HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The proposal thread (Place all your trade proposals here)

View Poll Results: With Carter, what happens to Plekanec
We find a way to keep, deadlocking the center position and cap 35 60.34%
Thanks Mr. Plekanec for your contribution, but... 13 22.41%
We keep as an asset to trade later on... 10 17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
not a very productiver player?

last season near 20 pts
151 penealty mins
248 hit
73 games
fast guy on the team
6'5 255 lbs

NOW i duuno go loook over Habs roster,lets talk about productive.
Oh yeah , i forgot we got unslefish Sergei K hitting 10 times in 20 games DESTROYING PEOPLE not scoring.

seriously come on .
Just so we're clear, Artyukhin last season was on pace to score less than Dandenault on Montreal. Less than Kostopoulos. He would have been 20th on Montreal in scoring. Not sure how you can argue that he's unproductive, given that.

Old
usernam

Wednesday March 3rd, 3pm.

Old
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Why would a thread on Artyukhin be 'legit' on a Montreal forum? Every day a dozen new posters feel their trade proposal on a given player is a of absolute importance and warrants attention. That'd kill the forum.

Selanne was also quoted as saying Lahti was going to be an impact player, wasn't he?

I'll grant you that Artyukhin has a rare upside in that he's big and fast, but he doesn't use his size effectively. He doesn't drive the net with the puck. He doesn't shield the puck terribly well with his size. For a big player, he's ineffective on the cycle. He's basically just a big, fast player who will hit hard, and if you ask anything else of him, then you're expecting too much.

Big players who can't do anything with the puck or offensively are easy to obtain. They do nothing to help Montreal's chances at grinding out wins in the playoffs. Big players who can actually drive the net and bring the puck to the net, however, are of interest and can contribute.

Unfortunately, Artyukhin isn't that player.
ya well it was "legit enough last year" why not this year?why wasnt it locked down last year.

as for Lathi, was he ever given the shot? answer is NO
and yeah i know"he never earned it in the ahl...thats fine

Im tellin you something you already know i sure,BIG PLAYERS WITH SPEED ARE RARE.....yes there LOTS OF SLOW Laraque 250 lbers out there , but you show me a 260 lbs who can skate as fast as Brian Gionta....(and hit 250 times a season)

now show me that list of 250-260lers.

again he is still YOUNG in his nhl career 179 GAMES is equivilant of just 2 seasons! and the coaching who knows man ,Beniot Pouliot isnt the same player as he was in Minny WHY? for that same reason i want to acquire ART76 , its very low risk man ....

FOR THE SAME REASONS i want us to acquire Afinaganov ,but nooo same crowd here saying bad move he sucks ...and we got to enjoy guys not scoring for 35 games instead!

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 01-25-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old
01-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Andy

If we are in a playoff position:
  • Up grade Metropolit(i.e get rid of him), for a center with similar skill but of bigger size who plays a strong defensive game while being physical. Ala Manny Malhotra. The only guy that comes to mind is Ethan Moreau, but I'm sure we can find someone like that.
  • Get an enforcer, but not a Laraque type, more like a Carcillo type, not really an enforcer but a good fighter nontheless.
  • Look to unload a contract(I'm looking at you Spacek).

If we are not in the playoffs come that time and choose to be sellers.

Trade Metropolit, Plekanec, Hamrlik and possibly Halak for picks and prospects

Old
01-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
You make it sound like he doesn't belong in the NHL. Why does tampa keep him one would say after reading this, I doubt that's what TB's coach thinks of him. Why do they play him? Because he's a physical specimen, didn't he fold Ribs in half back in the day? Ribeiro missed a whole bunch of games from a routine check of his. And on a team like ours, this type of player is sorely needed imo.
He barely does belong in the NHL, and the fact that you're unaware that he's on Anaheim does little to substantiate any point you have to make on his NHL capabilities.

Especially since you ask why does TB keep him, when they dumped him as quickly as they could after only one season of his (since being back from his hiatus in Russia).

Old
01-25-2010, 05:08 PM
JuJu Mobb

Price for Dustin Brown.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Mike8

Quote:
ya well it was "legit enough last year" why not this year?wasnt locked down last year.

You're right. Lahti wasn't given a shot. For shame, Gainey!

Old
01-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
He barely does belong in the NHL, and the fact that you're unaware that he's on Anaheim does little to substantiate any point you have to make on his NHL capabilities.

Especially since you ask why does TB keep him, when they dumped him as quickly as they could after only one season of his (since being back from his hiatus in Russia).
I forgot he was Anaheim property

Just going from what I remember of him, has he regressed or something? How many times have you seen him play this year? I wish some ducks poster would come in here and clarify/verify this.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
ya well it was "legit enough last year" why not this year?why wasnt it locked down last year.

Im tellin you something you already know i sure,BIG PLAYERS WITH SPEED ARE RARE.....yes there LOTS OF SLOW Laraque 250 lbers out there , but you show me a 260 lbs who can skate as fast as Brian Gionta....(and hit 250 times a season)

again he is still YOUNG in his nhl career 179 GAMES is equivilant of just 2 seasons! and the coaching who knows man ,Beniot Pouliot isnt the same player as he was in Minny WHY? for that same reason i want to acquire ART76 , its very low risk man ....

FOR THE SAME REASONS i want us to acquire Afinaganov ,but nooo same crowd here saying bad move he sucks ...and we got to enjoy guy not scoring for 35 games!
Why are you so emotional? It sounds like you're having an aneurysm over there

Old
01-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I forgot he was Anaheim property

Just going from what I remember of him, has he regressed or something? How many times have you seen him play this year? I wish some ducks poster would come in here and clarify/verify this.
I didn't like him much in TB either.

And TB/ANA fans don't like him. There's a reason: he's just not that good. Montreal needs big bodies that can actually play. I'm surprised that the Laraque experiment hasn't demonstrated this need: hitting, forechecking, fighting, that's all nice and good. And having a good grind line is fun. But the object of all that forechecking is actually forcing turnovers, isn't it? And with those turnovers, cycling the puck, right? Wearing out the D, and maybe even getting a goal once in awhile.

If Artyukhin hits but doesn't backcheck; if he forces the odd turnover, but doesn't have the puck skills to control the play deep; if he makes big hits but, due to his lack of offensive wherewithal, doesn't open up space for more talented linemates, isn't he just a futile player? Much like Laraque, in fact? Where Laraque was a beast in fights, but his skills in every other way had eroded to make him not only useless but a liability, Artyukhin's skills with the devastating hits wouldn't lead to anything either, and his lack of attention to detail would make him a liability.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Trade Spacek ASAP.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Mike8

Quote:

FOR THE SAME REASONS i want us to acquire Afinaganov ,but nooo same crowd here saying bad move he sucks ...and we got to enjoy guy not scoring for 35 games!
Artyukhin will be 27 soon. Perhaps he will be done developing by 35?

Old
01-25-2010, 05:18 PM
The Rocket

Souray sucks...

Old
01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu Mobb View Post
Price for Dustin Brown.
Says the guy with a Halak avatar.

But seriously, no thanks.

You just simply don't give up on a potential franchise goaltender like Price at age 22.

And LA has Bernier waiting in the wings anyways.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

I'd trade Spacek + Mara (salary dump) + 1st round pick for Souray

Old
01-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Artyukhin will be 27 soon. Perhaps he will be done developing by 35?
listen you can come at me all ya like with the jabs,

recall Matt dgostni please

and if you can honestly say Matt D'Agostini over a 260 lb er who hits 250 times a season then , no more need to argue with ya .

If you can say Tom Pyatt over a 260 lb er who hits 250 time a season then , no more need to argue with ya .

If a Artyukhin is so useless i warn ya dont look down our roster!

age be damed , he has played 179 games , that the equivilant of just 2 SEASONS

Old
01-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Mike8

Quote:
listen you can come at me all ya like with the jabs,

recall Matt dgostni please
It's only a jab because it's a fair point. You cry out that he hasn't had enough time to develop. Well, what's enough time? He was drafted the same year as Komisarek. It's hard to take you seriously here.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:27 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I'd trade Spacek + Mara (salary dump) + 1st round pick for Souray
And this is why you're thinking that from a computer chair. We're in a position where we might get a top 10 pick. Why would we give a potential top 10 pick for a 33 year old who is injury prone and appearing to be washed up?

Old
01-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Pax Macioretty

Spacek seems to be turning things around lately,so i would wait before putting him on the trade block, unless we get Souray back, he and Hammer would make a good pairing not to mention it makes Bergeron expandable and opens up a roster spot on the 4th line for what we really need, GRIT. J-F Jacques, Cam Janssen, Milan Lucic (i know he wouldn't play on the 4th line) etc etc..

I would even accept Kostopoulos back at this point.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
I didn't like him much in TB either.

And TB/ANA fans don't like him. There's a reason: he's just not that good. Montreal needs big bodies that can actually play. I'm surprised that the Laraque experiment hasn't demonstrated this need: hitting, forechecking, fighting, that's all nice and good. And having a good grind line is fun. But the object of all that forechecking is actually forcing turnovers, isn't it? And with those turnovers, cycling the puck, right? Wearing out the D, and maybe even getting a goal once in awhile.

If Artyukhin hits but doesn't backcheck; if he forces the odd turnover, but doesn't have the puck skills to control the play deep; if he makes big hits but, due to his lack of offensive wherewithal, doesn't open up space for more talented linemates, isn't he just a futile player? Much like Laraque, in fact? Where Laraque was a beast in fights, but his skills in every other way had eroded to make him not only useless but a liability, Artyukhin's skills with the devastating hits wouldn't lead to anything either, and his lack of attention to detail would make him a liability.
I see, well I did some scouting on Anaheim's board and there is a thread on his value to us. Seems like they don't think much of him either... but they want a top4 d-man in return someone mentioned Mara as he is UFA with a low salary. If Anaheim are buyers at the deadline we could try and pull off this trade and take a flyer on him, I think that would be really worth it especially since we won't re-sign Mara. Worked for Pouliot, maybe Arty can become Martin's next project, nothing to lose.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
It's only a jab because it's a fair point. You cry out that he hasn't had enough time to develop. Well, what's enough time? He was drafted the same year as Komisarek. It's hard to take you seriously here.
LEAVE age out of it ,

MArk Streit was what where he came to Montreal?28?

and man did he ever not loook like a guy who had what it took.

NOW GO TELL the Islander fans he stinks

Huet he was what? when did he bloosom?

Old
01-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
And this is why you're thinking that from a computer chair. We're in a position where we might get a top 10 pick. Why would we give a potential top 10 pick for a 33 year old who is injury prone and appearing to be washed up?
Ya really 1st >>>>> Souray

You don't put an X on a top 15-20 pick in next year's draft for a guy that won't be with us after 1/1.5 seasons.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I am sitting on my couch with my laptop. I win.

Souray is a great player, he had 53 points last year and this year he is having an off year. Plekanec had an off year last year, there's no reason that Souray can't come back to form.

Yes, he's injury prone but he brings a physical presence and is a great locker room guy. He could even mentor Subban/Weber/Carle since they all play the role of an offensive D.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Mike8

Quote:
LEAVE age out of it ,

MArk Streit was what where he came to Montreal?28?

and man did he ever not loook like a guy who had what it took.

NOW GO TELL the Islander fans he stinks

Huet he was what? when did he bloosom?
Of course. And so, perhaps Montreal should look to reacquire Kovalev. Maybe he'll develop a defensive game.

I think this conversation is done. You want Artyukhin and think that Montreal would thrive with him because he'd develop mystical powers, and a scoring touch that didn't even bless him in juniors where he was literally a man among boys. I disagree. Thankfully for me, I doubt we'll ever find out.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Habs13

Quote:
trade for Artyukhin!
He's a UFA so maybe BGL would agree to be traded to Tampa Bay?? That would be great. D'Agostini maybe?

Closed Thread