Posted via Mobile Device

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:09 PM
nTsplnk*

Everyone thinks they're the victim. When (and if) Letang got bit, everyone was screaming over here. It seemed like no one talked about how "dirty" hartnell was.

It's the same thing. Everything seems worse when you're a victim.

nTsplnk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nTsplnk View Post
Everyone thinks they're the victim. When (and if) Letang got bit, everyone was screaming over here. It seemed like no one talked about how "dirty" hartnell was.

For the most part, most people were saying the same things about having your fingers near a mouth. If you don't want them bit, don't put them there.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Jester

Quote:

I'm failing to see the hysterics on our end in comparison to the Letang brouhaha that developed.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:

Hmm. Hartnell bites Letang and it's like he shot the pope in Pittsburgh...Cooke bites Asham and the Flyers fans have one thread that's barely 2 pages long and almost no media coverage.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:05 PM
CantSeeColors

I think this whole story is a sham

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:31 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Hmm. Hartnell bites Letang and it's like he shot the pope in Pittsburgh...Cooke bites Asham and the Flyers fans have one thread that's barely 2 pages long and almost no media coverage.
Probably because in this case, the player and the coach weren't freaking out seeking attention from the refs for an extended period of time, and making sure the camera was trained on his hand at some point. The broadcasters didn't have the opportunity to make a big stink about it with a million replays (let alone one).

A couple reasons I can think of why. Maybe the Flyers as a team are less whiny than the penguins. Or maybe the bite wasn't as severe. Or maybe Asham knew there'd be a pot-kettle reaction and decided not to make a show out of it.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
I think this whole story is a sham
Nice.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:52 PM
LI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog37 View Post
because it was the smart move. Carcillo should have taken notice....
And a ***** move. But typical Penguin to do something cheap and not oblige when someone wants to fight straight up with out being on the floor already or being jumped when noone sees it coming. Since you thought it was so smart to skate away maybe you should do the same and go back to your forum filled with ******, bandwagon jumping, charity taking Penguin fans.

You Penguin fans, the league, and even more that organization makes me sick. You guys actually embrace these cowards, Have the most PP because of the lovefest the league has with you on top of all the times you get teams on the 2nd day of a back to back game, and you actually cheer for this team and talk *****.

Go get your shinebox *******.

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 04:33 PM
decadentia

Even if he did, I really don't see it as a big deal. Gritty on the edge players do gritty on the edge stuff. Don't respect it but...

OM NOM NOM

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 06:32 PM
fire bettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
And a ***** move. But typical Penguin to do something cheap and not oblige when someone wants to fight straight up with out being on the floor already or being jumped when noone sees it coming. Since you thought it was so smart to skate away maybe you should do the same and go back to your forum filled with ******, bandwagon jumping, charity taking Penguin fans.

You Penguin fans, the league, and even more that organization makes me sick. You guys actually embrace these cowards, Have the most PP because of the lovefest the league has with you on top of all the times you get teams on the 2nd day of a back to back game, and you actually cheer for this team and talk *****.

Go get your shinebox *******.

fire bettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 08:03 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Cooke just had a breakaway, Callahan came back and poke checked him and stole the puck, Cooke tries to hit Callahan, but Callahan knocks him down, then Cooke gets up and takes a roughing penalty going after Callahan

Classic

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote