HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The proposal thread (Place all your trade proposals here)

View Poll Results: With Carter, what happens to Plekanec
We find a way to keep, deadlocking the center position and cap 35 60.34%
Thanks Mr. Plekanec for your contribution, but... 13 22.41%
We keep as an asset to trade later on... 10 17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Mara for Artyukhin

(lats vs pouliot pt deux)

Old
01-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
LEAVE age out of it ,

MArk Streit was what where he came to Montreal?28?

and man did he ever not loook like a guy who had what it took.

NOW GO TELL the Islander fans he stinks

Huet he was what? when did he bloosom?
NOW GO TELL Ducks fans Artyukhin doesn't stink, the other guys guy were right, if he can't pull it together at 27 years old he'll never be more then what he is right now, and like i said , if the Habs want grit, bring somebody who's known to protect his teammates. Artyukhin has never fought for anybody but himself when he gets pissed off.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Of course. And so, perhaps Montreal should look to reacquire Kovalev. Maybe he'll develop a defensive game.

I think this conversation is done. You want Artyukhin and think that Montreal would thrive with him because he'd develop mystical powers, and a scoring touch that didn't even bless him in juniors where he was literally a man among boys. I disagree. Thankfully for me, I doubt we'll ever find out.
no , you logic is flawed period.

ill use Selanne's example
Andy McDonald <do yourself a favor,,,his first 4 season "were meh" check out his first 180 games...if it was Montreal we'd already label him a bust im sure.

Check out the player he turned into .

AGAIN your logic is flawed sorry .

anyways i keep cheering for Matt DARCHE..you get my point .

Old
01-25-2010, 05:41 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I am sitting on my couch with my laptop. I win.

Souray is a great player, he had 53 points last year and this year he is having an off year. Plekanec had an off year last year, there's no reason that Souray can't come back to form.

Yes, he's injury prone but he brings a physical presence and is a great locker room guy. He could even mentor Subban/Weber/Carle since they all play the role of an offensive D.
He doesn't bring much physical presence man. He'll fight to defend a teammate getting his bell rung and now that patches is back in the A, it would happen too infrequently to merit paying 5.5 million for him.

Why would WE take on extra salary to help them out, and give them our first on top of it. Spacek is bad, but 3.8 million is miles away from 5.5, especially with salaries like gomez' on the team.

Again, using the 'it's an off year for him' mentality, couldn't we just apply the same thing to spacek? He's had the most disappointing seasons i've seen a habs UFA acquisition have since samsonov and could very well turn it around. That's not to say i don't want him gone, but if we ship him off it's to dump salary, not to pile more on.

We have too many offensive minded D in the system to warrant giving up a 1st rounder we could use in getting us a big tough forward we could use down the road. I love souray's toughness. In fact I think that he's very underrated as a fighter, and he could take most players regarded as 'heavy weights'. But a rock 'em sock 'em Souray is a far cry from what I'd want if we traded our first rounder.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
NOW GO TELL Ducks fans Artyukhin doesn't stink, the other guys guy were right, if he can't pull it together at 27 years old he'll never be more then what he is right now, and like i said , if the Habs want grit, bring somebody who's known to protect his teammates. Artyukhin has never fought for anybody but himself when he gets pissed off.
go tell the wild Latendresse is slow and sucks

go tell the Ducks chips stinks....

they will argue with you all day....

why is Chips loved by ducks fans? yet all the pros in Montreal says omg he sucks ?

you guys are unreal "blind"....loook down our roster boys.....loook down our roster...

open your eyes

5 mins a night = player losing confidence

ASK BENIOT P....he said"any time i made a mistake in Minny I WAS BENCHED...in Montreal they let me play my game...

Old
01-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Artyukhin is so overrated. Nothing more than a 4th line grinder that will occasionally fight.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Next Best Thing*

Martin Hanzal anyone? Or is he an untouchable.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Artyukhin is so overrated. Nothing more than a 4th line grinder that will occasionally fight.
and if thats all he ever becomes WE CAN USE IT .

Begin hitting 250 times.

or Artyukhin hitting you 250 times

if ya had your choice ,who would you pick not to hit you?>>?>

Begin or Artyukhin
If you had to fight one, who would you pick not to fight.

If Chara goes wild

who wouldnt get killed fighting him

Begin or Artyukhin

Old
01-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Where would he fit? He's not an upgrade on Pleks or Gomez and he is not physical enough to be a bgottom 6 guy.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Where would he fit? He's not an upgrade on Pleks or Gomez and he is not physical enough to be a bgottom 6 guy.
Lol what?

He'd be perfect for the third line, he's very good defensively and he's got sick size.

He said Martin Hanzal, maybe you got him and this guy mixed up...

Old
01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Hmm I don't know, we MAKE room for him. If we're ever in a position to get him Metropolit will be expendable for sure. Play the kid on the third line and groom him. 22 years old and just under .5 ppg on an excellent 'Yotes team so I really doubt they are willing to part with him.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
trade for Artyukhin!
Amen, he may not be the most gifted player but would he be great on the third line with Moen and Metropolit. Add to that he could play on the second wave PP from time to time and just post himself in front of the net ala Chara!

Old
01-25-2010, 05:59 PM
JustAHabFan

I agreed with most the poster here. If we are in the playoff at the trade deadline, try to dump Mara/Spacek and improve our bottom 6 by getting players like Artyukhin, Kostopoulos, etc. Getting Kosto back is a good idea because he did well in the playoff and have good chemistry with Lapierre. Also try to replace both Mara/Spacek with a more mobile and reliable defenseman. I am fine with Gill because he defended well in PK situation which is huge in the playoff.

Old
01-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Hanzal could play 3rd line

Plekanec
Gomez
Hanzal
Lapierre/Metropolit

Old
01-25-2010, 06:00 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Amen, he may not be the most gifted player but would he be great on the third line with Moen and Metropolit. Add to that he could play on the second wave PP from time to time and just post himself in front of the net ala Chara!
I remember him doing that to us when he was in tampa bay .... You cant push that guy away.... it's just impossible

Old
01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Artyukhin's all right and all but really? He's not vastly different from what we already have in Travis Moen. He's probably got more of a mean streak, but Moen can actually play defense, kill penalties, etc.

Anyone know why Artyukhin has only played 34 games this year? Injury or healthy scratch (honest question)?

Old
01-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

hey ,

STEVE BEGIN (yes the guy we got on waivers) was how old when he hit Montreal?

and oHmy the guy played 120 games only had 16pts...
Artyukhin 179 games 46 pts
YOUR LOGIC says these guys are usless.

Now how did Begin stay in Montreal 5 years and become a fans favorite?SPEEDING AROUND hitting.

YUP HE HIT

Artyukhin(HITS MORE/and is faster) ... now tell me man ,when the big man of 260 lb hits the boards, if the fans loved Begin , they will love the bigman Artyukhin

and who care if ART fight only when pissed off , thats great go get a goon for line 4 if ya want one...but im telling ya right TODAY put any Habs infront of Chara(if chara goes nuts) and what happens? (they get destroyed)

Artyukhin would be the only guy standing (as he knocked down Chara his last fight with him)

Old
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Mike8

Quote:
no , you logic is flawed period.

ill use Selanne's example
Andy McDonald <do yourself a favor,,,his first 4 season "were meh" check out his first 180 games...if it was Montreal we'd already label him a bust im sure.

Check out the player he turned into .

AGAIN your logic is flawed sorry .

anyways i keep cheering for Matt DARCHE..you get my point .
Why do you insist on continuing this? I've said we disagree. Do you think I'm going to suddenly agree with you?

McDonald scored 25 goals in 34 games in the NCAA. He had proven to be talented offensively. In his first pro season, he put up 40 points in 46 games.

That's the difference. And that's the logic: McDonald scored at a lower level. He had proven he was talented. Artyukhin's never been a scorer at any level, and yet you expect him to develop that ability at a late age. My logic may be flawed, but there is zero logic in your argument.

That's why I'm done with this argument, because you insist that you're right, just as you have wanted dozens of cast-off players who never were worth it.

Old
01-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Untouchable I'd say, but definitely a player I'd love to have on the team.

Old
01-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Mara for Artyukhin

(lats vs pouliot pt deux)
I'd do that no question. Artyukhin is a pretty tough customer. He has some hands, he's cheap. He has a bit of a temper issue I believe and he is a visor fighter, but he's a great 3rd, 4th line player.

Quote:
Hanzal has great skill, size and toughness. He's the opposite of what Montréal would acquire. Same with Artyukhin.

Anyone who is big, tough, throws the body and has some skill we won't get.

Old
01-25-2010, 06:10 PM
JustAHabFan

what about Cullen from Carolina? He always did well against us. He is getting old, but may be have enough in the tank for this season. Is he UFA in July?

Old
01-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Why do you insist on continuing this? I've said we disagree. Do you think I'm going to suddenly agree with you?

McDonald scored 25 goals in 34 games in the NCAA. He had proven to be talented offensively. In his first pro season, he put up 40 points in 46 games.

That's the difference. And that's the logic: McDonald scored at a lower level. He had proven he was talented. Artyukhin's never been a scorer at any level, and yet you expect him to develop that ability at a late age. My logic may be flawed, but there is zero logic in your argument.

That's why I'm done with this argument, because you insist that you're right, just as you have wanted dozens of cast-off players who never were worth it.
whats your point?
Evgeny Artyukhin played one year of JR

53 games
13 goals 27asst 40pts / 204penealy min

pretty good stats for a in 53 games for a guy who was also in the box 204 mins!

im done with ya . i dont agree with you 119% on Evgeny Artyukhin.

it will be just a few more weeks to see if we get him .

Old
01-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'd do that no question. Artyukhin is a pretty tough customer. He has some hands, he's cheap. He has a bit of a temper issue I believe and he is a visor fighter, but he's a great 3rd, 4th line player.

Hanzal has great skill, size and toughness. He's the opposite of what Montréal would acquire. Same with Artyukhin.

Anyone who is big, tough, throws the body and has some skill we won't get.
That's why I want them, a fan can dream, can't he?

Old
01-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

This thread is close to 1000, but there is a brand new thread that we can continue this discussion in.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=729666

Closed Thread