HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The proposal thread (Place all your trade proposals here)

View Poll Results: With Carter, what happens to Plekanec
We find a way to keep, deadlocking the center position and cap 35 60.34%
Thanks Mr. Plekanec for your contribution, but... 13 22.41%
We keep as an asset to trade later on... 10 17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
EDM counters with:

Hamrlik
Cammalleri

for

JDD
Gilbert
Brule
2nd

Seriously... would you do that?
Great plan, let's trade our 40 goal scorer for 3 maybe's and a 2nd rounder.

Maybe we can get Carter and Timmonen for D'agostini Spacek Gorges and a 2nd.

Old
01-25-2010, 04:42 PM
25th

No go!

(racroche)

Old
01-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

He's slow, LEFT HANDED and has a huge contract which we wouldn't be able to fit anyway.

Pass.

Old
01-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Maybe because Souray is a BIG, right handed Defencemen that we need, that brings a nasty mean streak, defends his teamates, IMO one of the best fighters in the league, hard shot, alot of leadership. Sheldon Souray is captain material.
Apart from the occasional fight, he brings nothing in the physical game. Spacek hits more than him.

Old
01-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Great plan, let's trade our 40 goal scorer for 3 maybe's and a 2nd rounder.

Maybe we can get Carter and Timmonen for D'agostini Spacek Gorges and a 2nd.
That was the point you fool.

I made my proposal as ridiculous as the OP's...

Old
01-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Fire Everyone
Especially you

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Maybe because Souray is a BIG, right handed Defencemen that we need, that brings a nasty mean streak, defends his teamates, IMO one of the best fighters in the league, hard shot, alot of leadership. Sheldon Souray is captain material.
Souray is left handed.

Old
01-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't care about jersey sales. I care about the team being good. Artyukhin wouldn't help with that. For someone so adamant that he's what Montreal needs, you failed to put forth any argument underlining Montreal's need for Artyukhin.
Who, on the current Montreal roster, is 250lbs, fast, good checker, intimidating, wins fights, has a mean streak, decent hands and a cheap contract to boot?

Come on, how can a team, ANY team, not want a guy like that?

Old
01-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
That was the point you fool.

I made my proposal as ridiculous as the OP's...
Well excuse me for not seeing the sarcasm apart from the ridiculous...it's hard to tell on here...

Old
01-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Next Best Thing*

So have you seen him play this year? He either doesn't use his shot or just lost it for some reason, only 4 goals in 35 games. I remember reading edmonton's board a while ago and read how disapointed they were to not see that bomb of his. Then there's his injuries you have to consider and the fact that he's old (33)... and has a 5.4 mil cap hit until 2013... ouch.

Old
01-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Habsfan18

Trade Deadline 2010 Discussion thread

One of the most exciting times of the year for hardcore hockey fans (along with the draft and July 1st). I don't know about you guys, but I've had a "sick" day from work/school for about 9 years running now on deadline day.

Any guesses as to which players will be moved? Number of deals?

Each year people say that it'll be a slow day, and then there ends up being 20+ deals. I can't really see it being any different this year. Maybe there won't be many "big" deals, but plenty on minor ones at the very least. There are sometimes waiver pickups and soon to be UFA's locked up on deadline day as well.

Who gets Kovalchuk as a rental?

What happens if we're out of a playoff spot? Do we offer a guy like Hamrlik for a prospect and a 2nd round pick? What if we're battling for a position and we sit somewhere in the 7-9 spot? Does Bob take a chance and trade for a rental that can give us a boost?

Last edited by Habsfan18: 01-25-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old
01-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamary View Post
Who, on the current Montreal roster, is 250lbs, fast, good checker, intimidating, wins fights, has a mean streak, decent hands and a cheap contract to boot?

Artyukin is a bit special, selfish individual and doesn't fit into any systems on the ice. As much as he has awesome physical gifts, he is not a very productive player. I'm not saying I wouldn't take him at the right salary...but he is not a future star...

Old
01-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Artyukin is a bit special, selfish individual and doesn't fit into any systems on the ice. As much as he has awesome physical gifts, he is not a very productive player. I'm not saying I wouldn't take him at the right salary...but he is not a future star...
He is welcome on my third line any day. At 26 I don't think he's hit his peak. Imagine a line with Artyukhin-Lapierre-Moen, can you imagine how epic it will be to see Lapierre yapping and facewashing everybody in scrums then behind him skates a 255 lbs monster who's looking to destroy and a 215 lbs scrapper...

Last edited by Next Best Thing*: 01-25-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old
01-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Hamrlik should not be moved, our defense is weak enough as it is. In fact, if he keeps up his play i wouldn't mind extending him for a couple more years at a lower salary.

Old
01-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Might be a strange year with the Olympics. Eklund seems to think that half the deals will happen right before the Olympic break, I doubt it, maybe 1-2 small ones then a flurry at the end.

I think since the cap came in deals are down but it's still usually a busy and entertaining day.

From a Habs perspective, unless we can seriously upgrade our team, I wouldn't make too many big deals. If O'byrne palys well I can see them trading Mara for a mid round pick, maybe Spacek if the return is very good as he doesn't appear to fit as a RH.

Old
01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Hamrlik should not be moved, our defense is weak enough as it is. In fact, if he keeps up his play i wouldn't mind extending him for a couple more years at a lower salary.
Agreed, peaople are much to quick to try and dump him...it's not like we have J.Bo waiting to sign at 4 mil to step into our lineup, if we trade Hammer, we have 5+ mil in cap room but a gaping hole in the top 4 and 23-24 minutes to replace most nights.

Old
01-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Artyukhin*

trade for Artyukhin!

Old
01-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Agreed, peaople are much to quick to try and dump him...it's not like we have J.Bo waiting to sign at 4 mil to step into our lineup, if we trade Hammer, we have 5+ mil in cap room but a gaping hole in the top 4 and 23-24 minutes to replace most nights.
I think there's no reason to trade Hamrlik really. The emergence of Subban, weber and carle will all coincide with the end of his contract. Or at least i hope it will.

Old
01-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamary View Post

I don't know. Why were teams not lining up to get him? Why did he have to go back to Russia? Why did TB trade him cheaply, and Anaheim fans aren't overly keen on him?

Maybe because he's not good. Maybe because he's prone to an awful lot of bad penalties, inconsistent play, and only good for 1 big hit every 2 games. Maybe because he's bad defensively, doesn't play within a system, and is ultimately a liability on the ice.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:00 PM
TankEller*

I just hope this trade deadline we actually have a "seller" or a "buyer" label depending on our performances... and on the negociations with Plekanec.

What I'd like to get the most is a good, mean grinder with some upside like Torres.

I don't want us to be in the Kovalchuk sweeptakes, neither do I want us to be a big buyer. I hope we're going to keep all of our draft picks.

As for the trade deadline being the most exciting time of the year... I consider the week between the draft July 1st as being even more exciting...

Old
01-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
trade for Artyukhin!
I would be alright with this. Love his size and skating ability.

As I said though...0 hockey sense.

Would be alright for the bottom 6 though.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
As for the trade deadline being the most exciting time of the year... I consider the week between the draft July 1st as being even more exciting...
IMO:

1. Draft
2. Trade Deadline
3. July 1st

Old
01-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Turboflex*

what date is it?

Old
01-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
not a very productive player?

last season near 20 pts
151 penealty mins
248 hits
73 games
fastest guy on the team
6'5 255 lbs

NOW i duuno go loook over Habs roster,lets talk about productive.
Oh yeah , i forgot we got unslefish Sergei K hitting 10 times in 20 games DESTROYING PEOPLE not scoring.

seriosuly come on

did i just witness BGL for 1.5 years?

seriously come on .

Old
01-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Mike8

Quote:
well it sucks the mods feel the need to lock up a legit Artyukhin thread just because its better to discuss it on page 839 of another thread burried away.
Why would a thread on Artyukhin be 'legit' on a Montreal forum? Every day a dozen new posters feel their trade proposal on a given player is a of absolute importance and warrants attention. That'd kill the forum.

Quote:
anyways take a read what Selanne recently said, i fail to understand ANYONE who says this team cant use 250 HITS A YEAR from a 255-60 lb man(WHO WOULD BE THE FASTEST MAN ON THE TEAM) .

ill take everyone of those hits over the 190 lb guy we got dishing out 20 a year ANY DAY

There is a diffrence of getting a hit from dgostini vs Artyukhin 260lb hit...as a player id prefer to get hit by dgostini

(thats why i want Artyukhin)and he still LEARNING THE GAME with only 179 games under his belt.

260 lb men there are alot of them, but ones who can skate like the wind ARE RARE ,ones who hit 250 times in 73 games ARE RARE.

guys who hit alot on the habs ARE RARE!<<this will kill us in the playoffs

read post 36 and 37
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=596295&page=2

Selanne was also quoted as saying Lahti was going to be an impact player, wasn't he?

I'll grant you that Artyukhin has a rare upside in that he's big and fast, but he doesn't use his size effectively. He doesn't drive the net with the puck. He doesn't shield the puck terribly well with his size. For a big player, he's ineffective on the cycle. He's basically just a big, fast player who will hit hard, and if you ask anything else of him, then you're expecting too much.

Big players who can't do anything with the puck or offensively are easy to obtain. They do nothing to help Montreal's chances at grinding out wins in the playoffs. Big players who can actually drive the net and bring the puck to the net, however, are of interest and can contribute.

Unfortunately, Artyukhin isn't that player.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't know. Why were teams not lining up to get him? Why did he have to go back to Russia? Why did TB trade him cheaply, and Anaheim fans aren't overly keen on him?

Maybe because he's not good. Maybe because he's prone to an awful lot of bad penalties, inconsistent play, and only good for 1 big hit every 2 games. Maybe because he's bad defensively, doesn't play within a system, and is ultimately a liability on the ice.
You make it sound like he doesn't belong in the NHL. Why does Anaheim keep him one would say after reading this, I doubt that's what anaheim's coach thinks of him. Why do they play him? Because he's a physical specimen, didn't he fold Ribs in half back in the day? Ribeiro missed a whole bunch of games from a routine check of his. And on a team like ours, this type of player is sorely needed imo.

edit: whoops

Closed Thread