HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Send AA to the AHL During Olympic Break

Old
01-25-2010, 02:18 PM
savebyrichter420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Yeah, break could be afforded as usual, but
some make it look like there will be a vacation. They will work and so will AA should he stay. Brooks suggest to take him out of "infectious " environment, whatever that means. I interpret the "infection" as KHL. I see Kotalik as one who can spread it to Russians. That is why Brooks wants AA out of there. That's not about all eligibles, just some.
Some russian players actually want to play in the best league in the world

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
Some russian players actually want to play in the best league in the world
AHL is not the best one.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:23 PM
savebyrichter420

Quote:
AHL is not the best one.
WOW you are so funny, you should cover Hockey for the New York Post, Larry is that you

Old
01-25-2010, 02:34 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Like others have said, there's no reason not to send anyone to Hartford possible during the break.

Help out Hartford, keep our players fresh, give the players in Hartford some more experienced/skilled players to boos their confidence as well.

Anisimov and Lisin should go down and be put on a line with Grachev.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:

Gotta agree with Larry on this one. And Rangerboy seems to know more about the NHL than I do about life..

Boom Boom Geoffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:

Quote:
Why it was right? What is the difference again?
There's nothing wrong with sending a young player to the minors. It's actually pretty routine. Callahan was struggling when he was sent down, and when he got called back up he was a different player. Brooks explained why AA should be sent to Hartford, and despite my feelings towards Larry, he's 100% correct. Arty's a young guy who should be playing as much as he physically can. They wouldn't be sending him to Hartford as some type of punishment. I think that's what you're missing out here.

Old
01-25-2010, 02:59 PM
ColonialsHockey10

If this is as simple as sending Artem down and calling him back up without problems when they need to I say why not.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:01 PM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
You seem to be unaware that Rangers do not go home, they will have practices as usual. There only will be no games.
big difference between practices and real competition.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:05 PM
savebyrichter420

If you are sending him down just to get him going and find his game, especially while we aren't playing games then I can agree with that, just like many have pointed out about Cally being sent down and then brought back. The only difference is that Cally was coming off an injury if I can remember and AA is not.

The problem I have is that Larry doesn't just say what I just stated above, instead he has to go for the exaggerated angle by saying he is in some type of toxic situation, last time I checked Hartford hasn't been tearing it up either and I just happen to think that with giving him more ice time with more offensive linemates, preferably a veteran presence, his game might show more improvement. I mean we plucked Christensen off waivers and gave him more of an opportunity in my opinion

Old
01-25-2010, 03:10 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
There's nothing wrong with sending a young player to the minors. It's actually pretty routine. Callahan was struggling when he was sent down, and when he got called back up he was a different player. Brooks explained why AA should be sent to Hartford, and despite my feelings towards Larry, he's 100% correct. Arty's a young guy who should be playing as much as he physically can. They wouldn't be sending him to Hartford as some type of punishment. I think that's what you're missing out here.
I have no problem with sending the entire team to HFD. I have problem with "infection" Brooks mentioned there. Since I tend to believe every gossip that makes sense, I think "infection" is KHL, not the lack of scoring some may think. Kotalik is latest victim of KHL "infection". He can spread it to AA. Best way to avoid it is to get him to Harford. That what I think Brooks is saying.
He also letting Torts and Slats know that he is aware of Kotalik treat to possibly bolt to KHL and should Torts continue his war with him, he will make his knowledge public. While last sentence is speculation, I just share my hunch in here.

Old
01-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Fletch

94now...

interesting observation, but I doubt that's Brooks' point. Brooks thinks that if a guy hangs around losers, he'll become a loser. Same deal with hanging around complacement individuals. I agree that there is some truth to that as I've heard players talk about that (not the Rangers, but sports in general after leaving a team). To what extent it actually affects a player, I cannot say as everyone is different.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
interesting observation, but I doubt that's Brooks' point. Brooks thinks that if a guy hangs around losers, he'll become a loser. Same deal with hanging around complacement individuals. I agree that there is some truth to that as I've heard players talk about that (not the Rangers, but sports in general after leaving a team). To what extent it actually affects a player, I cannot say as everyone is different.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

I work with a lazy idiotic boss. I probably do 10% of the amount of work at my job then I did when I started. Partly because I feel I can get away w/ doing nothing because my boss does nothing.

Having lazy veterans is a locker room cancer.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:34 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
No matter how negative I could be I don't think the players are losers. The coach may and up being one, but I don't think he shows any signs as of now. I think the team is under stress caused by some sort of distraction. That is my take on it. I see what you saying, Fletch, but, no, they are not that bad.

Old
01-25-2010, 03:42 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The break begins February 15. Rangers last game is February 14. Roster freeze is February 12. Gold medal game is February 28(Sunday) which is the same day the roster freeze ends.
If the Rangers are going to be sellers and AA needs games for experience or conditioning, it makes sense. If they're trying to win as many games as possible, then putting the best lineup possible on the ice against Pitt and Tampa is what's important.

I think it makes a lot more sense to send Gilroy down and bringing up someone else like Heikkinen.

Even bigger idea is should the Rangers waive a big contract player that they might trade at the deadline, to do so might indicate a big contract coming in? Or should a guy like Brashear be waived and recalled March 1st?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:54 PM
savebyrichter420

One another point I would like to make is that while he thinks we should send down Anisimov to play some games instead of playing/practicing with the NHL team, he suggests bringing up Locke to take his place which makes no sense since obviously Locke does nothing to help us (Krog 2.0) and we aren't playing any games during the Olympic break anyway right Larry?

So to recap, call up Locke who is actually helping Hartford, and send Anisimov down at the expense of icing the best possible team for the games coming up before the Olympic break and then what? Locke stays up in NY just to practice with the team at the expense of Hartford having their top point getter?

Last edited by savebyrichter420: 01-25-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old
01-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:

Quote:
I have no problem with sending the entire team to HFD. I have problem with "infection" Brooks mentioned there. Since I tend to believe every gossip that makes sense, I think "infection" is KHL, not the lack of scoring some may think. Kotalik is latest victim of KHL "infection". He can spread it to AA. Best way to avoid it is to get him to Harford. That what I think Brooks is saying.
He also letting Torts and Slats know that he is aware of Kotalik treat to possibly bolt to KHL and should Torts continue his war with him, he will make his knowledge public. While last sentence is speculation, I just share my hunch in here.
Don't worry about a possible infection. We're talking about professional athletes here, not Cancer. Nothing is going to spread to AA through Kotalik. Some of the words Brooks chose in his article, are nothing more than opinion. If you consider Larry's opinion more valuable than anyone's here, including your own, then I gotta question your rationale.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
One another point I would like to make is that while he thinks we should send down Anisimov to play some games instead of playing/practicing with the NHL team, he suggests bringing up Locke to take his place which makes no sense since obviously Locke does nothing to help us (Krog 2.0) and we aren't playing any games during the Olympic break anyway right Larry?

So to recap, call up Locke who is actually helping Hartford, and send Anisimov down at the expense of icing the best possible team for the games coming up before the Olympic break and then what? Locke stays up in NY just to practice with the team at the expense of Hartford having their top point getter?
Locke's not ready for the NHL. Anisimov is without a doubt, the more capable player right now.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:15 PM
savebyrichter420

Quote:
Locke's not ready for the NHL. Anisimov is without a doubt, the more capable player right now.
I couldn't say it any better

Old
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

If the idea were to let him play games while the NHL is shut down for the Olympic break for two weeks, that's a very good idea.

However, like typical Brooks, he spins it into something negative.

His idea is to send Anisimov to Hartford because the NHL club is a 'bad influence' on him, which is ridiculous.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 06:52 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Sure, it's exaggerated negative spin to talk about "the infection" on the Rangers roster and to suggest that we need to get AA out of a "toxic situation" but the hate for Larry Brooks here is just as bad as the hate for Redden or Roszival or Drury that we see on these boards. The fans here are incapable of judging ANYONE fairly. You are either the bane of the world or a god.

So while Brooks is a butthead who insists on turning everything into some extreme negative, he's still correct, not only in his thinking that AA should go back to Hartford to get his confidence up over the break (and if we're going to send him down for the break, we might as well just send him down now and let him have a longer while to get his game going), but in suggesting that complacency is contagious.

No, there's no infection in the locker room and AA isn't going to "catch" anything from Kotalik or anyone else, but a young player can easily develop bad habits if he's in a locker room full of lazy and/or unmotivated players. Now, I've read all of the theories regarding this team's poor performance and remember, for example, reading about how the players were far too pampered by this organization. I didn't think much of it but, just for the sake of stirring the pot, I recently saw in Sean Avery's blog a picture he posted of the Rangers "in flight menu" from one of their recent trips. It included items like a "cold filet mignon platter" and "stuffed grape leaves".

Obviously, being pampered doesn't MAKE the team play poorly, but how good of an influence is it on guys like Gilroy, MDZ, AA, etc. to be "mentored" (for a lack of better words) by a group of underperforming, overpaid, unmotivated players who are reclining on their private jet, eating like they're at a five-star restaurant, going out and getting shutout four times in seven contests? To my eyes, that certainly DOES teach you that it's "okay" to play this way and that even these subpar performances will be rewarded (or at the very least, not penalized).

Perhaps AA and anyone else on the roster who CAN be sent down should be, if not just to help them get their confidence back against lesser competition but also to remind them that they have to EARN their keep in the NHL and that pulling on a Rangers sweater is about working hard to represent one of the oldest franchises in the NHL -- NOT about enjoying a platter of stuffed grape leaves and coasting to embarrassing losses and a mediocre record.

