HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

VAN/NYR trade proposal

Old
01-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
No team in hockey is going to want the following players:

Redden - will never be traded...even if Rangers buy him out...there one be teams knocking down his door...he is a 6th dman at best.

Drury - the most expensive checker in the history of the sport. 19 pts. Betts has 9 points..that is 10 point & 7 million dollar difference. Jed Ortmeyer has 15 points...shall I continue?

Rozy - the only one who we might possible move but we would have to eat a bad contract in return...i.e Souray.

These guys are awful...regardless of salary, when you factor in salary...they are all pathetic.

What games are you watching?

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Rozy will benefit a team who can't meet the CAP FLOOR.

Because he's costing the team 7 mil in salary but taking 10 mil in cap space.

And he's capable of playing a lot of minutes, so he's not a total waste of a roster slot. Teams who can't meet the cap floor aren't concerned about winning, he's a serviceable player who can play 20 minutes a night.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Elvis Presley
Aka #30

just get rypien so we can get rid of brash

Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by apulsch View Post
just get rypien so we can get rid of brash
Best thing I read the whole time I have been on this blog.

These are the 4 free agents the Rangers must go after:

Kovalchuk - no brainer

Boogard - The biggest and baddest goon in hockey to protect Gabby & crew. Would be cheaper the Brashear.

John Scott - no one will ever run Hank again. He would only cost 750-950k at the most.

Jordan Tootoo - can you imagine him and Avery together...

Old
01-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Elvis Presley
Aka #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post

Kovalchuk - no brainer

Boogard - The biggest and baddest goon in hockey to protect Gabby & crew. Would be cheaper the Brashear.

John Scott - no one will ever run Hank again. He would only cost 750-950k at the most.

boogard on NYR? oh god id love to see that. giant beast he is.

Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by apulsch View Post
boogard on NYR? oh god id love to see that. giant beast he is.
John Scott is just as big and mean...we wouldn't have to worry about our players getting beat up anymore.

Old
01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Am I missing something here?
How bad the rest of the team is perhaps?

Rozsival has been one of our better players for months now.

We can complain about his contract all you want and the Garden Faithful and boo him at MSG but reality is he has been one of our top two defense men.

Lundqvist, Gaborik, Staal and Rozsival are some of the best players on our team this year.

FACT; Rozsival > Gaborik the past ten+ games.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
darko

Can't go wrong with Scott or Boogs. I would kill to have 1 of them on Rangers right now.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post

We can complain about his contract all you want and the Garden Faithful and boo him at MSG but reality is he has been one of our top two defense men.

Lundqvist, Gaborik, Staal and Rozsival are some of the best players on our team this year.

Jesus...

Ok...tell me what Rozival does well..give me 3 examples..

Old
01-26-2010, 04:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Jesus...

Move the puck, PK plays well positionally. If you think otherwise then you have blind hatred.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Move the puck, PK plays well positionally. If you think otherwise then you have blind hatred.
On the contrary...i would love for him to be good...but the fact that you think he is a good defensemen leds me to believe you do not know much about hockey.

Moves the puck well...if you consider him coughing it up half the time then, yes..he moves the puck.

ok..i will list what he doesn't do well.

He is terrible on the powerplay...never shoots and when he does..it is wide.

Never clears the crease.

Never sticks up for teammates.

He is a adequate 5th defensemen at best...but for 5 million a year...he is a total waste.

Old
01-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Jesus...

He plays better positionally / defensively than Del Zotto, Girardi, Redden and Gilroy. He handles a heavy work load and generally, along with Staal, gets the most ice time amongst defense men. There is a reason for that. If he wasn't playing well Tortorella would scratch him (and he has done so by example). Tortorella likes the way he has been playing and gives him the minutes accordingly. I feel the same way. A lot of other people do to. I just don't look at a $5 million contract. I look at the player and what he does first and foremost.

What he doesn't do well? He's indecisive, doesn't shoot enough, can't hold the blue line on the PP and loses position occasionally but not as much as those I just mentioned.

The #1 job of a defense man is to defend. Our team lacks decent defense men. This year, in terms of defense, Staal has been the only one better than Rozsival.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Rozsival's strengths are; Breakout passes, He plays it safe, Board play

His weaknesses are; indecisiveness, and lack of foot speed.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:

Kovalchuk - no brainer

add Colby Armstrong and Ortmeyer and I'm lovin that team!!

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Grifter3511

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleOleOleOleBureBure View Post
rozi for o'brien and demitra.

NYR would take back about 500k extra in salary. rozi is 5m cap hit (but only 7M salary over next 2 years. demitra is 4m and is UFA at end of the year. o'brien is 1.6 and a RFA. christenesen could be thrown in here to even out salary.

this would rid us of rozi salary
give us toughness on D
demitra is injury prone but will do well with his buddy gabi

van is looking for D as many of their guys are hurt.
So the nucks give up a dman who is top 30 in +\-, looks excellent in the extra mins he's getting thanks to injuries, who makes extremely little, and a forward who is off the books after this year for an enigmatic dman who will eat up over 5mil for the forseeable future? Lol you've got to be kidding me.

I live in vancouver but am a ranger first and foremost.
Canucks would never do this trade.

Not even obrien for roszival straight up. Nucks lose from every possible angle. Contract, defensive abilities and age are all in obriens favor. Offensive ability is in rozys but nucks have salo edler and erhoff.

Won't happen.

Grifter3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:49 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
On the contrary...i would love for him to be good...but the fact that you think he is a good defensemen leds me to believe you do not know much about hockey.

Moves the puck well...if you consider him coughing it up half the time then, yes..he moves the puck.

Never clears the crease.

He is a adequate 5th defensemen at best...but for 5 million a year...he is a total waste.
Where did I say I think he is a good defenseman? If you dont think he has a good first pass then your comment can go back at you, you must not know much about hockey.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Never clears the crease.

Roszival plays 20+ minutes a night of solid hockey, and hes been doing it for over 4 years now on a squad thats undergone major changes each season.

I think we all know you'd prefer a big mean guy that plays 10-12 minutes a night, gets into fights, and is a positional trainwreck.

In that case, I think its time for you to reassess what you think your level of hockey knowledge is.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm

I'd get rid of Rosival, Drury, Kotalik, Redden, and Higgins for A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G....I don't care what's coming back. You wanna send Redden and prospects to Tampa for Vinny - fine. You wanna send Rosvial and a prospect to Vancouver for Demitra and O'Brien - fine. Whatever it is, it's fine...just get them OFF the team.

Ross Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 11:19 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleOleOleOleBureBure View Post
rozi for o'brien and demitra.

NYR would take back about 500k extra in salary. rozi is 5m cap hit (but only 7M salary over next 2 years. demitra is 4m and is UFA at end of the year. o'brien is 1.6 and a RFA. christenesen could be thrown in here to even out salary.

this would rid us of rozi salary
give us toughness on D
demitra is injury prone but will do well with his buddy gabi

van is looking for D as many of their guys are hurt.
Sounds like the kind of trade that wouldn't help either team.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 05:41 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Roszival plays 20+ minutes a night of solid hockey, and hes been doing it for over 4 years now on a squad thats undergone major changes each season.

I think we all know you'd prefer a big mean guy that plays 10-12 minutes a night, gets into fights, and is a positional trainwreck.

In that case, I think its time for you to reassess what you think your level of hockey knowledge is.
You are right...I would take Redden, Rozy and Giradi over anyone...they all play 20 minutes of sound hockey and great first passes.

I wouldn't trade any of those guys for say a Regher, Bieska or even a Boris Volobik...those guys are all weak, reckless defensemen.

You know who else comes to mind...Beukeboom...he should have never been Leetch's partner...guy was a waste.

Old
01-27-2010, 06:45 AM
chosen

Quote:
You are right...I would take Redden, Rozy and Giradi over anyone...they all play 20 minutes of sound hockey and great first passes.

I wouldn't trade any of those guys for say a Regher, Bieska or even a Boris Volobik...those guys are all weak, reckless defensemen.

You know who else comes to mind...Beukeboom...he should have never been Leetch's partner...guy was a waste.
While Beukeboom wasn't a waste he was immensely overrated by those who think that punching makes a good hockey player.

Judging by the pic you use as an avatar and the belief that Volabik is a good dman, I think that it's fair to guess that fighting is an integral part of your judging a player's talent. Nice touch adding Regehr, though.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
While Beukeboom wasn't a waste he was immensely overrated by those who think that punching makes a good hockey player.

Judging by the pic you use as an avatar and the belief that Volabik is a good dman, I think that it's fair to guess that fighting is an integral part of your judging a player's talent. Nice touch adding Regehr, though.
I am for defending your star player and star goaltender and this team has shown they have no interest in protecting the stars.

I love fighting in hockey...I will not deny that...but I dont want goons for the sake of having goons.

In your opinion Beukeboom was overrated. In my opinion he was a major reason why Leetch is a Hall of Famer...he gave him the freedom and confidenence to play his game.

I would take a Nick Boyton over a Micheal Rozival 10 times out of 10. If Rozival was scoring 40-60 points then I wouldn't be so rough on him...but he doesn't do that and isn't a shutdown defensemen...so, to me...the guy is a waste and major reason why the Rangers are a .500 team that guys smacked around.

Old
01-27-2010, 08:14 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post

omg.

please, please get some help.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
omg.

please, please get some help.
I dont entirely disagree with that sentiment. Gaborik has been disappointing for the last 10 games or so. Roszival continues to be our 2nd best defenseman and has been for about 2 months now.

Make no mistake, I want Roszsival dealt in the offseason in order to obtain some much needed cap space, but those that cast Rozy as worthless either have a biased hatred for the guy that will never change, or dont realize how difficult it is to play 20+ minute of NHL caliber defense each and every night...or both.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont entirely disagree with that sentiment. Gaborik has been disappointing for the last 10 games or so. Roszival continues to be our 2nd best defenseman and has been for about 2 months now.

Make no mistake, I want Roszsival dealt in the offseason in order to obtain some much needed cap space, but those that cast Rozy as worthless either have a biased hatred for the guy that will never change, or dont realize how difficult it is to play 20+ minute of NHL caliber defense each and every night...or both.
Gaby has been disappointing because all the focus is on him, he is getting driven into the boards and beat up...get used to it...because the gameplan has been set...the rangers are a three man team...Gaby, Hank and our beloved Norris defensemen Rozy.