HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

How good are Taylor Hall, Seguin & Fowler

Old
01-21-2010, 01:44 AM
surshot*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDupont View Post
Hall will have a Messier like career..the Messiah is coming..
Eberle is the Messiah, Hall can be nicknamed Jesus Christ Superstar. Since that is what Oil fans would be screaming on draft day.

JESUS CHRIST THE OILERS FINALLY GOT A SUPERSTAR.

I liked Seguin as well this race is far from over.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 08:20 PM
AK Dandyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Hall definitely outshone Seguin tonight, as much as I like Seguin.

Hall earns player of the game honours as well.

Not to overstate things but: a player who - skates like the wind with his head up, can make plays, score goals, is solid defensively... I don't know why people are saying this group of top 3 players in the draft look weaker compared to years past... Taylor Hall looks like he has potential to be one of the better #1st overall picks since Sidney Crosby IMO. Beastly player.
How does Hall compare to when Kane, Stamkos and Tavares were in their draft year? Anyone here think Hall is as good as these 3 guys or a notch below?

AK Dandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
nafrelio

I don't know if anyone else notices/cares but it seems that Hall has very little emotion - he's like a robot on skates. Doesn't appear to be enjoying himself that much - is he that self-absorbed? Or is it extreme focus? How about he just thinks he's too cool for school to get excited about anything. Its one of the differences between Crosby and OV - one brings excitement and passion to the rink - the other is exceptional but very flat.

Ever played with someone who scored a goal and they skate back to the bench looking completely numb and doesn't want to celebrate with the rest of the guys. To me that is not what makes a great leader. You look at Messier or Gretz - they were very passionate and could get their teammates excited. I think Seguin has more charisma than Hall.

FTR, I'd be happy with Hall - just joining in on the endless scrutiny and evaluation.

nafrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 10:39 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafrelio View Post
I don't know if anyone else notices/cares but it seems that Hall has very little emotion - he's like a robot on skates. Doesn't appear to be enjoying himself that much - is he that self-absorbed? Or is it extreme focus? How about he just thinks he's too cool for school to get excited about anything. Its one of the differences between Crosby and OV - one brings excitement and passion to the rink - the other is exceptional but very flat.

Ever played with someone who scored a goal and they skate back to the bench looking completely numb and doesn't want to celebrate with the rest of the guys. To me that is not what makes a great leader. You look at Messier or Gretz - they were very passionate and could get their teammates excited. I think Seguin has more charisma than Hall.

FTR, I'd be happy with Hall - just joining in on the endless scrutiny and evaluation.
Maybe he's the Fedor Emelianenko of NHL Prospects?

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Ragss

A friend of mine met Hall recently and didn't have anything bad to say about him.

That being said, I'm inclined to agree with you. I liken it to Chicago, Hall is like Kane and Seguin is like Toewes...if only in terms of apparent personality, though I guess it kind of extends to style. But...what do I know?

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 11:01 PM
nafrelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Maybe he's the Fedor Emelianenko of NHL Prospects?

Too funny!!!!!

Now, I'm going to look that up...

nafrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafrelio View Post

It was a prospects game. He showed emotion at the WJC.

Go to 0:54...he's the one that tackles Eberle.

Hopefully we can see them celebrate like this in Rexall Place many times.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:23 AM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Indeed Omega. Hall + Seguin is my ultimate fantasy, but Hall + El Nino might have nudged past Hall+ Fowler. I now see this as a 4 horse race. Nino is craaaaaaazy good.

If Tambo can pull off any of these extremely unlikely scenarios, people around here will write songs, paint paintings, sculpt sculptures and create free form interpretive dances in his honour.
Hahaha, I was thinking almost exactly the same thing yesterday. If Tambo pulled that off it would be almost impossable to complain about him for at least 10 years.

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
TSN has released its mid-season top 30 rankings for the draft.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=15660

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 07:42 PM
OmegaTheory

Some interesting looking players there in the mid teens.

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:26 PM
AK Dandyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
TSN has released its mid-season top 30 rankings for the draft.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=15660
They are saying the margin between Hall & Seguin is very small. This makes me wonder if Seguin had played in the World Jr, would he be even closer like neck & neck or even better then Hall?

When i watched the World Jr this yr, especially the final 2 games, i saw them having problem generating good offense and hence all the turnovers, i thought they could really use Seguin. The WJ coaching staff this yr definitely is not as good as past years from selecting the Captain to role players or impact players.

It is very hard to closely compare Hall & Seguin without them playing on the same team.

AK Dandyman is offline   Reply With Quote