HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Lucic + for Kovalchuck

Old
01-23-2010, 08:50 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
He dropped 42 points in 72 games as a 20 year old last year (basically no PP time). All at 6-4 230lbs with 23 fighting majors in his first two seasons. He's also a devastating hitter. There's a reason he's worshiped in Boston.

Is he overrated by a lot of Bruins fans? Probably. That doesn't change the fact the he's core player with a unique skill set though. Like Bergeron, I'd say he's worth more to the Bruins than he is in a trade.
The problem is that a guy making $4m and taking up salary cap space for a 30 goal scorer or a 20 minute defenseman shouldnt be getting the money because he takes 23 fighting penalties. There are guys that make the league minimum that can do that.

To be worth the contract he needs to be scoring some goals and creating some offense. The Bruins have been scrounging for goals all season. They got one today.

Who would you rather have? Jeff Carter at $4m per for 5 years or Lucic?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGSens View Post
Wow. When people say only on HF Boards, now I know what they mean.

Kovalchuk will be traded. Atlanta wants to move him but it won't be for a sweetheart deal like that. Kings are offering Frolov plus picks/prospects. That is where he wants to go I hear.
Who gives a rats ass where Kovulchuk wants to go...he'll go to whichever team offers Waddell the best offer. Heck, If I were Waddell I might send him to the least desirable place of his choosing; afterall he's the one who's screwing the franchise with his "I really want to resign in Atlanta", yet refusing to do so. If Kovy wants to go to LA, they're going to have to blow away the 2nd best offer, otherwise if I'm GMDW I take the next best package and a parting Eff Ewe to Kovulchuk.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2010, 09:27 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
The problem is that a guy making $4m and taking up salary cap space for a 30 goal scorer or a 20 minute defenseman shouldnt be getting the money because he takes 23 fighting penalties. There are guys that make the league minimum that can do that.
Yeah, but those guys making league minimum aren't capable of playing on a scoring line. Having Lucic ride shotgun with Savard and another skill player is a big advantage for the Bruins. Not only does he create a lot of space doing the dirty work in corners and using his size in the paint, but he also provides a level of protection. A guy like Marc Savard needs it too. He plays like a punk. He bloodied up Chris Neil pretty good in the pre-season defending him.

Lucic isn't even making $4 million this season. His extension doesn't kick in until next year. I think the plan this season was to get him more involved on the offensive side of the puck (like with a regular PP shift). I think that's part of the reason they got the extension done so early. An injury riddled season has slowed that development down somewhat, but the coaching staff will have to use him more when he starts earning the big bucks. Otherwise it'll be hard to justify that contract.

Quote:
To be worth the contract he needs to be scoring some goals and creating some offense. The Bruins have been scrounging for goals all season. They got one today.
Lucic is more of a heady passer and opportunistic goal scorer anyway. Good overall sense of the game, but not a creator on offense. If he's playing on a scoring line, the numbers will come. His skill set has always been underrated.

Quote:
What does that have to do with anything? Different players with TOTALLY different games. If I'm looking for a goal scorer, I take Carter. If I want a true power forward, I take Lucic.

BadBruins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 06:21 PM
19sharks19

i`m almost in full agreement with you. not a kov. type player but, can lead in so many other ways. just like the once awesome cam neely. i for one would never trade lucic if i was in bruins mgnt.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 07:48 PM
leafmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its77InMyBlood8 View Post
TO ATL
Wideman
Lucic
Krejci

To Boston
Kovvy

OH wait the Bruins don't have a GM with BALLS enough to make this offer.....he is still evaluating
It would be a dumb move for a team not even in the playoffs at this point to be thinking of a rental at that price.

leafmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:39 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
How about ONE of those players and a 2nd one on the condition that Kovy resigns?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 10:53 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Being realistic here, I think fans need to see Kovalchuk as a rental at this point.

With all the time Savard and Lucic have missed this year the Bruins likely have the cap space to absorb his salary.

You're not going to get a first line player or a first pairing d-man in return unless they're UFA next year and that just isn't going to happen because it dosn't make one bit of sense unless Atlanta gets the chance to secretly chat with the player about resigning with them before the trade goes down.

