HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Kariya

Old
01-26-2010, 04:53 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
Hey CHOSEN..... Thanks for suggesting that I am Sather material because I brought up the topice of Kariya, but to say that you would waive Avery because he is limited in talent makes me believe that you are a real Scotty Bowman......you putts! Again, the heart and soul of this team these days and you want to send him packing fans like you make me feel ashame to own a Blue shirt, especially here in Montreal! And seriously guys, Kovy and Gabby can not play on the same line, they both require the puck...... very bad chemistry to combine these two, might be impressive on paper, but it would never work out. I'm in for trading CHOSEN for a Debbies' fan and a bag of pucks while we're at it!
Can't tell if your post is serious. Hopefully it's joking or you should be embarrassed.

Never said that YOU were Sather material but after reading this, apparently you are.

In your Bizarro world Bowman was bad?

Putts?

Golfer?

Last edited by chosen: 01-26-2010 at 05:01 PM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 05:00 PM
chosen

Acquiring Kariya is an ultimate waste of time. He can't put them over the top and he plays no future role. This the kind of move that most sane Rangers fans have been shaking their collective heads about since they acquired players like Dionne and Lafleur.

I understand a team like Pitt or Wash etc. taking a chance on him. But the Rangers????????????????????????????????

Old
01-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Acquiring Kariya is an ultimate waste of time. He can't put them over the top and he plays no future role. This the kind of move that most sane Rangers fans have been shaking their collective heads about since they acquired players like Dionne and Lafleur.

I understand a team like Pitt or Wash etc. taking a chance on him. But the Rangers????????????????????????????????
If we don't have to give up any part of our future and we don't have to sign him at the end of the year, why not?

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 05:19 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
As for Kariya, no way. I really want this team to target a good 1st line center for the next two or three years until Stepan and AA are ready for 20 mins a night
It's difficult to just pencil in Stepan and AA as your #1 and #2 centers in the future... Stepan looks promising but he is just a prospect right now... AA also looks good but Dubinsky is more of a finished product right now who can be a #1 or #2 center and has to be included in these plans also.. No?

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
It's difficult to just pencil in Stepan and AA as your #1 and #2 centers in the future... Stepan looks promising but he is just a prospect right now... AA also looks good but Dubinsky is more of a finished product right now who can be a #1 or #2 center and has to be included in these plans also.. No?
I think they all end up being average to above average second liners, not first liners. Honestly, that's fine if we have the winger talent around them or sign a legit 1st liner and then move one to wing. I think they all have top six potential and all are cost controlled.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Nick00

I have a better proposal:

Stay away from old former stars who are on the decline.

Would it be possible for this team to do that?

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 05:26 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
If we don't have to give up any part of our future and we don't have to sign him at the end of the year, why not?
In my opinion, when a franchise makes a personnel change, it is more important to ask why, than why not.

Would it hurt? I doubt it. Can it help in any way? No.

Old
01-26-2010, 05:28 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post

Kariya is way past on the decline, at least as an everyday player.

Old
01-26-2010, 05:32 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Ovi and Malkin were on contending teams by the time UFA would've come up. Atlanta, however, is an absolute joke franchise. 0 playoff wins in their history after one appearance where we swept them.

They have the worst attendance in the league (or is it PHX?). They are a team going nowhere.
what in the world does that have to do with your argument? your post was saying for 20 mil tax free he would def go to russia.... well thats not true... you made no point to say if its atlant vs russia he def picks russia... you said bluntly he is going to russia....

he cant go to russia till he is a UFA and when he is a UFA he can also sign with any of the other 29 NHL teams so your points about atlanta vs. russia now are moot and pointless...

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
In general, I feel the Blues probably don't make the best trading partners for the Rangers, as JD knows the NY organization so well, I doubt they could be goaded into taking on either Redden or Rozsie.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 06:15 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
People getting hung up on the unimportant parts.

Okay, lets say we keep avery and somehow manage to get rid of Kotalik. The what do you think.

I think Pyatt could be the solution to our small winger problem. Our previous projects were Hall and Voros which both failed, its about time we did this right.

Avery is so ******* overrated its unbelievable.
So the guy talking about others hung up on unimportant parts wants us to go get Taylor Pyatt... ironic.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 06:23 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post

Exactly, we should not be buying these types of players, we should be selling them. If we suck so be it. Don't buoy the team up in the standings with temporary stop gap players. Every year these players cost us both assets to aquire them, and get you just enough points to cost you come draft time. IMO, we either sell at the dead line, or we stand pat with the team we have. I don't think we should be adding anybody.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 06:27 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
This is one of those disturbing things. I post a proposal and all everyone can focus on is Avery.

"ZOMG hes the only ranger that cares!!"

Sorry. Please, if you have a better idea to free up space feel free to counter with your proposal.
Avery also is a good player. You mix that with his personality and leadership, and yeah its absurd to waive him.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 06:47 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Believe me...JD knows Rozy, Kotalik and Redden are garbarge. He is the guy who fooled Sather into taking Backman...there is no way he does that deal.
No he wasn't...? JD is the GM for the Blues, not the Blue Jackets

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
People who want an aging Kariya here should apply for a job with Sather. You're his kind of material.
If St. Louis was willing to take Redden or Drury you would pass on accepting Kariya? If so you are as mad as Sather. If were Kariya to flunder he is off the books immediately following the conclusion of this season whereas Redden and Drury have years left. Ridding those contracts would be a god send.

As for Avery. He is an expandable player regardless of his recent indication of heart. Perhaps this is because he has finally come to the realization if he did not wise up his NHL career was moments from a premature end. Nevertheless he is not a primary player by any means and is exceptionally easy to replace.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
You want to go back and do your homework...I'll give you another shot to get it right.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:46 PM
GAGLine

The only reason to trade for Kariya is because his contract ends this year. If we can get rid of one of our bad contracts for him, by all means do it (as long as we don't have to give up anyone/anything of significant value).

I doubt STL will be looking to take significant salary back, though, so it's probably a non-starter.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:05 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
If St. Louis was willing to take Redden or Drury you would pass on accepting Kariya? If so you are as mad as Sather. If were Kariya to flunder he is off the books immediately following the conclusion of this season whereas Redden and Drury have years left. Ridding those contracts would be a god send.

As for Avery. He is an expandable player regardless of his recent indication of heart. Perhaps this is because he has finally come to the realization if he did not wise up his NHL career was moments from a premature end. Nevertheless he is not a primary player by any means and is exceptionally easy to replace.
Hey, if St.L would do that, then sure but now you can explain the logic of why they would take Redden for Kariya.

Hey, if St.L wants to trade us E. Johnson for Zaba, I'd do that, too.

Old
01-27-2010, 12:45 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
The Blues traded Backman to the Rangers for a 4th rd pick in '08. Technically as well, Larry Pleau is the GM of the Blues (soon to be Doug Armstrong) w/ JD the President of Hockey Operations.

Then Backman was a throw-in in the Tyutin/Zherdev trade.

It wouldn't be a stretch for JD to see value in Rozsival, but their top-4 is pretty much set for the next 2+ years w/ Johnson, Brewer, Jackman, and Pietrangelo (unless Brewer suffers another longterm and ill-timed injury)

frozenrubber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:02 AM
NY Ranger86

Quote:
Pyatt-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Kovalchuk-Anisimov-Callahan
Kotalik-Drury-Wiese
Byers-Boyle-Voros
horrible.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:05 PM
pwoz

Prediction: If Slats can't get Kariya or Souray, he'll go for Jovanowski.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote