HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The proposal thread (Place all your trade proposals here)

View Poll Results: With Carter, what happens to Plekanec
We find a way to keep, deadlocking the center position and cap 35 60.34%
Thanks Mr. Plekanec for your contribution, but... 13 22.41%
We keep as an asset to trade later on... 10 17.24%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2010, 05:39 PM
  #901
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Mara for Artyukhin

(lats vs pouliot pt deux)

Next Best Thing* is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:39 PM
  #902
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
LEAVE age out of it ,

MArk Streit was what where he came to Montreal?28?

and man did he ever not loook like a guy who had what it took.

NOW GO TELL the Islander fans he stinks


Huet he was what? when did he bloosom?
NOW GO TELL Ducks fans Artyukhin doesn't stink, the other guys guy were right, if he can't pull it together at 27 years old he'll never be more then what he is right now, and like i said , if the Habs want grit, bring somebody who's known to protect his teammates. Artyukhin has never fought for anybody but himself when he gets pissed off.

Maxpac is online now  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:40 PM
  #903
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Of course. And so, perhaps Montreal should look to reacquire Kovalev. Maybe he'll develop a defensive game.

I think this conversation is done. You want Artyukhin and think that Montreal would thrive with him because he'd develop mystical powers, and a scoring touch that didn't even bless him in juniors where he was literally a man among boys. I disagree. Thankfully for me, I doubt we'll ever find out.
no , you logic is flawed period.

ill use Selanne's example
Andy McDonald <do yourself a favor,,,his first 4 season "were meh" check out his first 180 games...if it was Montreal we'd already label him a bust im sure.


Check out the player he turned into .


AGAIN your logic is flawed sorry .


anyways i keep cheering for Matt DARCHE..you get my point .

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:41 PM
  #904
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I am sitting on my couch with my laptop. I win.


Souray is a great player, he had 53 points last year and this year he is having an off year. Plekanec had an off year last year, there's no reason that Souray can't come back to form.

Yes, he's injury prone but he brings a physical presence and is a great locker room guy. He could even mentor Subban/Weber/Carle since they all play the role of an offensive D.
He doesn't bring much physical presence man. He'll fight to defend a teammate getting his bell rung and now that patches is back in the A, it would happen too infrequently to merit paying 5.5 million for him.

Why would WE take on extra salary to help them out, and give them our first on top of it. Spacek is bad, but 3.8 million is miles away from 5.5, especially with salaries like gomez' on the team.

Again, using the 'it's an off year for him' mentality, couldn't we just apply the same thing to spacek? He's had the most disappointing seasons i've seen a habs UFA acquisition have since samsonov and could very well turn it around. That's not to say i don't want him gone, but if we ship him off it's to dump salary, not to pile more on.

We have too many offensive minded D in the system to warrant giving up a 1st rounder we could use in getting us a big tough forward we could use down the road. I love souray's toughness. In fact I think that he's very underrated as a fighter, and he could take most players regarded as 'heavy weights'. But a rock 'em sock 'em Souray is a far cry from what I'd want if we traded our first rounder.

overlords is online now  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:43 PM
  #905
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
NOW GO TELL Ducks fans Artyukhin doesn't stink, the other guys guy were right, if he can't pull it together at 27 years old he'll never be more then what he is right now, and like i said , if the Habs want grit, bring somebody who's known to protect his teammates. Artyukhin has never fought for anybody but himself when he gets pissed off.
go tell the wild Latendresse is slow and sucks

go tell the Ducks chips stinks....

they will argue with you all day....

why is Chips loved by ducks fans? yet all the pros in Montreal says omg he sucks ?




you guys are unreal "blind"....loook down our roster boys.....loook down our roster...


open your eyes

5 mins a night = player losing confidence

ASK BENIOT P....he said"any time i made a mistake in Minny I WAS BENCHED...in Montreal they let me play my game...

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:45 PM
  #906
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,314
vCash: 500
Artyukhin is so overrated. Nothing more than a 4th line grinder that will occasionally fight.

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:48 PM
  #907
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Martin Hanzal anyone? Or is he an untouchable.

Next Best Thing* is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:49 PM
  #908
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Artyukhin is so overrated. Nothing more than a 4th line grinder that will occasionally fight.
and if thats all he ever becomes WE CAN USE IT .

Begin hitting 250 times.

or Artyukhin hitting you 250 times


if ya had your choice ,who would you pick not to hit you?>>?>


Begin or Artyukhin
If you had to fight one, who would you pick not to fight.



If Chara goes wild

who wouldnt get killed fighting him

Begin or Artyukhin

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:49 PM
  #909
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Martin Hanzal anyone? Or is he an untouchable.
Where would he fit? He's not an upgrade on Pleks or Gomez and he is not physical enough to be a bgottom 6 guy.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
  #910
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Where would he fit? He's not an upgrade on Pleks or Gomez and he is not physical enough to be a bgottom 6 guy.
Lol what?

He'd be perfect for the third line, he's very good defensively and he's got sick size.

He said Martin Hanzal, maybe you got him and this guy mixed up...


YMCMBeaulieu is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
  #911
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Where would he fit? He's not an upgrade on Pleks or Gomez and he is not physical enough to be a bgottom 6 guy.
Hmm I don't know, we MAKE room for him. If we're ever in a position to get him Metropolit will be expendable for sure. Play the kid on the third line and groom him. 22 years old and just under .5 ppg on an excellent 'Yotes team so I really doubt they are willing to part with him.

Next Best Thing* is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:56 PM
  #912
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
trade for Artyukhin!
Amen, he may not be the most gifted player but would he be great on the third line with Moen and Metropolit. Add to that he could play on the second wave PP from time to time and just post himself in front of the net ala Chara!

Mats NAslund is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:59 PM
  #913
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
I agreed with most the poster here. If we are in the playoff at the trade deadline, try to dump Mara/Spacek and improve our bottom 6 by getting players like Artyukhin, Kostopoulos, etc. Getting Kosto back is a good idea because he did well in the playoff and have good chemistry with Lapierre. Also try to replace both Mara/Spacek with a more mobile and reliable defenseman. I am fine with Gill because he defended well in PK situation which is huge in the playoff.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 05:59 PM
  #914
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,314
vCash: 500
Hanzal could play 3rd line

Plekanec
Gomez
Hanzal
Lapierre/Metropolit

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 06:00 PM
  #915
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Amen, he may not be the most gifted player but would he be great on the third line with Moen and Metropolit. Add to that he could play on the second wave PP from time to time and just post himself in front of the net ala Chara!
I remember him doing that to us when he was in tampa bay .... You cant push that guy away.... it's just impossible

katatoniak is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
  #916
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,875
vCash: 500
Awards:
Artyukhin's all right and all but really? He's not vastly different from what we already have in Travis Moen. He's probably got more of a mean streak, but Moen can actually play defense, kill penalties, etc.

Anyone know why Artyukhin has only played 34 games this year? Injury or healthy scratch (honest question)?

hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 06:02 PM
  #917
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
NOW GO TELL Ducks fans Artyukhin doesn't stink, the other guys guy were right, if he can't pull it together at 27 years old he'll never be more then what he is right now, and like i said , if the Habs want grit, bring somebody who's known to protect his teammates. Artyukhin has never fought for anybody but himself when he gets pissed off.


hey ,

STEVE BEGIN (yes the guy we got on waivers) was how old when he hit Montreal?

and oHmy the guy played 120 games only had 16pts...
Artyukhin 179 games 46 pts
YOUR LOGIC says these guys are usless.


Now how did Begin stay in Montreal 5 years and become a fans favorite?SPEEDING AROUND hitting.


YUP HE HIT


Artyukhin(HITS MORE/and is faster) ... now tell me man ,when the big man of 260 lb hits the boards, if the fans loved Begin , they will love the bigman Artyukhin


and who care if ART fight only when pissed off , thats great go get a goon for line 4 if ya want one...but im telling ya right TODAY put any Habs infront of Chara(if chara goes nuts) and what happens? (they get destroyed)

Artyukhin would be the only guy standing (as he knocked down Chara his last fight with him)

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
  #918
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
no , you logic is flawed period.

ill use Selanne's example
Andy McDonald <do yourself a favor,,,his first 4 season "were meh" check out his first 180 games...if it was Montreal we'd already label him a bust im sure.


Check out the player he turned into .


AGAIN your logic is flawed sorry .


anyways i keep cheering for Matt DARCHE..you get my point .
Why do you insist on continuing this? I've said we disagree. Do you think I'm going to suddenly agree with you?

McDonald scored 25 goals in 34 games in the NCAA. He had proven to be talented offensively. In his first pro season, he put up 40 points in 46 games.

That's the difference. And that's the logic: McDonald scored at a lower level. He had proven he was talented. Artyukhin's never been a scorer at any level, and yet you expect him to develop that ability at a late age. My logic may be flawed, but there is zero logic in your argument.

That's why I'm done with this argument, because you insist that you're right, just as you have wanted dozens of cast-off players who never were worth it.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 06:07 PM
  #919
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Martin Hanzal anyone? Or is he an untouchable.
Untouchable I'd say, but definitely a player I'd love to have on the team.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 06:09 PM
  #920
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Mara for Artyukhin

(lats vs pouliot pt deux)
I'd do that no question. Artyukhin is a pretty tough customer. He has some hands, he's cheap. He has a bit of a temper issue I believe and he is a visor fighter, but he's a great 3rd, 4th line player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Martin Hanzal anyone? Or is he an untouchable.
Hanzal has great skill, size and toughness. He's the opposite of what Montréal would acquire. Same with Artyukhin.

Anyone who is big, tough, throws the body and has some skill we won't get.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 06:10 PM
  #921
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
what about Cullen from Carolina? He always did well against us. He is getting old, but may be have enough in the tank for this season. Is he UFA in July?

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 06:11 PM
  #922
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Why do you insist on continuing this? I've said we disagree. Do you think I'm going to suddenly agree with you?

McDonald scored 25 goals in 34 games in the NCAA. He had proven to be talented offensively. In his first pro season, he put up 40 points in 46 games.

That's the difference. And that's the logic: McDonald scored at a lower level. He had proven he was talented. Artyukhin's never been a scorer at any level, and yet you expect him to develop that ability at a late age. My logic may be flawed, but there is zero logic in your argument.

That's why I'm done with this argument, because you insist that you're right, just as you have wanted dozens of cast-off players who never were worth it.
whats your point?
Evgeny Artyukhin played one year of JR

53 games
13 goals 27asst 40pts / 204penealy min


pretty good stats for a in 53 games for a guy who was also in the box 204 mins!


im done with ya . i dont agree with you 119% on Evgeny Artyukhin.


it will be just a few more weeks to see if we get him .

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 06:12 PM
  #923
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'd do that no question. Artyukhin is a pretty tough customer. He has some hands, he's cheap. He has a bit of a temper issue I believe and he is a visor fighter, but he's a great 3rd, 4th line player.



Hanzal has great skill, size and toughness. He's the opposite of what Montréal would acquire. Same with Artyukhin.

Anyone who is big, tough, throws the body and has some skill we won't get.
That's why I want them, a fan can dream, can't he?

Next Best Thing* is offline  
Old
01-25-2010, 06:14 PM
  #924
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,241
vCash: 500
This thread is close to 1000, but there is a brand new thread that we can continue this discussion in.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=729666

Habs10Habs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.