HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flames-Phillly Rumors

Old
01-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
The Steve Mason sporting an .890 SV% that lost his starting gig on a crap team? He can protest all he wants, but it won't mean a whole lot.
He was a consideration before this year, as were many others on Canada 2....

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
He was a consideration before this year, as were many others on Canada 2....
Maybe he was, but he's played his way off the B squad and probably the C squad in the meantime.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Maybe he was, but he's played his way off the B squad and probably the C squad in the meantime.
Though if the BJs offered him to the Flyers for a reasonable price, we'd go to Ohio and drive him to Philly still.....

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
sobrien
Oshie Hipster

Quote:
Though if the BJs offered him to the Flyers for a reasonable price, we'd go to Ohio and drive him to Philly still.....
I'm only a couple hours away, I'll drive him back for you guys.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Sure, but potential doesn't help an olympic team very much. If this were a discussion about guys who might make the team in 2014 he'd be relevant, but right now Mason belongs nowhere near an olympic discussion.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Eech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyman View Post
Kipper? Top five goalie?
I have watched quite a few Flames games and Kipper has been nothing but stellar this year. In my opinon he is a top five goalie. From what I have watched, he has kept his team in the game with amazing saves when the D in front of him left him out to dry. I feel sorry for the guy, lately he seems to be the only one that is consistently putting in a full effort (besides Giordano). Whether you agree with me or not that is the opinon Sutter has of him, which is why he won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXFlyers View Post
I heard Phaneuf is not happy up there with your coach. We will take him anyday and twice on Sunday. I would package Coburn and Gagne for Phaneuf, a 3rd liner, and a pick.
If this is true I'm really sad to here it. Brent Sutter was Phaneuf's coach in juniors when he played for the Rebels. I was under the impression Dion held him with high regard. As much as I like Phaneuf I don't want him here. We don't need that much money tied up in three defencemen, especially since Phaneuf hasn't been playing to his potential.

Eech is offline   Reply With Quote