HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Jonesey's Open Letter To Katz

Old
01-26-2010, 05:49 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
= He never said,"New building or we move."
No one here is saying he said that. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 05:57 PM
SlowFreshOil*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
No one here is saying he said that. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
Post #250

Quote:
Laforge actually said that if they don't get a new building they would look at moving the team.
That's funny... someone did. Woodguy.

Memory retention problem?

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 06:04 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:

He never said "new building or we move". He did allude to it in the Global tv interview and if you have recently "seen it" as you claimed earlier, please share a link, as it is in there for sure. Here is a post that talks about it as well, funny that the article has been removed from the archives though. He was also shilling for public funding and whining about how the Oilers are losing money.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=563

You now have three people (not connected) in this thread telling you that he did indeed mention in passing that the new building would be needed to ensure the Oilers future in Edmonton. But you stamp your feet and say no, no, no. Whatever.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
I still haven't seen the quote where he says,"New building or the team moves."

He never said anything of the sort.

By the way, I'm in no way a fan of Laforge. I just know he didn't say that directly.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Post #250

Direct threat from LaForge? No.
Indirect threat via insinuation from LaForge? You better believe it.

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Sammy*

Geez, Bob Mckenzie must be shakin.
Today on CFRN with Chase & Nielsen, Mckenzie said it is extremly inportant for the whole Oiler org to speak to their fans, as they havnt to date, detailing ther plans ...etc (though he didnt expressly say Katz).
I wonder if Katz's mouthpiece, hired shill & Oiler apologist Bob Stauffer will take a run at Mckenzie as he did at Jones in an extremy unprofessional fashion (as well as not even dealing with the merits of Jones column).
For some reason, I kinda doubt it.

Sammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 11:04 AM
GSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Today on CFRN with Chase & Nielsen, Mckenzie said it is extremly inportant for the whole Oiler org to speak to their fans, as they havnt to date, detailing ther plans ...etc (though he didnt expressly say Katz).
I wonder if Katz's mouthpiece, hired shill & Oiler apologist Bob Stauffer will take a run at Mckenzie as he did at Jones in an extremy unprofessional fashion (as well as not even dealing with the merits of Jones column).
Yep, I doubt it too...Stauffer isn't about to go up against a true big wig in the media.

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Vandelay View Post
Yep, I doubt it too...Stauffer isn't about to go up against a true big wig in the media.
I think it would be career suicide.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:42 PM
hillbillypriest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
I know a lot of people on this board would certainly like some kind of public acknowledgement and explanation, but personally I don't get it. To me, it's patently obvious by the organization's disinterest in finding a stop gap starting goaltender that they have pulled the chute on the season and are not doing anything that would "positively" influence their position in the standings. To me, any public pronouncement just help's other GM's in turning the screws to Tambellini on any deal (blue sky or otherwise) that might be under discussion.

Can you shed any light on McKenzie's logic for saying that it is "extremely important" for the Oilers to detail their plans at this time??

hillbillypriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypriest View Post
Can you shed any light on McKenzie's logic for saying that it is "extremely important" for the Oilers to detail their plans at this time??
Probably to retain their season ticket holders. You're bang-on about any PR announcement would be killing Tambellini's trading position. PR would have to wait until after the trade deadline. Not sure that McKenzie thought this one all the way through.

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypriest View Post
I know a lot of people on this board would certainly like some kind of public acknowledgement and explanation, but personally I don't get it. To me, it's patently obvious by the organization's disinterest in finding a stop gap starting goaltender that they have pulled the chute on the season and are not doing anything that would "positively" influence their position in the standings. To me, any public pronouncement just help's other GM's in turning the screws to Tambellini on any deal (blue sky or otherwise) that might be under discussion.

Im paraphrasing. But he certainly did say they should.
CFRN has such a crappy website with no audio vault (doesnt appear the powers that be give a crap about that) so your on your own .

Old
01-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post
Probably to retain their season ticket holders. You're bang-on about any PR announcement would be killing Tambellini's trading position. PR would have to wait until after the trade deadline. Not sure that McKenzie thought this one all the way through.
I think everyone with a clue knows they have to try & dump contracts, so I dont think Tambo would actually be suprising anyone & compromising his position .
I suspect Mckenzie is of the view that if there is a hockey mad market, & your teams (& org as a whole) performance is beyond pathetic, & there is ample room foom for crtisisim , you should likely speak to the stakeholders.
Its just an opinion, which I dont even know if I neccesarily agree with. But it certainly is a reasonable point of view, & if Stauffer wouldnt have compromised his integrity he might be able to figure that one out. Instead , he chooses to be a shill, mouthpiece & hypocrite & attack Terry Jones the person, not even even the message.

Last edited by Sammy*: 01-27-2010 at 03:14 PM.