HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Not so bleak season...

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 10:01 AM
PhoPhan

vCash: 500
Not so bleak season...

Everyone here has basically written off the chance of any of our young'ns playing this year, and that they may all bust onto the scene next year.
Is there any chance that a few of our vets really underperform in camp and are exposed in the waiver draft, allowing someone like Sjostrom or Taffe to play regularly?

Could you imagine how awesome a Nagy-Hrdina-Sjostrom line would be?

Old
09-23-2003, 02:25 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan

Could you imagine how awesome a Nagy-Hrdina-Sjostrom line would be?
Assuming Sjostrom can adjust going from the WHL to the NHL.

Francis isnt the greatest youth movement coach, reason numbero uno why his days are numbered.

He would rather play the veteran twice than give the young guy a chance.

Old
09-24-2003, 09:12 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Just to play devil's advocate - two years ago Kolanos was not expected to make the team yet Francis picked him even though that meant dealing Letowski to clear a spot.

From Safronov and Briere to Focht, Kolanos and Taffe young players have been getting chances. If Sjostrom makes the AHL his toy, he will get his too Im sure.

Old
09-24-2003, 12:02 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
You really don't know what you are talking about do you?
I assume your adressing my comments on Booby.

He gets players playing, and thats about it. Numerous times the team just shut down and didnt listen to him, it took a gretzky lecture for the team to get back into a respectable state.

I never see the young guy getting a chance over the older veteran, or the guy that costs more. Isnt that why Taffe wasnt in a coyote uniform all season last year? Past management and the early days of this one have made mistakes preventing from youth being effective in the coyotes, and francis sure as hell isnt helping the situation.

For god sakes, they couldnt call up Jaspers or SOMEBODY from the farm to give them a shot on the 4th line which was just bodies. I hope to god you arent defending him(francis).

But what do I know, your the former NHL coach and im just the average fan

Closed Thread