What Atlanta got for Hossa was insane, but it worked because the Penguins were stuffed up the YingYang with great core players PLUS they knew their 1st overall pick wasn't likely going to win them over a bluechip prospect.

A first rounder, which will be 20th-30th overall, of course.
2 good prospects(nothing in the top 30 prospects on HF's list) or two decent 2nd line forwards or top 4 dmen.

I'm leaning towards thinking it's not going to be 2 prospects, because Atlanta needs to be able to sell to the people that their acquisitions are going to pay off right away.

If Phaneuf goes to Atlanta for Kovie you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a clause in the trade which awards Calgary A LOT in the case that Kovalchuk doesn't resign with the Flames. It would be a horrible risk of the Thrashers because the deal pays off for the Flames way too much.

Flames likely end up getting a few firsts and they clear a ton of cap space while receiving at least a few first rounders from Atlanta and likely throw everything but the kitchen sink at Marleau trying to get him signed in the off-season. If the Flames signed him and resigned Borque it would be a PR distaster for Atlanta, while the Flames would defintely be one of the scariest teams in the West.

All because of a playoff rental.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2010, 11:26 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
TO ATL
Wideman
Lucic
Krejci

To Boston
Kovvy

OH wait the Bruins don't have a GM with BALLS enough to make this offer.....he is still evaluating
Stop. The "evaluating" joke got old a long time ago and you're just calling attention to yourself needlessly.

Plus, that proposal is brutal.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:04 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
TO ATL
Wideman
Lucic
Krejci

To Boston
Kovvy

No, we just don't have a GM stupid enough to trade all 3 for a rental that wont change the outcome of the 09/10 season without everyone else playing like they did last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3f3ns3 View Post
If he doesn't have the ballz, why post it?
Cuz he has a "thing" for lucic. He's hated on lucic every chance he got.
Lucic broke a finger, needed surgery and his first response was.
"he's a wuss" then went on to compare lucic to george laraque...
Don't mind him. I think he may be disgruntled.

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
ccgg

Why do you write Lucic in the title? He is the worst player of the three (Wideman/Lucic/Krejci).... Lucic is so overrated... he is at best a third liner with no skill who can fight... and he has a lot of money... haha! He wasn't able to do 50 points last year with Kessel (36 goals) and Savard (88 points). He is a coward who choose his fight like Carcillo. It's a big NO from Atlanta.... put at least Zdeno Chara....

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:02 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Why do you write Lucic in the title? He is the worst player of the three (Wideman/Lucic/Krejci).... Lucic is so overrated... he is at best a third liner with no skill who can fight... and he has a lot of money... haha! He wasn't able to do 50 points last year with Kessel (36 goals) and Savard (88 points). He is a coward who choose his fight like Carcillo. It's a big NO from Atlanta.... put at least Zdeno Chara....
Not one thing you said their was correct...Wideman is the worst player...He is good 2nd liner on most teams...hes making 850k this year still....he has fought numerous heavyweights...Atlanta accepts this because they lose Kovy at the end of the year anyways...why would we trade our captain for a rental?

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
No. wait, I meant this one....

I thought you guys in Canada were supposed to be big hockey fans. If you are only seeing the stat sheets through his 2 and a half seasons in the NHL, yeah, a bit underwhelming. If you watched as many Bruins games as true Bruins fans, you would realize what the kid brings to the team. Is he overpaid? A bit, yes. Does he have a lot to learn? Again, yes. But does he have tools and a heart that you can't teach? Absolutely. Lucic has the ability to change a game, and I believe that with a little help on his skating and shot, he has a shot to get 30 goals. If Hartnell can do it, Lucic can.

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:13 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggemon Destiny View Post
Fixed
Oh Boo hooo.. someones still upset Lucic runs all over his team, doing what he wants when he wants... There aint a damn thing anyone on Montreal can do about it so get over it...He will be slapping around the smurfs like 6th grade school girls for years to come..

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:19 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Yup, the same guy who rolled all over the habs the past 2 postseasons?? THe same guy that habs d-men avoid at all cost when they were going into the corner with him?? How many turnovers has he produced against the habs when their dmen were SCARED to take a hit from him and instead coughed up the puck?? Yup sorry but he has owned the habs physically the last 2 postseasons. You should know that if you watched any of them.... But hey he is awful...LOL....

Last edited by Majik1987: 01-25-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: trolling
yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:39 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post

I dont like the deal either and think its over payment for a second contract off of one good season (last year)

you can hardly judge him based on this year how ever.

But to compare him to just another guy that makes league minimum and fights is also not a very accurate point, not at all.

he does score a bit, and he does create offensive, as was seen last year.

does he do enough of it to warrant next years deal, i dont think so, wait and see and all, but i wont be liking it next year, unless he is getting 20 goals.

remains to be seen how ever.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:40 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
another ignorant troll for the ignore list......

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 12:47 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders0n74 View Post
For Neeley / PC to move Lucic, it would take a #1 d-man, a top 3 forward, plus a 1st round pick. Not overrating my team's players, just saying it would take a gross overpayment (and not one I would advise my team to make, if I was the one trading for him).

Edit: You'd also have to take Ryder and his contract as well .
I knew that Bruins fans like Lucic a lot but this is madness. Lucic for a #1 Defenseman + A top 3 forward + 1st Round pick? Who do you think Lucic is? Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin type of player?

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psydeshow View Post
San Jose will sign Marleau. Do you really think he'll leave the Sharks playing on a meal-ticket line with Heatley and Thornton? Not unless someone offers him a ridiculous multi-year deal!
Leafs can offer him a ton of money. Easy job to just feed Kessell the puck.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 01:23 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Leafs can offer him a ton of money. Easy job to just feed Kessell the puck.
If the Leafs needs a player like Kessel, why didn't they throw a ton of money to Cammalleri last summer. I think Cammalleri is a better player than Kessel (a little bit older but still in his prime). They had the cap room to sign Cammalleri and it would save them 2 1st round picks and 1 2nd round pick.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 03:26 PM
nitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders0n74 View Post
For Neeley / PC to move Lucic, it would take a #1 d-man, a top 3 forward, plus a 1st round pick. Not overrating my team's players, just saying it would take a gross overpayment (and not one I would advise my team to make, if I was the one trading for him).

Edit: You'd also have to take Ryder and his contract as well .
If that's what it would take to land Lucic, he's going to be a Bruin for a LONG time. Which isn't a bad thing.

nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 05:02 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I knew that Bruins fans like Lucic a lot but this is madness. Lucic for a #1 Defenseman + A top 3 forward + 1st Round pick? Who do you think Lucic is? Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin type of player?
I think that little laughing smiley face means he is joking.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Torgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
I don't even know what you are saying here...seriously. You have me confused. Why are you discussing Carcillo and Gaborik?

How many Leafs does he need to put through glass to make you understand his value as a hitter and offensive weapon by putting pressure on defensemen? How many times does he need to make Komisarek look bad by rushing the puck to avoid the hit?

You really aren't making any sense.
Neither are you, talking about the Leafs in a Trade thread involving Boston and Atlanta.

Torgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 06:37 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
wow still angry about last year huh lmao

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
HAHA! Spoken from an Atlanta fan eh? HAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThreat View Post
Neither are you, talking about the Leafs in a Trade thread involving Boston and Atlanta.
A Leafs fan comes on and begins to bash the Bruins and Lucic and you don't expect me to respond to his post? Silly.

For the record, this trade is terrible. I'll take Lucic on Boston anyday...even with all the strange Habs and Leafs fans voicing their opinions on the matter...for some reason.

Sorry guys, he isn't leaving the Northeast so suck it up.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 09:33 PM
81ragnaH

congratulations, you made PuckDaddy. you should be proud.

Quote:
Perfect HFBoards trade proposal of the week

User "Its77InMyBlood8" (because Its77InMyBlood, and Its77InMyBlood1 through Its77InMyBlood7 were taken?) has this daring proposal for the Bruins to wrangle a person I believe to be Ilya Kovalchuk(notes).
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...aining-content

81ragnaH is online now   Reply With Quote