HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues (22-21-8) at Flames (26-19-6)

Old
01-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Great win! They played well, overall in the last half of the 3rd (unlike their recent 3rd period breakdowns.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
We should just play Mason at home and Conks on the road.

Thallis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:11 PM
kfox9611

4 points out boys!

kfox9611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Overkamp

vCash: 250
What was Iginla whining about? He was mouthing off to the bench as he was skating off too. Probably has something to do with Oshie. He couldn't stop following him around during the last five minutes.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:14 PM
schronote

I thought it was great how agitating Oshie was making their whole team by just playing solid relentless hockey, very good all around game.

schronote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:20 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Another solid performance by EJ tonight. It is so nice to see him out of the funk he was in there for a little bit.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:21 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
Yep, forgot. Sue me.
lemme check with Buffaloed and if I can, you'll be served soon enough.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

Unfortunately, I was only able to listen to the game on KMOX. However, I'm always impressed by how good Chase and Kerber are as a duo. It's a nice contrast from the vanilla duo (trio?) we're stuck with on television.

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Sniper
It's learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
What was Iginla whining about? He was mouthing off to the bench as he was skating off too. Probably has something to do with Oshie. He couldn't stop following him around during the last five minutes.
I'm sure Iginla just wanted to get in a few words while he had the chance (meaning while Backes is still out of the lineup.)

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Tilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I'm sure Iginla just wanted to get in a few words while he had the chance (meaning while Backes is still out of the lineup.)
I'm a Blues fan as well as a big fan of Backes, but Iginla would kill Backes if they dropped the mits. Backes can only throw down with non fighters, Iginla can actually fight.

Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 12:33 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by schronote View Post
I thought it was great how agitating Oshie was making their whole team by just playing solid relentless hockey, very good all around game.
Sure would be nice to see some of that during the Olympics. Oh well....next time.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 01:08 AM
MissouriBlues2008

If we had lost tonight, we would be 10 points out of 8th. Right now, we are 4 points out of 8th.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 01:14 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriBlues2008 View Post
If we had lost tonight, we would be 10 points out of 8th. Right now, we are 4 points out of 8th.
Right. In base 8.

Old
01-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Right. In base 8.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...92010&type=CON

As long as the Wings lose the game in hand.

Thallis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 01:20 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Sure would be nice to see some of that during the Olympics. Oh well....next time.
I don't know, Oshie should be on the taxi squad and you never know still might be an injury or two before now and the Olympics.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:33 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
We should just play Mason at home and Conks on the road.
I was thinking the same thing. It's weird that Conklin only has one "home" win this season and that was in Sweden. He's 7-1-1 in his 9 road starts with 3 shutouts.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:59 AM
mmitchell19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Unfortunately, I was only able to listen to the game on KMOX. However, I'm always impressed by how good Chase and Kerber are as a duo. It's a nice contrast from the vanilla duo (trio?) we're stuck with on television.
I was on my way to a beer league game last night & listened to the first period on the radio...I agree, Kerbs/Chase call a good game. They'll occasionally get to meandering about telling stories & miss some of the action, but that's part of their charm.

Chaser's line of the night: "Wow, Kerbs...Jokinen has thrown more checks in this period than he has in his entire career!"

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Oshie97

Great game by Oshie again. I'm starting to see him as our 1st line center in the future. Which brings me to think is Berglund expendable? He was in AM's dog house, now he's playing on the 4th line for Payne. His play has improved some but we have a decent group of players that can play center better than he can. Would you trade him for a decent return?

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Overkamp

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
Great game by Oshie again. I'm starting to see him as our 1st line center in the future. Which brings me to think is Berglund expendable? He was in AM's dog house, now he's playing on the 4th line for Payne. His play has improved some but we have a decent group of players that can play center better than he can. Would you trade him for a decent return?
I thought Berglund played well last night with 10 minutes of ice time. I hope (and he should) get the same treatment as Boyes who was given fourth line time and then after a good game was promoted back to top two line status..where he shined.

It's much too early to give up on Berglund. He needs a few weeks in Peoria. Recall Eller and let Berglund try to develop some consistency if anything else.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 01:06 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

I think Berglund is just fine. The last couple weeks, he's winning battles on the walls, showing just how well he can protect the puck, and making plays. He also hasn't been responsible for many defensive lapses.

Now, he's starting to find his way onto the scoresheet. I think the 4th line and decreased minutes takes the pressure off of him, but still allows him to have room to gain confidence and get things going. He's still learning how to play in this league. Having seen Boyes get the same treatment, there's no way he can perceive it as some kind of punishment. Its just in his best interest right now.

Assuming Eller can come up and play next year, I really am not sure what you do with the centers. Oshie as a center has been pretty impressive. I'd be pretty thrilled for the top 3 lines to be centered by Berglund, Oshie and Eller. But I see the three of them ultimately all playing on the top two lines, so someone has to move. Oshie is the most versatile...and if he's on both PP and PK, third line minutes aren't a problem, so maybe that's the answer.

Old
01-26-2010, 03:57 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Assuming Eller can come up and play next year, I really am not sure what you do with the centers. Oshie as a center has been pretty impressive. I'd be pretty thrilled for the top 3 lines to be centered by Berglund, Oshie and Eller. But I see the three of them ultimately all playing on the top two lines, so someone has to move. Oshie is the most versatile...and if he's on both PP and PK, third line minutes aren't a problem, so maybe that's the answer.
I enjoy the swiss army knife type of forwards these young guys can be. When you look at Backes, Oshie and Eller all being able to play wing or center that offers a whole lot of options in finding chemistry and creating lines when injuries hit. Then you add a vet like McDonald into that mix and it gets even more interesting. Can you imagine an Eller-Backes-Oshie line? I can also see Eller's style complimenting Berglund very well also.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote