HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My first post.

Old
01-25-2010, 01:10 PM
The Beezer

vCash: 500
My first post.

Just stumbled across the board and see that there seems to be many knowledgable, die hard Rangers fans posting here. It would take too much time to go through every thread with whats wrong with the Blueshirts. So this is my personal take for what it's worth.

Management- Starts at the top where James Dolan has proved time and time again that he has no idea how to run a sports franchise. I don't know what it would take for him to fire (The bigest problem) Sather. Let's face it, this is the same guy that held on to Isiah Thomas all those years and he didn't make the playoffs.
As far as Sather goes, there isn't enough time in the day for me to explain how much I loathe him. He has put together a team that isn't skilled enough, fast enough and has size/toughness issues. It's pretty obvious that the majority of Rangers fans feel this way and he must be dismissed immediately. If they decide to blow up the team (which will never happen anyway), hopefully it is someone else running point on the operation.

Defense- It's unfathomable to me that we don't have one gritty, tough defenseman to put their glove in someone's face/stick up for Henrik when he 's constantly getting run over. Someone to stick up for the kids (Del Zotto & Gilroy).

Girardi - Never been a big fan of him and his wrist shot from the point. After what happened in Philly he should have either been sent directly back to Hartford (if he had no options, I would have taken the risk of him not clearing waivers) or just outright realeased. He adds nothing to the team and for him to stand there and watch Gaborik have to mix it up is unacceptable.

Staal- He gets a pass because he is still young, has good size and good bloodlines. I wan't to believe that he will be a very good player in the league. But sometimes I can't tell if i am just believing all the hype they give this kid. It seems like he misses assignments alot.

Redden- Just a terrible signing. He is untradedable and doesn't add anything offensivley (which is why I thought they got him). He's also not good in his own end, although I do think he is better this year than last (I know not really saying much).

Rosival- I just want to vomit any time I see him on the ice.

Gilroy & Del Zotto- They are still kids, I think Del Zotto has a chance to be special and for me the jury is still out on Gilroy. I almost think that they have such a glut of young defenseman that they should put one of them on wing and bring up another kid.

Lack of skill- Besides Gaborik, who are the guys that you can count on to fill the net?
Higgins- I don't know what happened to him. Maybe he only scored against the Rangers, but I really believe that he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Prospal- I like him, he is the constant professional. You would think that he is very tradeable. He's the guy that could be the final piece for a team that has a real chance at the cup. Great passer and hustler another guy the Rangers could have used in their prime.

Dubinsky & Callahan- I like them both. The hardest working guys on the team that will scrap and fight if needed. But I just envision them as no better than second line players.

Druary- It's Bobby Holik all over. They signed him thinking he would score 40 goals only to realize he's not that type of player. I always thought that he was a decent captain, but the more i watch the more I realize he isn't. He should have done something in Philly too as the captain.

Avery- I like Sean and really think that Torts ruined him in Washington. He should have known what he was getting with him and scratching him out of that game was the worst thing he could do. He benches him for taking penalties and then he says that Sean isn't scrappy enough. Also by playing with him this much he has lost whatever scoring touch he seemed to have. He does all the dirty things and sticks up for his teamates. It's unfair that he has to be the muscle for the team.

Kotilik- This years version of Manny Malholtra. I don't understand why Torts hates him so much. I'm not saying that he's Gordie Howe, but I really believe that he hasn't gotten a fair shake.

Lisin- Third line player. The best thing about him is his speed, but he's another guy that just doesn't seem strong enough to get to the middle of the ice and finish. He skates hard when he's in there, but he's not the answer.

Boyle- I kind of like him when he is out there. Maybe he should move him up a line and see what happens. I would like if he played a little tougher/meaner. With his size he would be able to get to the front of the net and cause some trouble (not to mention protect a few guys).

Anisemov- I think the season is starting to take the toll on him. He just seems invisible lately. Another role type 3rd liner player. Wouldn't be suprised to see him in Hartford soon.

Lack of toughness
Brashear- Hated him when he wasn't on the Blueshirts and really hate him as a Blueshirt. Old guy that adds nothing to the team, period. He's worthless.

Voros- Worst thing for him was that hot start he got last year. Then everyone realized he sucks. He does try to play hard, but he just isn't any good. Both of them do not have any intimitation factor.

Brings us to Torts. I like his passion, but I hate the way he juggles lines and benches guys. This isn't the 94 Rangers with the talent and mindset to respond to those moves. They aren't even close. I just don't think they have the talent/passion for him to coach the way he wants.

Goaltending- Really what could you say? It's amazing that they are even in a playoff spot with this cast. He is that good that he could steal a game/series by himself (almost did it in Washington). Was prone to soft goals earlier in the season, but he has been excellent lately (obviously not in MTL). But with the cast that they have now which they will probably be stuck with for a couple of years, I would look into trading him and get as much as you possibly can for him. Let's face it, they aren't winning the cup any time soon.

I'm sure I have missed a few things but I'm starting to get dirty looks from my boss. Bottom line is that, I can't believe how bad they are. Not only that, but they are absolutely no fun to watch. I have never been so incensed after a game as I was after the Philly game the other night. They play with no passion, no heart , no intensity, no fight. And we the fans deserve much better than the cast they have playing now.

The Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Welcome, seems like you will fit in just fine...

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:27 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Welcome aboard.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Orr Nightmare

Be careful...there are a ton of people on this site that think the rangers are a good team, have enough team toughness and will win the cup as assembled.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Welcome to the board.

I wont go through every point you made but a majority of them will be in accordance with most of the posters opinions here as well.

I disagree about Anisimov. While he might benefit from a stint in Hartford - i dont think hes a 3rd liner. I think as he develops he will show more skill than Dubinsky. What he does with adding pounds to that frame is critical for his game. Hes just a baby.

Drury's leadership, contract, play and expectations when they signed him are discussed on this board on an almost daily basis. Redden's and Rozsivals as well. Sooner or later you will find those seemingly endless threads as boring and inconsistent as all of their play on the ice.

Enjoy the conversation and dont be afraid to stick to your point no matter what! It makes for some excitement around here- unlike what we see on the ice.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:35 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Good first post! Don't agree with everything, but thats fine.

Welcome aboard.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:36 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Be careful...there are a ton of people on this site that think the rangers are a good team, have enough team toughness and will win the cup as assembled.
A ton?

You'll have to point them out to me because I havent recognized many.

Old
01-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Fletch

Hbnyc...

I think it's too early to label AA right now. The guy had really good numbers in HFD last year as a 20 year old - much better than Dubi's. It would be safe to say that he has more skill than Dubi. The question is can he bring that skill to the NHL level. Just as he saw great improvement from his rookie AHL season to the next, hopefully we'll see something similar at the NHL level from him. Personally, I just don't know.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:41 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Welcome......

01-25-2010, 01:46 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I think it's too early to label AA right now. The guy had really good numbers in HFD last year as a 20 year old - much better than Dubi's. It would be safe to say that he has more skill than Dubi. The question is can he bring that skill to the NHL level. Just as he saw great improvement from his rookie AHL season to the next, hopefully we'll see something similar at the NHL level from him. Personally, I just don't know.
There seems to be a big difference from success in the AHL to success in the NHL.. Throughout the years there has to be tons of real good AHL players who for some reason cannot make it in the NHL...However, AA has real good size and some skill to be a player in the NHL....

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:57 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Fair enough.

I agree. I just think hes got a lot of raw ability and it all has to be fine tuned and built off a little more weight. I don't think you can flat out label him a 3rd liner either which is why i made that comment. Probably should've taken the approach you took.

Old
01-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
A ton?

You'll have to point them out to me because I havent recognized many.
They lay low during losing streaks, but they'll pop back up the next time the Rangers win two in a row.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:14 PM
The Beezer

I don't disagree with you guys about AA. He defenitely has upside potential. I also don't think he's benefiting with the fact that the lines are being juggled constantly. It's tough enough finding your game when you have set linemates/shifts, let alone the constant merry go round that Torts has turned that bench into. But in the end I just get the feeling that he would be one of the guys moved if Mr. Wizard made a deadline move or two, trying to improve the team for a playoff run. Not to many guys on the team have reasonable contracts, let alone some upside potential. I really believe that he would be one of the guys going the other way.

The Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Another Rozsival hater and Avery lover. Fantastic.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:26 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Welcome aboard.

Good observations.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:29 PM
savebyrichter420

Welcome to the Jungle

Nice choice on "The Beezer" I idolized him and Richter growing up, us Rangers fans love our goalies!

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
Welcome to the Jungle

Nice choice on "The Beezer" I idolized him and Richter growing up, us Rangers fans love our goalies!
Indeed, props to the OP for the choice in user name.

Old
01-25-2010, 03:14 PM
TomLaidlaw

Welcome

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:32 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Welcome. I don't agree with everything you wrote, but a lot of it. And the good news is that your opinions jibe with probably the majority of the board - you'll enjoy it here.

I'm amazed that your username was still available! Maybe that's a sign of my age...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Back From Cally

Welcome to the boards!!!

I agree with most of your post, but I have to disagree about Anisimov, Kotalik and trading Hank. Like HBNYC said, I think Anisimov has a lot of potential and I think that given time he'll amount to a lot more than just a 3rd liner.

Back From Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Doctor Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Welcome. I don't agree with everything you wrote, but a lot of it. And the good news is that your opinions jibe with probably the majority of the board - you'll enjoy it here.

I'm amazed that your username was still available! Maybe that's a sign of my age...
Heh, I was thinking "How can "The Beezer" have a first post so late in the game?"

Yep...getting old we are...

Anyroad, welcom to the forums!

Doctor Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 04:25 PM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

vCash: 50
Welcome aboard.

Lots of varied opinions on this team we live and mostly die with.

Enjoy!

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 04:31 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Indeed. Even if everyone is disagreeing all the time, there is no question that we all absolutely bleed blue.

Old
01-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Emptyvoid

Welcome aboard! Always glad to see an intelligent rangers fan on these boards. Like said before, regardless if we agree with your posts or not, stay with it because you seem to be a thoughtful and logical poster.

Hope you enjoy this emotional roller coaster known as the Rangers!

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 05:19 PM
John Torturella

Nominee for longest first post ever?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote