HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#53 - 01.25.2010 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - VS. (HD)

Old
01-26-2010, 07:53 AM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Then why don't you just go root for aNOTHer team, huh? HUH?

Here's the thing about last night. The Pens are a better team by a country mile. Losing to them is to be expected. But it was their second game in two nights and they STILL outplayed the Rangers. One would think a tight-checking game the night before against the Flyers would reduce the disparity between the Blueshirts and Pens.

Aaaaaah, who am I kidding?

All is well.
Just simmer down. HF still thinks we have the 3rd best prospect pool!!

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:01 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
You forgot to add that Sather has won multiple Cups.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
You forgot to add that Sather has won multiple Cups.
Do those still count? Technically anything pre-lockout doesn't exist. Or are we wormholing around to the 80's so that only two elements of Sather's body of work exists: Rangers excellence circa 2004 and the Oiler Dynasty.

Old
01-26-2010, 08:13 AM
dedalus

I find your negativity and cynicism wholly distasteful and entirely NOT in keeping with this team's inevitably bright future.

Old
01-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
I find your negativity and cynicism wholly distasteful and entirely NOT in keeping with this team's inevitably bright future.
Well, technically my negativity and cynicism doesn't exist either.

Old
01-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Butch 19
King me

I saw parts of last night's game on VS, and it seemed that the lighting level was very low. There were dark (pooly lit) patches of ice behind one of the nets and a dark spot in front of the other.

A few seasons ago I thought MSG had terrible lighting, but then it appeared to be ok for a while on tv, but last night it looked quite bad again.

Anyone else notice this on tv? Does it look dark in person?

And no, every other NHL arena looks fine on tv - and in HD they look even better. Maybe it's the HD that makes MSG look worse than it really is...?

It just looks odd.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Versus has the worst cameras in the NHL. They make most of the arena appear to be darker then normal. MSG has looked just fine most of the season in HD as a matter of fact it has appeared better then the last few seasons. I love the game from Calgary they look like your sitting on the ice and the lighting is amazing. MSG Plus seems to come off a little dark also.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:52 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Versus has the worst cameras in the NHL. They make most of the arena appear to be darker then normal. MSG has looked just fine most of the season in HD as a matter of fact it has appeared better then the last few seasons. I love the game from Calgary they look like your sitting on the ice and the lighting is amazing. MSG Plus seems to come off a little dark also.
It is that dark. It's the cloud hanging over this organization.

01-26-2010, 08:56 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Then why don't you just go root for aNOTHer team, huh? HUH?
The thought HAS crossed my mind....I just can't do it.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:23 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Plus, is it just me, or do they have NO IDEA how to operate them. The camera constantly drifts away from the play or fails to pick up on changes in the puck's movement. Awful camerawork.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:29 AM
bubba5

Quote:
So how long are we gonna wait for this great prospect pool, I have heard it before and I'm sure the will fade away like all others. I remebmer in the early 90's the Mets had can't miss prospect starting pitchers labeled Generation K: Pulsipher, and Isringhausen, Paul Wilson. Look how that turned out.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Do those still count? Technically anything pre-lockout doesn't exist. Or are we wormholing around to the 80's so that only two elements of Sather's body of work exists: Rangers excellence circa 2004 and the Oiler Dynasty.
With Gretzky, Messier, Coffey, Fuhr, Kurri, Anderson, I think my 11 year old cousin could've lead that team to a cup.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:54 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If anything pre-lockout doesn't exist then you need to take in to account that the Rangers made the playoffs every since and need to compare that with the rest of the league's record.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:28 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
I love the manic-depressive GDTs a lot. Better than the games some times.

A lot of poster bag on Brooks, but these other milk toast reporters should envy his cojones. What bland questions. You'd think they would probe a little more. Ask real questions the fans want an answered.

I'm indifferent to losses, not because of the higher draft position, but because I want it to get so bad that management gets held accountable. This is a very unlikeable (dis)organization. Has been for 10 years.
We didn't really get a chance. 3 questions is just the start of a press conference that usually goes 3-7 minutes. Last night, it was 80 seconds. And the first question he barely gave an answer for.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:36 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
If anything pre-lockout doesn't exist then you need to take in to account that the Rangers made the playoffs every since and need to compare that with the rest of the league's record.
All of those teams barely made it and were poorly constructed. No once did I think they had any chance to advance past the second round.

In those four years we only we beat the Devils and Atlanta in the playoffs. Ohhhh, what an accomplishment. The Devils team wasn't that good that year and Atlanta was putrid. In all the other series' we were ridiculously outmatched

Until the team makes it past the second round I couldn't care less how many times they make the playoffs.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:46 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It is that dark. It's the cloud hanging over this organization.
Post of the thread.

Old
01-26-2010, 11:03 AM
morffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
With Gretzky, Messier, Coffey, Fuhr, Kurri, Anderson, I think my 11 year old cousin could've lead that team to a cup.
And all those player magically appeared in an Oilers sweater one day...who do you think built that team?

I can see hating Sather for the mess were currently in ... but to not give him credit for what he did in Edmonton is silly.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
http://www.oilersheritage.com/legacy...lensather.html

what the hell happened to this GM?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

This team is going no where. We are no better (if not worse) than where we were last year. There is no heart, no teamwork, no fight to their game. Losing games the way we have at MSG --- supposedly one of the best "home" arenas to play in i.e. the home team should have a huge advantage... and our record at home sucks.

The future of this season and of upcoming seasons is pretty bleak for this franchise. When I exhibit no emotion when this team scores a goal, there's something wrong. Maybe I'm losing hope, I don't know.

A lot of me just wants them to suck the rest of the season so we get out of the mire of mediocrity. Making the playoffs just to exit in the first round isn't ****ing good enough. Either miss the playoffs, retool in the offseason, bring up some prospects, dump these overpaid FA bums to HFD, or go beyond the 1st round. I'm sick of the excuse the organization uses to raise ticket prices and propagandas the fans that "Oh since we made the playoffs, we're doing good"

Sorry, not ****ing good enough.

Having center ice and following other teams like Chicago, San Jose, even Colorado and LA... I envy things about those teams. I envy Chicago fans now who endured a few years of their team sucking to now having one of the most exciting teams in the league to watch and are cup contenders.

It's not fair that year after year, ****ing New York just can't seem to improve.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 02:03 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
I envy Chicago fans now who endured a few years of their team sucking
It was a heck of a lot longer than a "few"

The Blackhawks have been irrelevant since the early nineties.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:54 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Ask "old time" Caps fans (if you can actually find any) what happened there. Leonsis took a competitive team and GUTTED it, and ran off Washington's hockey community. Wasn't last year's playoff all you need to know about the "fans" there now?

You really think the Rangers stay relevant in New York City if they skate 12 Glen Metropolits and lose 55 games for three years?
That's not the case at all.
The Caps in the 80s and 90s had good teams but could never get a good following because Washington is not a hockey town.

When Leonsis bought the team he became fixated on the idea that Washington was a great hockey city, like New York, and wanted to convert/rid the arena of Rangers/Pens/Flyers fans and have it be sold out for the Caps.

He acquired Jagr and tried to spend.
Even though the Caps made the playoffs with Jagr, they could not sell out playoff games.
In 2003 he had 4,000 empty seats for game 6 which went into double overtime.
After the game, I will never forget this
Quote:
Washington Capitals owner Ted Leonsis said last night he was "heartbroken" by the poor attendance for his team's first-round playoff series with the Tampa Bay Lightning and vowed to alter his high-spending tendencies given the minimal fan support.

The Capitals, who lost the series in six games, announced crowds of over 15,000 for the final two games -- well short of the 18,277 capacity. Leonsis has doubled the payroll to around $50 million in recent seasons but the Capitals still have trouble drawing fans and have yet to win a playoff series since he purchased the team in 1998.

"It's incredibly disappointing to have 14,000 people in the building for the final playoff game," Leonsis said.
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-269601.html

Hence, next season when they got off to a slow start, he sold off players.
The fans didn't flee in response to this, fans never were there to begin with which is why he sold off players.

You might also recall he got into a choking fight with one of their fans in 2004.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 04:41 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
The Blackhawks have been irrelevant since the early nineties.
Meh. We've been irrelevant since the late 90's. I'd definitely rather be where Chicago is.