And to that end, I do have to wonder about the veteran leadership on this team. Certainly none of us know what goes on in the locker room and at practice and I am generally in the "we don't know what goes on so we can't really comment on the captaincy situation" camp, but I have to admit that I have NEVER seen Chris Drury show much emotion, stand up for a teammate, elevate his physical play or give the impression of a strong leader at all. The idea of our rookie players watching their captain sit back and suck down luxury hors d'oeuvres as if he could be satisfied with his performance (and the performance of the team HE has been charged with helping to motivate and lead) just makes me want to vomit.

Obviously, I'm taking one posting from Avery's blog and extrapolating it into some grand theory, composed mostly of speculation, but as much as the latest trend on these boards is to get on Larry Brooks the way we get on Michael Roszival after one of his famous no-look cross ice passes gets picked off for an OT breakaway against Henrik, I have to imagine that our older players AREN'T setting the best example for our younger players and if all these young guys see is our leaders being pampered and catered to, even when they've had 1 goal or less in 5 out of 7 recent games, I can easily see how they might fall into the mentality that, now that they've made it to the big show, a moderate effort is all that's required to reap the material rewards they've dreamed of their whole careers.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchkin71 View Post
Sure, it's exaggerated negative spin to talk about "the infection" on the Rangers roster and to suggest that we need to get AA out of a "toxic situation" but the hate for Larry Brooks here is just as bad as the hate for Redden or Roszival or Drury that we see on these boards. The fans here are incapable of judging ANYONE fairly. You are either the bane of the world or a god.

So while Brooks is a butthead who insists on turning everything into some extreme negative, he's still correct, not only in his thinking that AA should go back to Hartford to get his confidence up over the break (and if we're going to send him down for the break, we might as well just send him down now and let him have a longer while to get his game going), but in suggesting that complacency is contagious.

No, there's no infection in the locker room and AA isn't going to "catch" anything from Kotalik or anyone else, but a young player can easily develop bad habits if he's in a locker room full of lazy and/or unmotivated players. Now, I've read all of the theories regarding this team's poor performance and remember, for example, reading about how the players were far too pampered by this organization. I didn't think much of it but, just for the sake of stirring the pot, I recently saw in Sean Avery's blog a picture he posted of the Rangers "in flight menu" from one of their recent trips. It included items like a "cold filet mignon platter" and "stuffed grape leaves".

Obviously, being pampered doesn't MAKE the team play poorly, but how good of an influence is it on guys like Gilroy, MDZ, AA, etc. to be "mentored" (for a lack of better words) by a group of underperforming, overpaid, unmotivated players who are reclining on their private jet, eating like they're at a five-star restaurant, going out and getting shutout four times in seven contests? To my eyes, that certainly DOES teach you that it's "okay" to play this way and that even these subpar performances will be rewarded (or at the very least, not penalized).

Perhaps AA and anyone else on the roster who CAN be sent down should be, if not just to help them get their confidence back against lesser competition but also to remind them that they have to EARN their keep in the NHL and that pulling on a Rangers sweater is about working hard to represent one of the oldest franchises in the NHL -- NOT about enjoying a platter of stuffed grape leaves and coasting to embarrassing losses and a mediocre record.

And to that end, I do have to wonder about the veteran leadership on this team. Certainly none of us know what goes on in the locker room and at practice and I am generally in the "we don't know what goes on so we can't really comment on the captaincy situation" camp, but I have to admit that I have NEVER seen Chris Drury show much emotion, stand up for a teammate, elevate his physical play or give the impression of a strong leader at all. The idea of our rookie players watching their captain sit back and suck down luxury hors d'oeuvres as if he could be satisfied with his performance (and the performance of the team HE has been charged with helping to motivate and lead) just makes me want to vomit.

Obviously, I'm taking one posting from Avery's blog and extrapolating it into some grand theory, composed mostly of speculation, but as much as the latest trend on these boards is to get on Larry Brooks the way we get on Michael Roszival after one of his famous no-look cross ice passes gets picked off for an OT breakaway against Henrik, I have to imagine that our older players AREN'T setting the best example for our younger players and if all these young guys see is our leaders being pampered and catered to, even when they've had 1 goal or less in 5 out of 7 recent games, I can easily see how they might fall into the mentality that, now that they've made it to the big show, a moderate effort is all that's required to reap the material rewards they've dreamed of their whole careers.
How are we supposed to read all this when we're busy watching our team lose?

Old
01-25-2010, 06:58 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
How are we supposed to read all this when we're busy watching our team lose?
That's what intermissions are for? In all honesty I meant to just add a quick comment and suddenly found myself typing a novel.

Old
01-25-2010, 07:29 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Can't wait to see people say he obviously shouldn't be sent down now because he scored tonight.

But seriously, that's usually how it works on this boards - the most literal "what have you done for me lately" mindset in the world. When he scored and they said it was his first point of the month, it makes me wonder why anyone is against letting him get some AHL time?

Old
01-25-2010, 07:44 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Take that Brooksy!!!!

See ya at the bus stop *****!!!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Take that Brooksy!!!!

See ya at the bus stop *****!!!
pretty soon he'll be driving that damn bus with articles like that...........

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote