HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vadim Tarasov

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2005, 02:13 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

vCash: 500
Vadim Tarasov

Have the Habs given up on him? I havent heard much of him for a couple of years since he was in A with Quebec.

Old
01-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Kasparov*

More like he gave up on the habs

Old
01-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan
Have the Habs given up on him? I havent heard much of him for a couple of years since he was in A with Quebec.
I don't think he was what Montreal thought he was and Tarasov never liked playing in NA

Old
01-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

This discussion comes up every so often I find. I think he is out of Montreal's immediate plans, having Danis, Halak, Heino-Lindbergh, and possibly Michaud.

Speaking of European goalies, what are the plans for Joni Puurula? Is he still a Habs prospect?

Old
01-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Thanks guys

Old
01-08-2005, 02:45 PM
J-D

Anyways I don't think Montreal owns his rights anymore.

Old
01-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D
Anyways I don't think Montreal owns his rights anymore.
According to the 2005 National Hockey League Record Book they do... which is why I was asking in the first place

Old
01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
This discussion comes up every so often I find. I think he is out of Montreal's immediate plans, having Danis, Halak, Heino-Lindbergh, and possibly Michaud.

Speaking of European goalies, what are the plans for Joni Puurula? Is he still a Habs prospect?

Puurula just left Finland last month and is now in the RSL. I was surprised he left the sm-liiga, so we'll have to see what if anything the Habs choose to do. I'd be surrpised to see him in North America, but you never know.

Old
01-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Puurula just left Finland last month and is now in the RSL. I was surprised he left the sm-liiga, so we'll have to see what if anything the Habs choose to do. I'd be surrpised to see him in North America, but you never know.
Basically Puurula left after another young goalie coming from same 2nd tier team as Joni, Miika Wiikman, stole his show. Obviously he felt backup duties wont further his career, so he left Russia for more playing time. HPK let him go easy after they managed to secure contract with NHL lockout Mika Noronen. If hes willing to do the above, I'm quite certain Puurula would like to try AHL hockey if Habs management chooses to offer that with all the depth in their system.

Old
01-10-2005, 11:02 AM
ZombieMatt

It's too bad about Tarasov. I'm not sure what is his story, but he continues to be one of the best RSL goaltenders.

Old
01-10-2005, 12:05 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt MacInnis
It's too bad about Tarasov. I'm not sure what is his story, but he continues to be one of the best RSL goaltenders.

He was named the top goalie in Russia twice before coming over. Then he came over for one year, played with Quebec Citadelles, had some injury trouble, but overall was a solid goalie. From what I understand he was very unhappy that Garon got all the playing time in the playoffs, after Tarasov was playing really well going into the playoffs. Also there was talk his wife was unhappy over here, so he left and went back to Russia. We still own his rights, and maybe if enough money is thrown his way he would come back, but I would be shocked if the Habs brought him and shocked if he actually came over.

Old
01-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Mike The Wall

I believe that he is very talented but he will never join the Habs. He does not fit the plans. He is older and there is Danis now that is infront of him.

Closed Thread