Owen Sound 3-0 London

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2005, 09:31 PM
FearTheFlyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99

On another note, I was surprised at how Ryan didn't really stand out. He had a few good moves but never created anything really. He is one big monster though, he could become a good NHLer one day.
He might have just had a bad game, but he's been unstoppable in the last 20-25 games.See his rise to 3rd in OHL scoring.

Old
01-09-2005, 10:04 PM
London Knights

True, but at the same time...

Say London beats OS in 7 games in the finals. Then go on to beat Missisauga in 4 straight in the OHL finals.

How is what Missisauga did better than what OS did? To me, the two teams that the Knights beat last should face off in a best of 5 playoff or something like that to determine the team that should advance. If you utterly trounce the East champion, why are they the more deserving member to go on. They may have one more win, but it doesn't make them the superior team.

Old
01-10-2005, 01:25 AM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Knights
True, but at the same time...

Say London beats OS in 7 games in the finals. Then go on to beat Missisauga in 4 straight in the OHL finals.

How is what Missisauga did better than what OS did? To me, the two teams that the Knights beat last should face off in a best of 5 playoff or something like that to determine the team that should advance. If you utterly trounce the East champion, why are they the more deserving member to go on. They may have one more win, but it doesn't make them the superior team.
Agreed. But, unfortunately, this is the system they've employed.

This is what they should do:

When you get to the final four, rank the teams according to points. So this year, hypothetically, London would be ranked 1, Owen Sound 2, Peterborough 3, Missisauga 4th (or whoever). It's a much fairer way, particularly when something as valuable as a Memorial Cup Berth is at stake. (and would be useful in any year where there is a discrepancy between conferences regarding the top teams)

I mean, who cares if you win a conference championship. It's just a geographical expression. It's not like there is history behind it. (ie. NFC/AFC, AL/NL)

Old
01-10-2005, 07:49 AM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
He might have just had a bad game, but he's been unstoppable in the last 20-25 games.See his rise to 3rd in OHL scoring.
I agree, thats why I was suprised. I kept telling my friends all game he's gonna be a good NHLer one day and he's one of the best players in the league at only 17.

He showed some flashes of skill but didn't do much on the scoresheet just 1a (which isn't that bad against London).

Old
01-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Jacob

Where's Bissonnette been? When's he due back?

Old
01-10-2005, 06:50 PM
flip588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
A shoulder injury I believe, and I hear he was only out for this past weekend and should be back in the lineup soon.

The Attack will be in tough on the 29th, that's for sure. Fritsche and Dennis are nice acquisitions for the Knights.

Old
01-10-2005, 08:42 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Just a minor shoulder injury, he could have played, but sat as a precaution.

Old
01-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Jacob

Thanks.

Closed Thread