HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What the frack is wrong w/ our 3rd periods?

Old
01-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
What the frack is wrong w/ our 3rd periods?

Do the coaches put in a different system? Do the players get too tight? Are certain lines playing way too much? Is our lack of size at the forward and on D (sorry Jackman isn't that big) hurting us?

Thoughts....

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Blues0307

Our strategy seems to change sometimes in the 3rd period, not sure why. The team will just sit back all period and play defense instead of continuing to put pressure on the other team. It's frustrating to watch.

I also think the 4th line plays too much in the 3rd period.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 03:47 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I actually think this last game wasn't the same as previous melt-downs. I think we just missed Backes in there (and as surprised as I am to say it, Cola). The Blues WERE still attacking to get the puck into the offensive zone...just not working hard enough to actually get any shots on net. There were a few chances for odd-man rushes to get that extra goal.

Once it got to 3-2, then the mental doubting surfaced and the team started playing scared.

I think people also aren't giving Anaheim enough credit. The Blues should have stopped them, but they really played well with that top line late in the game. They also showed great passion and conditioning...which was a sad contrast with the energy the Blues appeared to have left.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:32 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I actually think this last game wasn't the same as previous melt-downs. I think we just missed Backes in there (and as surprised as I am to say it, Cola). The Blues WERE still attacking to get the puck into the offensive zone...just not working hard enough to actually get any shots on net. There were a few chances for odd-man rushes to get that extra goal.

Once it got to 3-2, then the mental doubting surfaced and the team started playing scared.

I think people also aren't giving Anaheim enough credit. The Blues should have stopped them, but they really played well with that top line late in the game. They also showed great passion and conditioning...which was a sad contrast with the energy the Blues appeared to have left.
I agree.

And while they may have traded Pronger in the off-season, they still have Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Neidermier. They are a lot better of a team than their record suggests.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:48 PM
EOM

Poor conditioning is the only thing I can think of at the moment. If it was a coaching philosophy (sitting on the lead), we should have seen it change when Murray was fired.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Knightrider87

Blues 3rd period problems

Ya idk if its the conditioning or just the fact that its happened so much once we have a lead going into the thrid period that the team mentally breaks down once the opponent starts coming back on us.... I think all the team needs to focus on in the 3rd period with the lead is playing the same type of hockey that got them the lead.. I think they should play like the Buffalo Sabres defensemen play take chances... How is it guna hurt us really ? an it may come with good reward if it pays off... till then lets just hope they have a 4-5 goal lead goin into the 3rd period until they can figure out the problem...

Knightrider87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:33 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
I'm just going to go ahead and blame this season on those damned John Hamm commercials. He has clearly jinxed us just think about it..."Have you seen the way Boyes always seems to find the back of the net?" "Or how EJ fires the puck?".. yah screw you John Hamm.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
blue bleeder 24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
I'm just going to go ahead and blame this season on those damned John Hamm commercials. He has clearly jinxed us just think about it..."Have you seen the way Boyes always seems to find the back of the net?" "Or how EJ fires the puck?".. yah screw you John Hamm.
That and he lied about his hat. It can't be 15 years old, the logo came out like 13 years ago.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote